Search Home : Computers : Speech Technology
- Answers For Executives: Site addressing typical questions executives might have about speech recognition for offices and companies. Contains product reviews, installation guidelines, provocative analysis of the industry for people who would rather use voice technology instead of typing.
- Applied Technologies on Language and Speech: IberVox ASR: Barcelona based firm offering speech recognition, TTS and VoiceXML products for Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Portuguese, and the varieties of Spanish spoken in Latin America.
- Conversay: Computational Computing Corp. sells application specific speech enabled products including voice responsive browsers, office messaging system, speech SDK's for mobile devices, telephony speech servers.
- Fourth Annual Telephony Voice User Interface Conference: Brings together leading managers, experts and investors in speech recognition and telephony, to explore the business opportunities created by telephone speech recognition, text-to-speech synthesis, and voice web technology. February 4-6 2002
- Game Commander: Speaker independent (no training required) voice control software for Windows games replaces keystrokes with voice commands for popular games. Template files, patches, message boards, downloads, free trial version.
- Grover Industries, Inc.: Provides command and control applications for internet and desktop contexts.
- Guardian Business Solutions, Inc.: Warehouse applications using voice, wireless, and wearable technologies to provide automation and productivity solutions for warehouse management, distribution, and manufacturing systems. Partnered with Syvox.
- HAL Hits the Home: Voice recognition software (with product names HAL2000) for Windows 95/98 that supports air conditioning, telephony, infrared, Internet, X-10 and security - for use in home systems. Site gives audio examples of the interactions possible.
- Hand Held: Site sells a large-vocabulary continuous speech recognizer that runs on a PDA. Current offering (free beta download) is a voice enabled address book for Win 95, Win 98, Win NT, Win CE, Pocket PC.
- IBM Software - Speech Recognition: Big Blue's ViaVoice offerings in the desktop continuous speech dictation arena. Competes with Dragon Systems. Has mobile dictation and telephony products as well. Has continuous speech recognition for the Apple Macintosh.
- IMSI Software: IMSI Utilities Group licenses IBM ViaVoice technology to produce their own line of "VoiceDirect" dictation software.
- Media Management: 20/20 Speech develops and supplies proprietary speech recognition and text to speech software products and solutions for portable devices and media management applications such as subtitle generation or synchronization of video to legal dispositions.
- Mobilethink: Danish startup specializing in developing mobile phone speech solutions that are integrated with Internet information systems.
- Natspeak Information Pages: An unusual compendium of insider knowledge about Dragon Systems NaturallySpeaking speech recognition products. Downloadable utilities, tips for improved usage as well as a detailed, programmer oriented explanation of techniques for adding extended macro capabilities using Python code and custom grammar files. Generally oriented towards versions 4.0 and lower but still insightful for later versions. Hosted by Synapse Adaptive, provider of a wide range of assistive technologies.
- Natural Language Recognition: Simplis, Inc, provides a Java based "natural language" speech recognition interface designed to simplify access to existing programs and web applications.
- Open Source Speech Recognition System: Carnegie Mellon Sphinx project. Real-time continuous speech recognition system. Downloadable source for Linux/Unix and Windows NT or later.
- PGPfone: Pretty Good Privacy internet phone allows encrypted talking over a network. MAC and PC versions available.
- Philips Speech Processing: Worldwide provider of speech recognition solutions for telephony, voice portals, automotive and consumer embedded systems, medical and legal dictation with multi-lingual capabilities. SDK's available for inclusion of speech recognition in business systems.
- Scansoft - Dragon Naturally Speaking: Acquired Lernout & Hauspie, Dragon Systems speech recognition and synthesis resources and products. Also known for digital imaging products.
- Speak Freely for Windows: A free Internet "phone" program for talking to someone PC-to-PC over a network, i.e., a voice chat program. No banner ads. Features encryption hooks, "answering machine," text chat, cross platform versions for Unix/Linux. Optional facility for a buddy addressing server to list who else is on-line similar to the "commercial" instant messaging programs. Integrates with ICQ. Good voice quality. Optional C++ source code (free) for those interested in learning about with Internet speech protocols.
- Speech FX: An ongoing speech recognition project for the Apple Macintosh, currently concentrating on enhancing command and control.
- Speech Recognition News and Studies: TMA Associates publishes Speech Recognition Update, an industry newsletter on the business, products, markets, and companies in speech recognition, text-to-speech, and speaker verification. The site contains headlines and recent news, as well as descriptions of TMA conferences and market studies in speech recognition.
- Speech Recognition Resources: Broad collection of site links to speech recognition companies, services, products, magazines, trade shows, books, developer tools and online resources with a brief personal summary of each.
- Speech Recognition for In-car Use: Germany based Böhme Datentechnik deals in hands-free systems having echo and noise cancellation features.
- Speech Technology Center: Russian organization providing unusual variety of speech processing products and services for research and development, speech recognition, voice verification, speaker identification, noise reduction in speech signals, noise cancellation, forensic examination, audio analysis, logging and communication channel protection.
- Speech Technology Magazine: Online edition of the magazine, plus information on an annual 'SpeechTEK' speech technology business exposition.
- Speech and Handwriting Recognition for Wireless: Advanced Recognition Technologies, Inc. - designs, develops and distributes speech and handwriting recognition software products and technologies focusing on embedded software for cellular devices, mobile communicators, and PDAs.
- Talking Desktop: Speech recognition, text-to-speech software transforms a Windows computer into a conversational desktop companion. Provides dictation, web navigation, voice email, web cams, on-line news, weather maps, stock ticker, X10 home automation, MP3 music player, 3D avatar, disabilities features. Project in progress.
- Verbatim Careers Institute: Offers training for new careers made possible by advances in speech recognition technology.
- Voice Technology in Warehouse Management: A guide to the use of speech technology in warehouse management systems - FAQs, white papers and articles.
- Voxware: Provides voice-based technology that enables warehouse workers to achieve higher levels of productivity and accuracy while reducing operational costs.
- enCue Communications: Deploys Microsoft speech server technology focused on three software solutions and product areas: the Internet, mobile reach and call centre/cnterprise interfaces. Based South Africa.
This category in other languages: