Search Home : Health : Alternative : Meditation
- Meditation Station: Meditation Society of America's web site. Dedicated to sharing meditation techniques and concepts from all traditions.
- 'Silent Moments' with Morten: Meditation slide-show of the changing light, from dusk to dawn, in a Danish Roman church window.
- Activekarma.com: Information, tips and articles on meditation to reduce stress, enhance creativity and increase productivity. Includes chat and message boards.
- Arena, Leonardo - Transpersonal Page: Contains topics on meditation, zen koan, taoism, sufism, east west philosophy and transpersonal psychology meditation techniques. Site is viewable in English and Italian.
- AwakenKey's Meditation: Meditation as a powerful tool to assist in shifting consciousness.
- BBC News: Meditation: Presenting results of a small-scale study about the biological effect of meditation on the brain and immune system.
- Bonny Foundation: Providing GIM Transpersonal Imagery using music, Mozart, and Mandala.
- British Meditation Society: The history and events of the organization with a network of teachers and support groups.
- Christopher Calder: Articles on Meditation and the techniques for improvement in physical and mental health.
- Desk top Meditation: A slide show and e-book on meditation.
- Discovery Health: Meditation: An article by Bobbie Lieberman about starting with Meditation.
- Exalted Living: A quick guide for beginner meditators and for those who have found meditating diffucult.
- Expanding Paradigms - Meditation: On-line instruction in 10 different styles of meditation, including walking, working, eating, breath awareness, mantra, and detached observation. Classes in Austin, Texas and retreats around the world are available.
- Feel Better about Things: Articles by Bob Steinman in the general area of self help with an emphasis on stress management techniques and tips, meditation, and other forms of relaxation.
- Health and Yoga: Understand the concept and discover methods to make meditation a joyful experience. Explore various techniques and mudras.
- Holisticonline.com: Meditation: Meditation is covered in depth including relaxation response, postures for meditation, and meditation practices. Healing application of meditation is also covered.
- House of Bliss: On-line yoga and meditation. (may require some plugg-ins)
- Inner Sports: Meditation and yoga applied to sports and outdoor activities.
- InnerSelf Magazine: Meditation: Various authors share viewpoints, modalities, suggestions concerning meditation and its effects on health of mind, body, and spirit.
- Life Positive: Providing in depth information and tips on meditation and dhyana.
- Life Transition Institute: Healing through meditation practice, education, and research.
- Meditate Now: Explore an individualized methodology in meditation on-line.
- Meditation at BellaOnline: Articles on practical meditation techniques in a contemporary format for children, teens and adults, plus a forum.
- Meditation for Health: Medical program based in Toronto, Canada teaching mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) to patients with chronic pain, anxiety, sleep disorders and stress-sensitive symptoms.
- Meditation: The Fine Art of Shutting Up: A humorous approach with helpful tips for those who find a "sitting still" meditation difficult. Offering tips to make meditation easier, plus information on Meditation Sharing Circles.
- MeditationTherapy.com: Andrew Shugyo Bonnici, based in Rohnert Park, California, provides workshops, CDs and newsletters on meditation.
- Moksha Journal: Infrequently updated e-zine. The journal reflects a multiplicity of perspectives, including works pertaining to Yoga and various schools of religion and philosophy.
- Music Healing Tips: Helpful tips show how to listen to music for transformation and healing from Sound Feelings.
- Relaxing Environmental Ssounds: Java applets that sound like being outdoors. Waterfalls, fountains, waves, crickets, and katydids.
- Seminars: Path of Light: Offer training to be a spiritual agent. Details of seminars and registration.
- Sight of Stillness: An interdisciplinary project exploring the experience of meditation through digital video film, holistic health, and neuroscience.
- Soul Connection: Dedicated to a holistic view of life that recognizes individuals as networks of energy and information, integrating body, mind and spirit. Explore such practices as meditation, yoga, aromatherapy, and gems.
- Stressless Mind: Manage mental stress by way of a uniquely devised meditation and modified yogic exercises based on ancient Hindu philosophy of Yoga.
- Synchronicity Contemporary Meditation: Practical mysticism to assist in experiencing more balance, awareness and truth in life. Offering living products, programs and retreats.
- The Abyss: Meditation instructions to improve well being, hopes, dreams, and self improvement.
- The Bali Usada Meditation: About the technique and classes conducted at the centers in Peneng village, Baturiti, Bali, and Jakarta.
- The Eureka Society: Sound current and light meditation program by a non-profit organization.
- The Silent Place: A guide to meditation, channeling, and spiritual awakening. Books and accessories are also available.
- The Society for Holistic Meditation: Founded in 2002 at the University of Hamburg (Germany) to investigate methods of meditation. Offer on line programs.
- The Summum Meditation: About meditation in general and Transcending Meditations. Offer books and courses.
- The Union of Mind and Body: Exercises for the enhancement of awareness. Similar to mindfulness meditations.
- You Are Your Path: Meditations and visualizations to develop awareness, increase energy, intuition. Donna Thomson, counselor. New Mexico.
This category in other languages: