Search Home : Health : Alternative : Herbs : Chinese Herbal Medicine
- 3 Treasures Teas: Chinese Herbal Medicine Extracts: Created by Dr. James Zhou, OMD. Chinese herbal medicine education and information along with extensive product list addressing wide range of conditions with well referenced explanations of the herbal formulas and their medical application.
- Amato Reishi & Kyotan Group: Lecture: Status of Ganoderma Lucidum in United States: Ganoderma Lucidum as an Anti-inflammatory Agent given by William B. Stavinoha, a University of Texas researcher presents investigations into the anti-inflammatory properties of Reishi, in the treatment of Alzheimer's Disease. Anti-inflammatory agents are known to halt or diminish the progress of the disease. Scientific and medical research references given. Links to articles on the use of Reishi in cancer and HIV.
- An Experimental Study on 472 Herbs and Formulas for Herpes Simplex: Abstract relating antiviral actions on herpes simplex virus by Zheng Min Shi Department of Microbiology Jiangxi Medical University,China. From "Journal of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine", Vol.10, No.1, pp 39-41, 1990. Results showed ten highly effective Chinese herbal medicine and related formulas used in treatment of herpes.
- Ancient Way: Chinese Herbs: Offers a selection of Chinese herbs and teas, as well as consultations from a licensed practitioner of Chinese Medicine, an online clinic of Chinese herbal medicine and nutritional therapy. Includes essays and information on a variety of topics concerning acupuncture, herbs, Qi Gong, and Taoism.
- Ask The Oriental Herbalist: Pro bono alternative medicine site, specializing in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Aromatherapy, Ayurvedic Medicine, Exotic remedies, and Western herbalism. Administered by Master Herbalist Carlos Guerra, MAc, MFT, CCJS.
- AskDrWang.com: Traditional Chinese Medicine at your fingertips: online consultation, herbal formulas for a wide range of ailments, Chinese calligraphy, books, and insight into the ancient art of Chinese healing.
- Body Channel: Visualized bodyworks in Chinese the way, acupuncture, Herbs, Qigong, library and forum. Find a doctor in your area.
- Botanical/Herbal Medicine Resources: Columbia University's site for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine's Herbal Medicine Resources. Thorough presentation of resources, medical, scientific, and traditional databases, journals and links for Eastern/ Chinese medicinal herbs and other herbal traditions
- Causes of Disease by Anna Selby: According to Chinese pathology, there are three principal causes of disease: external factors, emotions, and irregularities in day-to-day living (emotional, mental, and physical).
- Chinese Herb Academy: Voluntary organization of licensed healthcare practitioners, matriculated students and postgraduate academics specializing in Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- Chinese Herb Garden: A variety of articles, including an outline, scientific principles, secret recipes, products, and pharmaceutic factors of traditional chinese medicine or sinomedicine.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Effective in IBS (irritable bowel syndrome): Herb World News Research Review of JAMA article of a Western clinical trial demonstrating the effectivenenss of Chinese herbal medical formulas in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Chinese Herbal Therapies for Refractory Diseases: Lists the most successful herbal therapies of traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of different refractory diseases.
- Chinese Herbs & Company: A guide for herbal supplements, describing a variety of remedies.
- Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in Canada: Traditional Chinese Medicine around the world. Articles on Chinese herbs and disorders treated with Chinese herbal medicine. Resources for patients, practitioners and students of Chinese Medicine.
- Chinese Medicine and Cancer: Article by Richard Walters. Describes Chinese medicine's role in the treatment of cancer presenting its foundation, how it works, evidence of its effectiveness and what one can expect during treatment. Focuses on the "the huge pharmacopia" of Chinese herbal medicine and the scientific basis for the role it can provide in collaboration with conventional cancer chemotherapy.
- Chinese Medicine in the Treatment of Estrogen Dependent Tumors: Article by Subhuti Dharmanada, PhD. Investigates the current concerns and uses of Chinese herbal medicine and plant estrogens in breast cancer, women's health, and medical research. Downloads in PDF format.
- Chinese Natural Herbs: Offers information on Chinese medicine and used herbs, a search option to find herbs used by disorder or illness and offers herbs for sale.
- Conquering Chronic Diseases Without Drugs or Surgery: Articles by Julia Chang, M.Sc. Text on Chinese and Western approaches in gallstone removal, gallbladder problems, liver diseases and woman health problems such as estrogen dominance and endometriosis. Prime Herbs products for sale.
- East West Clinic: Clinic in Winnipeg, Canada. Online herb catalog.
- East West Healing Arts: Acupuncture, herbal medicine, and physical therapy in San Pedro, California, promoting health and accelerating recovery. Marion Ipenburg, RPT, LAc. Includes articles.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Ginseng: Information on ginseng related to its uses and place in herbal medicine.
- Ganoderma Lucidum: The site contains information about Ganoderma Lucidum. Also records of patients from Surat and Chennai along with results.
- Giovanni Maciocia: Leading expert on Chinese Medicine, herbal medicine and acupuncture. Site offers herbal medicine articles, in depth research books, and a range of Chinese herbal formulae: Three Treasures (East West Treasures) and Women's Treasure. Psychospiritual, emotional and mind/body aspects of the medicines are explored.
- Grandick Trading Ltd.: Supplier of herbs and spices, marine products and animal by-products.. Site contains company profile, and information and images of their products.
- Health A to Z: The Source For Health and Medicine: Portal site presents introductory level to Alternative Medicine and Chinese Medicine from Western doctors' point of view. Search engine is useful for the links it provides regarding aspects Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and Wellness Centers.
- Herb Research Foundation: Dedicated to researching and providing scientific and proven information on the safety and health benefits of botanicals throughout the world from multiple medical traditions, particularly Chinese herbal medicine.
- ITM Online Institute for Traditional Medicine: A research, education, and information center for Chinese, Oriental, Tibetan, and Aruyvedic medicines. ITM emphasizes traditional Chinese medicine's use of Chinese Herbal Medicine in the prevention and treatment of illness as well as supporting fundamental well being. National practitioner referrals available.
- International Health News: Summaries of the latest research concerning Chinese herbal medicine.
- Medicinal Herbs in Chinese Medicine: Article by Micki Iborra from InnerSelf Magazine. Herbology and Herbal medicines evolved as healing art in China through observation and use. This knowledge was compiled and passed down for refinement through the centuries. Herbs, in accord with the view of Chinese Medicine, are classified according to their energetic qualities, temperature, taste, direction and functions.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM): National Institutes of Health (NIH) `resource` site provides information, resources and free medline. Number of research links to universities investigating the use of Chinese Herbal medicine for treatment of addictions, aging, AIDS, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, immunological disease, pain,stroke and women's health.
- Oriental Medicine: Provides information on oriental and Chinese medicine for professionals and consumer. Includes FAQ on herbs.
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine: Describes treatment with Chinese herbs, acupuncture and counseling of eating disorders, obessive compulsive syndrome and other imbalances.
- Pc Spes And Prostate Cancer: A personal story of alternative treatment of prostate cancer with pc spes, a herbal food supplement. Includes articles and news items, where to buy it, and links.
- Phytotherapy Aids in Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: Herb Research Foundation article describes results of study showing the use of herbs which aided the symptoms of pharmaceutical drug withdrawal such as irritability, insomnia, gastrointestinal disturbance and headache while relieving anxiety, panic and depression. Among the herbs were the Chinese medicinal herbs, Wu Wei Zi, (Schizandra) and Huang Qin (Scutellaria).
- Planet Herbs: Dr. Michael Tierra's planetary herbology, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, alternative medicine website and forums. Courses, seminars, East-West clinic, rare books, articles, supplies, links to other integrated medical sites.
- RMHI: Chinese herbology, correct and incorrect ways of choosing herbs: By Roger Wicke, Ph.D. How Chinese medical (TCM) herbalists achieve clinical results without side-effects by choosing herbal formulas for whole-body/mind/spirit symptom-sign patterns rather than for single symptoms.
- Rocky Mountain Herbal Institute (RMHI): Chinese Herbal Medicine Database for Practitioners with Latin and Pinyin references. Includes information about botanical classification, dosage, contraindications, preparation, physiological notes and traditional Chinese clinical indications.
- Rosenthal Clinical Projects: Women's Health and Chinese Herbal Medicine: Columbia University's NIH/Complementary Medicine center for Women's Health research, clinical trials and projects. Projects include the following areas. Menopausal Hot Flashes: Effect of a Chinese Herbal Preparation on hormones, estrogen balance, lipid levels and hot flashes; clinical trials treating uterine fibroids and symptoms with Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture. Surveys on the multi-ethnic perspective of Chinese, Caucasian, Latino, and African American women using herbs in treating women's health problems.
- Sexual Hormones and Reproductive Imbalances Materia Medica: Article by Christopher Hobbs. Addresses some important herbs for both men and women regarding hormonal and reproductive health concerns. The list of herbs describes their actions, uses, energetics, and includes a therapeutic index.
- Spanda Medical Company: Chinese Medicinal Herbs: "Deeply committed to the practice of Chinese and Oriental Medicine" this company represents 20 manufacturers, many who are Chinese medical practitioners "rooted in their field and its practice in the West." Offering superior grade and thoroughly researched organic Oriental medical herbs, herbal formulas, extracts, linaments, teas, and other Chinese and Western herbal products. There are educational articles wriiten by/for practitioners on a variety of issues in Chinese medicine. Full descriptions of herbal products are given. Wholesale/retail to professionals only.
- TCM Basics: Provides information on traditional Chinese medicine, herbs wholesale and equipment supply.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: Information about Dr. Zhengqi Lou and details about a Chinese remedy for the cure of facial paralysis.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and Specific Disorders: A collection of articles on how Traditional Chinese Medicine deals with certain disorders or conditions.
This category in other languages: