Search Home : Health : Addictions : Substance Abuse : Support Groups
- 12 Step Pagans: Contact information for an email support `group` for pagans interested in the 12 Step program.
- 12 Step Sources: Provides explanations and links about support groups,
- Addiction or Self-Medication: Substance abuse from different standpoints.
- Anonymous One: Find personal stories of addiction and recovery as well as a search page to help find Twelve Step meetings, support groups, hospitals, and treatment centers.
- Aquarius alcohol and drugs services: UK Midlands charity providing advice and counselling on alcohol and drugs problems.
- CAD - Christian Action for Dependence: In South Africa. Works with Christian churches to provide support to the substance dependent person and his family and friends. Includes meetings, development opportunities, assistance, prevention programs, and personal outreach.
- Celebrate Recovery at Parkcrest: They fellowship and celebrate God's healing power in lives through Eight Recovery Principles and the Christ Centered Twelve Steps. Information about the program and their meetings. In Lakewood, California.
- Celebrate Recovery Ministry at Saddleback Church: Members apply "8 Recovery Principles" to become free from addictive, compulsive and, dysfunctional behaviors. Christ centered recovery program addresses all types of habits, hurts, and hang-ups.
- Celebrate Recovery at Edgewood Baptist: A Christ-centered program ministering to those who struggle with hurts, hang-ups, habits, or addictions. Uses the Beatitudes to reinforce the Twelve Step approach. In Rock Island, Illinois
- Celebrate Recovery at First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley: How this church combines the 8 Recovery Principles of with the Twelve Steps to address a number of recovery issues. In Berkeley, California.
- Celebrate Recovery at First United Methodist Church, Albuquerque: The Christ-centered Twelve Steps and Biblical principles lead to spiritual growth and freedom from addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. Information about the program and their meetings. In Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Celebrate Recovery at Perimeter Church: They celebrate God’s healing power coming through eight recovery principles and the Christ-centered Twelve Steps. Biblical principles and steps leads to freedom from addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. In Duluth, Georgia.
- Celebrate Recovery at Restoration Depot: Christian 12-step recovery support groups helping free members from addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. In Hayward, California.
- Celebrate Recovery at Rolling Hills: A Christian Twelve Step program. Groups include Adult Children (ACA), Anger Management, Chemical Dependency, Codependent, Love and Relationship Addiction, and Sexual Addiction. In Tualatin, Oregon.
- Changing Attitudes In Recovery: Christ centered support Group which welcomes people with addiction, emotional, relational problems who would like tools and support in learning how to apply God's Plan for recovery in their lives.
- Christian Recovery Resources Database: Searchable database of Ministries, Organizations, Local Groups and Meetings in the US, and Canada other parts of the world.
- Clean and Sober Living in Washington County, Oregon: A drug free housing, Christ-centered counseling and support groups. They also provide state-licensed training for substance-abuse counselors.
- Clean/Sobriety for Free and for Fun: Recovery from alcohol and drug addictions, message board and chat.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous: CMA is a relatively new twelve step program for people who are addicted to crystal meth. Links provide support for family and friends as well.
- Crystal Meth Anonymous of New York City: Local support `group` for those addicted to crystal meth. Meeting times and mission statement.
- CyberSober: The `resource` for recovery of alcoholics, narcotics, gamblers, and overeaters. More than 100,000 meetings, hospitals and treatment centers with maps and directions.
- Drugs and Homeless Initiative: A comprehensive range of support services for people addressing drug and alcohol problems, with particular regard for those who are homeless or in housing need.
- Families Anonymous: Families Anonymous' World Service Office official site includes information about FA's 12-step program; also provides on-line support `group` meeting directories; literature catalog; links to other support and contact information.
- Friends of Choices: Help for Alcoholism and Drug Addiction. We work in the service of people with Chemical Dependency and those that love them.
- Galano Club of Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Milwaukee, Wisconsin's Recovery and Social Club primarily for Gay men, Lesbians, Bisexual and Transgender people in recovery. However, all who enter our doors are warmly welcome.
- Geoff's Phoenix House Pages: Discussion forum, chat room, pictures of the facility, and links to the corporate site as well as other substance abuse support groups.
- Grrreets: Fairly eclectic site, but includes original "clean/sober" writings, cartoons, and unofficial Northern CA AA/NA meeting lists.
- Help To Recover From Addiction: Advice, articles, research, and helpful links.
- Hetty's - Drug Support Network: Support network for parents, carers, family and friends of illicit drug users.
- Journey to Serenity: Community forum for alcoholics and addicts seeking recovery. Daily meditations and forums.
- LifeRing Secular Recovery: A non-religious self-help recovery organization for individuals who seek `group` support to achieve abstinence from alcohol and other addictive drugs.
- Live And Let Live Group: For people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or questioning their sexual orientation and who have a desire to recover from alcohol or drug addiction.
- MM-Toronto: A mutual-help support `group` for people who have made the decision to cut down or quit drinking and make other lifestyle changes.
- Marina Dock: A safe, clean and sober meeting facility and social club, open to the public since 1986.
- Meth Madness: Message board which focuses on methamphetamines and general discussions.
- Nickscape Recovery Zone: Offers information about substance abuse and recovery.
- Pagan 12-Step Haven: A `group` for recovering pagans in 12-step recovery: AA, NA, OA, and DA. This `group` will focus on working the 12 steps and supporting each other in recovery.
- Pills Anonymous: An MSN support `group` for people with drug dependencies.
- Quit Abuse Society: Resources and information `group` for the many faces of abuse with chat and message boards and related links for support.
- Reachout (Wiltshire) Drug Use Support Group: A non-profit organization supporting those affected by drug use in the Chippenham area in Wiltshire.
- Recovery Inn: Free help for those who want to stop their addictions. No counselers, not a religious program. Members have been there and found a way to stay clean and sober and help others.
- Recovery Through Christ: Forum discussing a 12 Step Program for Christians and others who suffer with addictions.
- Recovery Wisdom, One Day at a Time: Twelve step slogans, start your day with a new slogan, send in your own and get a free book.
- Recovery Zones: Drug addiction prevention, treatment and recovery resources. Plus chat, message boards and free recovery email addresses.
- Reformer's Unanimous: A Christ-centered program that directs those battling addictions to God's intended support `group` - the local church.
- Righteous Oaks Recovery Center: A site giving all pertinent information about the formation, operation, philosophies and testimonies concerning the success of our six month, resident, Christ centered addiction recovery program for men.
- SYPADS - South Yorkshire Parents and Drugs Support: Telephone help line for individuals affected by substance abuse.
- Say No to Drugs: Official site for the Russian government's Commission on Fighting Drug Abuse and Illegal Turnover.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety: SOS takes a reasonable, secular approach to recovery and maintains that sobriety is a separate issue from religion or spirituality.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety: A non-religious support `group` for people who want to give up alcohol or drugs. Located in Rochester, New York.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety: An international network of peer support groups for recovering alcoholics and drug addicts.
- Sober Start: Substance abuse recovery forum and `resource` for information and support related to narcotics addiction and alcoholism.
- Solpadeine Addiction Support Group: Self help support `group` for people addicted to Solpadeine over-the-counter painkillers.
- Steppin' Out - The 12 Step Radio Show: Where alcoholics and addicts share their true stories of before and after drinking and sobriety. In New York City.
- Substance Abuse Prevention of Carroll County, Maryland: Substance abuse prevention message board and information for Carroll County Maryland.
- Substance Abuse Recovery Programs: Which One is Right for You?: Article compares several alcoholism and substance abuse support groups including AA (Alcoholics Anonymous), NA (Narcotics Anonymous), MM, RR, SMART, SOS, and WFS. [CNN with WebMD]
- The Recovery Zone: Features 12 step recovery resources with information and help for people suffering from alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking addiction, compulsive eating disorders, and gambling addiction.
- The Triangle Club of Washington, DC: Provides meeting space for 12-step groups and recovery activities for Gay and Lesbian people of the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Transitions Daily: AA and other daily readings for chemically dependent people. Daily e-mail by free subscription. [May not work for all browsers.]
- Twelve Steps to Emotional Health: A version of the '12steps' based on the psychological theory called 'Affect Theory' as developed by Silvan S. Tomkins and Donald Nathanson.
- Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users: VANDU is a `group` of IV drug users and former drug users who work to improve the lives of people who use illicit drugs. They do this through user-based peer support and education.
- Westside Service Center: A service organization for recovering alcoholics/addicts. Beaverton, OR.
- WorkingSobriety.com: Provides a forum for examining addictions and compulsive behaviors to support recovery from the family disease of addiction using the Twelve Step Programs.
- York Street Club: Located in a restored Victorian mansion in Denver, Colorado. Meeting facilities, membership, events and social environment for recovering alcoholics.
This category in other languages: