Search Home : Health : Conditions and Diseases : Cardiovascular Disorders : Vascular Disorders : Thrombosis
- Airhealth.org: Provides information about Economy Class Syndrome and offers DVT prevention tips for pilots and passengers, treatment information, research, and a review of how well various airlines inform their passengers of the risks of blood clots from air travel.
- British Society for Haemostasis and Thrombosis: Dedicated to the advancement of public education and the promotion of those branches of medical science concerned with haemostasis and thrombosis. Features history, membership information, bursaries, news, and meeting schedule.
- CBC News: The Perils of Travellers' Thrombosis: Background on the cause, symptoms, and treatment of Economy Class Syndrome with links to related news stories.
- Coalition Formed to Raise Awareness of DVT: Article describing the goals of the Council for Leadership on Thrombosis Awareness and Management. [Requires free registration]
- DVT.net: From Aventis Pharmaceuticals. Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatments of deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and stroke. Includes free membership area with health tips and tools.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Hub: A brief definition, followed by links to research articles, overviews, diagnosis and treatment.
- Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism: Canadian Medical Association journal article describing how these blood clots are diagnosed.
- Economy Class Syndrome: Features description of risks and symptoms, prevention tips, information about compression hosiery, and links to related articles.
- Four Corners Online: Economy Class Syndrome: Archive of a 2001 discussion prompted by a young British woman's death following a vacation in Australia.
- Investigators Against ThromboEmbolism (INATE): Information about the prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolism. Includes information for patients and a restricted area for registered health care providers only.
- Lower Extremity Venous Anatomy and the Use of Ultrasound for Detecting and Diagnosing Thrombus: Article describing how ultrasound is used to diagnose DVTs in the lower extremities.
- Medical Experts Unite to Raise Awareness of Risk, Threat of Blood Clots: Council for Leadership on Thrombosis Awareness and Management formed to advance prevention and treatment of thrombosis. Includes disease description and council's education plans.
- New England Journal of Medicine: Thromboembolism: Collection of articles covering topics such as embolic complications and thrombolytic therapies. Includes research articles, case reports, reviews, and editorial commentary. [Paid registration required to view some recent content]
- Pulmonary Embolism: Article by Craig Feied, MD, detailing the background, diagnosis, and treatment of pulmonary embolism.
- Severe Pulmonary Embolism Associated with Air Travel: Article from the New England Journal of Medicine. [Free registration required to read full article]
- Spotlight Health: Deep Vein Thrombosis Overview: Discusses causes, treatment, risk factors, diagnosis, and research.
- The Australasian Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis: Represents clinicians and scientists committed to promoting and fostering knowledge relating to haemostasis. Includes mission, meeting minutes, newsletters, membership information, members-only discussion board, and related links.
- The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center: Features center information, staff biographies, list of seminars offered, and links to resources.
- The Thrombophilias: Well-Defined Risk Factors with Uncertain Therapeutic Implication: Annals of Internal Medicine article.
- The Whiteley Clinic: Information about economy class syndrome and deep vein thrombosis (DVT) including precautions for air travel.
- Thrombosis Crisis in Hospital Medicine: Free continuing medical education symposia from American Health Consultants on acute thrombosis management in emergency medicine.
- Thrombosis Interest Group of Canada: Detailed information on blood clots. Explanations and treatment options.
- Thrombosis Research Institute: A multidisciplinary organization concerned with the interrelated problems of thrombosis and atherosclerosis. Provides articles for professionals and consumers.
- Tim Hentzel's Deep Vein Thrombosis: Essay and weblog describing one man's experience with DVT.
- Travellers Thrombosis: From Dr. P. C. Malone, offering research papers, articles, and DVT information.
- UCSF Hemostasis and Thrombosis Center: Features information about current research studies such as ELATE and PREVENT, anticogulation and antithrombotic medications, treatment and testing, hypercoagulability factors, and detailed information for patients.
- Venous Thrombosis: The NIH has evaluated the evidence from clinical trials it related to people at high risk for the development of venous thromboembolic events.
- Yahoo! Groups: Thrombosis: Discussion mailing list for sufferers of deep vein thromboses, pulmonary emboli, and other vascular disorders.
- eMedicine Health: Blood Clot in the Legs: Provides information on causes, symptoms, and treatment of deep venous thrombosis.
- eMedicine Health: Phlebitis: Provides information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of phlebitis.
- eMedicine Health: Pulmonary Embolism: Provides information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of pulmonary embolism.