Search Home : Health : Conditions and Diseases : Cardiovascular Disorders : Heart Disease : Resources
- Information from Your Family Doctor: An in depth look at blood pressure monitoring at home. A look at the different devices available and the advantages of each, how to prepare for taking of the pressure and how to use the monitors.
- Yale Heart Book: Yale University School of Medicine Heart Book. Provides information about the heart and heart disease, from diet to surgery. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader software for viewing.
- Alcohol and Heart Disease: Thomas A. Pearson, MD, PhD; From the Nutrition Committee of the American Heart Association takes an in-depth look at this subject.
- AllExperts Heart and Cardiology Q&A: Experts volunteer to answer questions related to heart disease.
- American Cardiovascular Research Institute: Improving comprehensive care of cardiovascular patients by integrating preclinical and clinical research and creating data management tools to facilitate quality medical care.
- American Heart Association: A report about obesity and the impact on cardiovascular disease.
- American Heart Association: Heart Profilers: Make informed treatment decisions with our free treatment decision tools for heart disease and stroke.
- Arizona Heart Institute Cardiovascular Risk Factor Analysis: Offers an interactive on-line questionnaire designed to help determine your likeliness for heart disease.
- Ask the Doctor: The Heart Forum for Patients: Interactive medical question and answer format about all aspects of this disease. Patient question is replied to by online doctors from the Cleveland Clinic. Extensive library of articles on cardiology.
- Aspirin as a Therapeutic Agent in Cardiovascular Disease: A statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association.
- Aventis: Provides patients with information about heart disease including treatment, medication, cardiac arrest, cardiovascular disease, heart attack and high blood pressure.
- BBC Health - The Heart Disease Guide: Statistics, information, and news on heart disease in the UK.
- CNN's Health News: Some samples of the latest news about heart disease and treatment.
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory: The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at NYU is a full service laboratory with operating hours of 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and around the clock coverage for emergencies.
- Cardiologist UK: Dr Diana R Holdright explains about angina, heart disease and cardiological investigations and treatments. Also some details about herself and contact information.
- Cardiosource: Offers research, information, ongoing clinical trials, and news regarding cardiovascular health.
- Cardiovascular Consultants Medical Group: Extensive, easy to understand information about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. The site is geared towards lay people and health professionals.
- Christopher M. Quick, Ph.D.: UCSF Center for Cerebrovascular Research.
- Columbia University of Health Sciences: A look at infective endocarditis, pericarditis, myocarditis, and cardiomyopathy. Discussion on each about diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Curious Heart.com: Provides education about heart disease, prevention, treatment and other general health information.
- Dental Disease: Summarizes current journal articles showing a possible link between dental disease and heart disease.
- East Riding and Hull Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme: Innovative programme to provide equitable Cardiac Rehabilitation for all patients who have suffered a Myocardial Infarction. Improves morbidity and mortality through lifestyle changes. Winner of an NHS Beacon Award.
- First EBCT Heart Scan Facility in Philadelphia: HeartCam TM. Joint service provider with the UPenn School of Medicine offering electron beam computed tomography (EBCT) heart scan for the early detection of heart disease.
- Guidant Condition Compass: Heart conditions information including congestive heart failure symptoms, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ejection fraction and dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Health Encyclopedia: Line up of all the heart diseases and description of each, included are endocarditis, arrhythmias, bradycardia, tachycardia and heart failure.
- Healthy Heart Guide: How to lower the chances of developing heart disease and how to reverse the effects of a current heart condition. Four ways to promote a healthy heart.
- Healthy Heart Index: A quiz with many lifestyle questions, providing a health tip along with each result.
- Heart Attack Prevention: Discusses the role ace inhibitors play in prevention of stroke, myocardial infarction and cardiovascular risk reduction.
- Heart Center Online: Patient Information: Features a cardiologist-edited encyclopedia, interactive tools, communities and other resources to help cardiovascular patients make important decisions about their care and treatment.
- Heart Disease Online: A `resource` for websurfers searching for information on heart disease, surgery, and heart health.
- Heart Disease Risk Assessor: Information about trying to assess the chances of getting a heart attack or other form of ischemic heart disease. Simple assessor followed by a full assessment if needed.
- Heart Encyclopedia: Children's Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati has compiled comprehensive information about disorders that may affect a child's heart and options to treat those conditions.
- Heart Health Center: Evaluate your risk with the Stanford Heart Disease Risk Assessment Quiz.
- Heart Information Network: Information about the cardiovascular system, healthy hearts, heart disease, treatment options and the latest news.
- Heart Savers: Presents a holistic approach for reducing one's risk of heart disease.
- Heart to Heart Volunteers: Support for heart event individuals and their families through articles written by health professionals and doctors.
- HeartCenterOnline: A `resource` for heart disease patients and professionals. Features a cardiologist-edited encyclopedia of conditions, tests, and surgeries. For physicians offers physician Web sites and other resources.
- HeartPoint: A multimedia site for patient information and education. Presentations from professional sources help patients take an active role in their own health care.
- Holstic Heart Health: Comprehensive information on the use of holistic therapies with traditional medicine for improved heart health.
- Infarct Combat Project: Information on heart disease.
- LifeHeart.com: Resources on heart disease, including angina, coronary artery disease, and quality of life for patients and medical professionals.
- Mamas Health: Information on angina, myocarditis and rheumatic heart disease.
- Matters of the Heart: A cardiovascular educational series brought to you by WHVC Physicians.
- Mayo Clinic Heart Resource Center: Information about atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease, diagnostic tests, treatment, risk factors and prevention.
- Medbroadcast.com: Discussion about the risk factors, myocardial infarction, sex and your heart, as well as many other heart disease related topics.
- Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation Center: Physical rehabilitation at the NYU Cardiac Rehabilitation Center takes place in our new fully instrumented, state-of-the-art gym. Patients are organized into classes, which also function as support and social groups.Patients receive individual attention from our physical therapists, nurses and exercise physiologists, even while working out in a `group` setting. Patient monitoring is accomplished through individual attention by trained cardiac rehabilitation physical therapists, exercise physiologists, nurses and physicians before, during and after the workout.
- Medtronic.com: Information about the symptoms and treatment of arrythmia, fibrillation, tachycardia and other heart disorders.
- MerckSource - Heart Disease: Information on coronary heart disease, high cholesterol and dietary information to reduce your risk.
- NHLBI Health Information Online Catalog: Government catalog of free and low cost information on heart disease, lung, blood, and sleep disorder prevention, control, and management from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- National Registry of Myocardial Infarction (NRMI): The National Registry of Myocardial Infarction (NRMI), sponsored by Genentech, Inc., is one of the largest observational studies of acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology: Provides a glossary for heart disease terms.
- Nutrition and Cardiovascular Health Report: Overview of the role of proper nutrition in cardiovascular health.
- Open Heart.net: Discussion forum, brief descriptions of cardiovascular diseases, treatments, and new discoveries. Sponsored by the Swiss Foundation for Advanced Communication in Healthcare. [Site in English, French, and German.]
- Pacemaker Arbeitsgruppe: Arbeitsgruppe Herzschrittmacher und Elektrophysiologie der Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Kardiologie
- Personal Health Zone: Information on causes, symptoms and medical and nutritional treatments for heart disease.
- Premier Heart and 3DMP EKG Technology: Premier Heart uses the latest medical equipment computerized EKG technology to accurately diagnose and monitor heart disease non-invasively, rapidly and inexpensively preventing heart attack, congestive heart failure and sudden cardiac death.
- Rehabilitation Research: Resources for researchers and patients interested in cardiac rehabilitation. Complete list UK programs with contact details, interactive articles, notice board, news and conference details.
- Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center: General information, news and publications, library and search directories.
- SciCentral - Cardiology: SciCentral is structured as a metadirectory of science and engineering on the Web. The site provides many links to resources in all fields of science, including daily necessities such as e-mail and phone directories and lists of college and university Web pages.
- Seek Wellness: Provides information about heart attacks, cholesterol, and heart disease in women.
- South Broward Cardiology: Cardiology `group` located in Miami, Florida. Web site offers information on common heart problems and disorders.
- St. Jude Medical Glossary of Heart-Related Medical Terms: Glossary of medical terms related to cardiovascular disorders, heart disease, and heart valves.
- Stanford Interventional Cardiology: Stanford Interventional Cardiology is a world leader in percutaneous coronary revascularization. We perform over 1000 interventions per year and offer the latest breakthroughs in the treatment of coronary artery disease and valvular heart disease.
- The Franklin Institute Online: All about the heart, how to keep a healthy heart, heart disease, blood vessels, pulmonary system, how it is monitored, blood, and the history of the heart.
- The Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions: The Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions promotes excellence in invasive and interventional cardiovascular medicine through physician education and representation, and the advancement of quality standards to enhance patient care.
- Thoratec Corporation: Thoratec Corporation is engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of medical devices for circulatory support and vascular graft applications.
- euroSCORE Risk Calculators: Provides free, multilingual risk calculators for surgical mortality based on this system.