Search Home : Health : Alternative : Resources
- The Richard and Hinda Rosenthal Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Supports research projects and educational activities covering complementary and alternative medical topics. Located at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City.
- A Consumer's Guide to Structural Therapy: Dr. June Leslie Wieder describes structural therapy and how it works (includes massage, bodywork, chiropractic, and osteopathic).
- About.com Holistic Healing: Guided site for discovery and discussion of holistic therapies, natural remedies, and spirituality. Includes chatrooms, discussion boards, and net links in several wellness categories.
- Absolute Healthcare Ltd: Informative articles and straightforward advice on a variety of alternative health topics. Also offers products.
- Activekarma.com: Features articles, information and forums on holistic/alternative healing topics such as acupuncture, aromatherapy, reiki.
- AltMedAngel: Alternative Medicine Angel: A non-profit site offering educational information and research on various health conditions, medications, supplements and therapies. Includes physician directory, newsletter, book review and product guide.
- Alternative Health Resources: Information for alternative and natural health disciplines. Remedies A-Z, newsletter. Products available from Health Resources, South Payson, Utah.
- Alternative Medicine Foundation: Non-profit organization in Bethesda, Maryland, dedicated to providing objective information on alternative medicine, complementary medicine, Tibetan medicine and herbal therapies.
- Alternative Medicine: Why So Popular?: Article by Hans R. Larsen investigates the reasons why acupuncture, homeopathy, herbal medicine, vitamin therapy and other modalities are flourishing.
- Alternative Natural Health: Provides information on natural nutritional remedy for many 'incurable' diseases and several cancers. [Author's claim]
- Alternative and Innovative Therapies for Children with Disabilities: Forum for discussion of alternative treatments for children with developmental delays, brain injury and other related neurological and metabolic conditions.
- Alternative-medicine-and-health.com: Health and alternative medicine `resource` includes sections on disease and alternative treatments plus nutrition and weight loss issues. Based in Boonton Twp., New Jersey.
- AlternativeDr.com: Resources on alternative medicine as practiced in the United States.
- AlternativeMedicineChannel: Information on alternative medicine including traditional Chinese medicine, hypnotherapy and naturopathic medicine. Maintained by Healthcommunities.com in Northampton, Massachusetts.
- Alternatives for Healthy Living: Free information and support on alternative and complementary medicine. Message boards, chat rooms, and reference areas. Based in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts.
- Arts and Healing Network: Resource and exchange for anyone interested in the healing potential of art. Marion Weber, founder.
- Association for the Advancement of Applied Psychoneuroimmunology: Information on psychoneuroimmunology (pni) and applied psychoimmunology. Based in Naples, Florida.
- Bodywork KnowledgeBase: Annotated historical biographical subject index to periodical and monographic literature on massage, movement therapy and balneotherapy 1600-2000. Maintained by the Bodywork Research Institute, Frederick, Maryland.
- Canadian Institute of Natural Health (CINH): Founded by Dr. Beverly Johnson.
- Cancer Cure Foundation: Alternative cancer information including therapies and referrals to clinics. Non-profit organization founded by G. Edward Griffin based in Newbury Park, California.
- Center College for Wholistic Studies: Classes, workshops, consultations, Mosaic magazine focus on Feng Shui, dreamwork, reflexology, Tarot, astrology, and massage. Based in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- Complemed-Alternative Health Information Services: Consultation and information service which encourages healthcare professionals to participate in a research network for complementary and alternative treatments. Maintained by Bernd Wollschlaeger, M.D.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines Institute (CAMI): University of the Sciences in Philadelphia site features natural product monographs, courses, seminars.
- Consumer Health Organization of Canada: A non-profit organization making people aware of the holistic or alternative approaches to health. Includes information on prevention of disease through nutrition, whole foods, dietary supplements, herbs and related resources.
- Cure Zone: Provides suggestions and alternative treatments for a variety of ailments and conditions. Includes articles and a forum.
- Dr. David Williams: General health advice, contents information for a subscription newsletter, and products for sale.
- Dr. Michael Janson, MD: Information on alternative medicine, nutrition, dietary supplements, and natural healing. Free monthly newsletter and question submission to the doctor. Based in Arlington, Massachusetts.
- Earthtym: Resources to practical alternatives for maintaining or improving one's health and recovering from chronic illnesses. Based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Earthways Healing: A non-profit United Kingdom based organisation that provides information on Reiki, spiritual healing, chakras, aromatherapy, kinesiology, chiropractic, earth healing, and meditation.
- Empowerment Station: Support and information for those with chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia, FMS, CFS, and Lupis.
- Healing Crow: Non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about chronic illnesses and non-drug related treatments. Founded by Seth Barrows in Greene, New York.
- Healing Intent: June Kaminski, RN MSN, offers techniques and guidance for holistic healing and wholeness.
- HealingDeva.com: Information, resources, message forum on alternative therapies, including online Reiki classes.
- Health Alternatives: Volunteers present research and opinions on alternatives to traditional medicine including weight loss and drug/alcohol addiction. Based in South Newfane, Vermont.
- Health Hotline: Articles on cancer, aids, natural foods, herbal treatments, and causes of disease.
- HealthWorld Online: Mega site of `resource` on wellness, natural health, traditional, complementary and alternative medicine information, and self care.
- HealthWorld Online Alternative Medicine Center: Resource on healthy living, alternative therapies and health. Based in Santa Monica, California.
- Healthepic.com: Portal dedicated to provide useful information on disease, its cause and remedies. Based in India.
- Healthnotes: Provides health and lifestyle information products for intranets, Web sites, and touch screen kiosks.
- Healthwell.com: News and information on alternative health and integrative medicine including herbs, supplements, nutrition and natural remedies. Maintained by New Hope Natural Media, a division of Penton Media, Inc.
- Healthy Christian Living: Health and nutrition advice.
- Holistic Renewal: Articles on holistic healing, psychology, renewal.
- Holistic Therapies: Suzanne Carter explains holistic treatments including aromatherapy, ear candling, reflexology, and massage.
- Inspired Living: Carol James offers programs that enhance personal, professional, and organizational development. Articles, resources, newsletter. Based in Concord, California.
- Mary's Herbs and Iridology: Iridology, herbs, natural health online classes and alternative health care information. Maintained by Mary L. Reed in Patton, Pennsylvania.
- Millions Against Medical Madness: Promotes natural healthcare as standard care. Educational articles. Dr. Lisbeth Baird, founder.
- Mind/Body Medical Institute: Non-profit scientific and educational organization promotes health and well being through the study and advancement of mind/body medicine, including the relaxation response and belief systems. Clinical programs are offered in conjunction with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
- National Accreditation and Certification Board: Offers accreditation for alternative health programs, colleges and graduates. Based in Owensboro, Kentucky.
- Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center: Articles, health news, books, links to health sites. Guide to nutritional remedies.
- Netnavel: Articles on holistic health, mental and spiritual fitness by Dennis A. O'Neil, Jr.
- NutritionEarth: A guide to alternative therapies, health articles, nutrition, recipes, and interaction with experts.
- Paradise Is Earth: Online book by Peter Bonnard describes causes and treatments for many common conditions.
- Patient's Guide to Choosing Unconventional Therapies: The Canadian Cancer Society and Canadian Lung Association provide questions for the public to consider when exploring the use of alternative and complementary medical systems.
- People Against Cancer: Non-profit organization distributes a wide range of educational materials about non-toxic innovative forms of cancer prevention, diagonsis and therapy. Headquarters in Otho, Iowa, with offices worldwide.
- Pro-Cultura: Non-profit organization dedicated to increasing awareness and facilitating understanding of traditional health systems, resources and knowledge among the medical and scientific communities. Pleasantville, New York.
- Quest4Self: Resource center for alternative medicine.
- Reflexology Software Ltd.: System designed to try and improve the diagnostic powers of the reflexology, homeopathy and acupuncture practitioners. Programs, news, and courses.
- SaffronSoul.com: Holistic healing, alternative medicines, nutrition and recipes, health queries, remedies and lifestyles. Includes ayurveda, yoga, massage, panchakarma, music therapy, colour therapy.
- SavonAlternativeTreatments.com: Provides information on alternative treatments, nutrition, a vitamin, mineral and drug index, and links.
- Secrets of Natural Health: Dr. Shyam Singha's healthy solutions for most common ailments.
- Seishido Communications: Organizes international trade exhibitions on alternative healing.
- Sigma Logic: Information about alternative therapies and practitioners. Includes directory of practitioners.
- Start2Health: Personalized assessment of diet, exercise and nutrition developed by Dr. Bob Blaich. Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- StayTuned: Articles and online resources on alternative health.
- The Alternative Medicine Homepage: Information on unconventional, unorthodox, unproven, or alternative, complementary, innovative, integrative therapies. Maintained by Charles B. Wessel, medical librarian, University of Pittsburgh.
- The Cauldron: Information about healing herbs, crystals, color healing and holistic medicine. Maintained by Merlin (Peter), color healer.
- The Light House Foundation: Provides information, professional services and the creation of community dedicated to integrative healing, holistic health and the positive evolution of humankind. Maintained by Fran Ditzel-Friel, Manchester, Connecticut.
- There Are No Incurable Diseases: Non-profit, natural healing website promoting the works of Dr. Richard Schulze and Dr. John Christopher.
- Thought Field Therapy Forum: Forum for the discussion of Thought Field Therapy in the treatment of stress, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, trauma.
- Townsend Letter: Listing of alternative medicine courses, workshops, and conferences.
- WholeHealthMD: Health prescriptions by board certified physicians combine alternative medicine, supplement, vitamins, herbs, and nutrition with conventional medicine. Based in Reston, Virginia.
- Wholistic Healing Research: Daniel J. Benor, M.D., documents that wholistic healing works. Extensive research evidence included. Wholistic Integrative Care and Spiritual Healing defined.
- organicMD.org: Non-profit organization dedicated to non-pharmaceutical common sense health education. Hugh Mann, founder.