Search Home : Health : Conditions and Diseases : Infectious Diseases
- A Focus on Infectious Diseases: Information on influenza, infections in children, HIV/AIDS, shingles, sexually transmitted diseases, oral infections, and pelvic infections.
- BioMed Central: Offers the current infectious disease reports.
- CBC News: Canada's fortress of deadly disease: Includes information on Canada's Level-4 virology lab in Winnipeg, videos and news reports.
- Clinical Infectious Diseases, Electronic Edition: Published by the University of Chicago for the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Features news, articles, and practice guidelines.
- Communicable Disease and Immunizations: Communicable disease information for HIV/AIDS, pertussis, influenza, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, chickenpox, and others.
- Communicable Disease and Public Health: A journal published by the Health Protection Agency in association with the Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health. Find back and current issues and info about the CDPH.
- Current Infectious Disease Reports: Articles and web sites on infectious diseases.
- Diagnosis and Management of Infectious Diseases: Complete electonic version the book in .pdf format.
- Disease Outbreak News: Information about disease outbreaks anywhere in the world, searchable by time period, with archives by disease; from the Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response (CSR), World Health Organization.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal: Extensive e-journal from the CDC.
- Future-Drugs.com: Provides expert reviews on therapeutics and diagnostics in the treatment of infectious disease. Coverage includes: antibiotics, drug resistance, drug therapy, infectious disease medicine, anibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral approaches, and diagnostic tests.
- Health Protection Agency: Infections: CDSC is a division of the Health Protection Agency and is the UK information and response center for surveillance and control of infectious diseases.
- IDLinx: Medical news and information in infectious disease from current medical journals for physicians. Available on the web or by email newsletter.
- InfectionSpotlight.com: Resource for patients and families, including information, latest news and additional links on infectious diseases. From Aventis Pharmaceuticals.
- Infections - MCW HealthLink: Information about infectious and communicable diseases from the physicians of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Surveillance: Factsheets and news releases related to diseases and various health topics.
- Infectious Disease LifeCenter: Offers patients news and info regarding a host of diseases, as well as a secure online setting where they can ask board-certified physicians questions.
- Infectious Disease News: Online version of the magazine. Includes breaking news, archives, online seminars, and specialty forums.
- Infectious Diseases: Articles in .pdf format - requiring Adobe Acrobat reader. Plus a link directory.
- Infectious Diseases - Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine: Includes infectious disease fellowship training, research, education, treatment guidelines, microbiology primer, and antibiotic formulary.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America: Includes information about the IDSA, a career center, newsroom, practice guidelines, and journals and publications.
- Infectious Diseases in Children: Online version of the journal. Includes case studies, articles, and monographs.
- Infectious Diseases of the Central Nervous System: Parenchymal Infections: Medical information on cerebral abscesses, syphilis, parasitic infections, fungal infections, viral infections, and CJD.
- Infectious Facts: From the Association of State and Territorial Directors of Health Promotion and Public Health Education. Fact sheets on infectious diseases.
- International Society for Infectious Diseases: ISID consists of individuals interested in infectious diseases, including specialists, microbiologists, immunologists, epidemiologists, public health workers, parasitologists, virologists, mycologists, and molecular biologists. Find publications, resources, memberships and programs.
- Johns Hopkins Infectious Diseases: Information on infectious diseases including hepatitis, STDs, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, research, education, and epidemiology.
- Karolinska Institute: Library and Information Center: Compilation of medical microbiology and infectious diseases sites.
- Kidshealth: Infections: Directory of factsheets covering common infections affecting children.
- Medical Microbiology: Information on the microorganisms that cause diseases in humans. Lecture notes, laboratory notebook, computerized clinical cases, and most common causes of infectious diseases file.
- Medical Microbiology: Online textbook with scientific and medical information on many disease causing organisms.
- Mediscover - Infectious Diseases: Content includes topical news from the world or research, recent releases from the world of clinical practice - antivirals, antibiotics and vaccines, regular feature articles, specialist resources.
- Medlineplus - Infectious Diseases: Articles about infectious disease and infectious disease links.
- Medscape Infectious Diseases: Directory of news, articles, research reports, and sites. Free registration required to view most of the material.
- Microbes: in Sickness and in Health: Publication of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- Microbial Threats to Health: Emergence, Detection, and Response (2003): Covers emerging diseases, resurgence of known pathogens, and the human factors that converge to provide an environment where diseases can spread. Complete 350-page report from the Board on Global Health of the National Academy of Science, in Open Book and PDF formats.
- National Center for Infectious Diseases: A large, searchable database of articles about diseases; resources for scientists, physicians, travelers; publications; training programs.
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases: NFID supports research into the causes, cures, and prevention of infectious diseases and sponsors public and professional education programs. Virtual library, factsheets, vaccine research conference information, National Coalition for Adult Immunization.
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID): Provides major support for scientists conducting research aimed at developing better ways to diagnose, treat and prevent the many infectious, immunologic and allergic diseases.
- Ncbugs.com: Online `resource` for Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health in North Cumbria. Intended for anyone with a personal or professional interest in communicable disease control.
- New York State Department of Health: Communicable Diseases: Directory of factsheets on infectious diseases, plus press releases.
- NewsRx Report Series on Infectious Disease Therapy Research: Summaries of a series of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports. Full report requires payment.
- OHSU Health -- Infectious Diseases: Overview, symptom and treatment information about infectious diseases.
- Oregon Health & Science University: OHSU offers infectious diseases information including common diseases, prevention, statistics, the immune system and a glossary.
- Pediatric Investigator Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada: PICNIC official web site to learn about new research, technologies, and to connect to each other. Offers information about the organization, publications, links and a member only area.
- Research and Training in Tropical Diseases: Co-sponsored by the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the World Bank and the World Health Organization (WHO). It helps co-ordinate global efforts to combat infectious diseases of the poor and disadvantaged.
- Scottish Centre for Infection and Environmental Health: Information on communicable diseases and environmental health hazards, travel and veterinary health risks including statistical data.
- The Bad Bug Book: This handbook provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins. Each chapter focuses on either one bacteria, virus, parasite, or natural toxin, providing basic facts.
- The American Medical Association's Resources on Infectious Diseases: Current resources for physicians and the public on important issues in infectious diseases. Features news, forums, articles, and archives.
- The Core Center: Comprehensive range of outpatient care to individuals and families affected by HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases.
- The Global Infectious Disease Threat and Its Implications for the United States: Extensive report from the US Central Intelligence Agency.
- The Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education: Infection Index: Images of organisms and their effects on organs.
- The Lancet: Infectious Diseases: Online version of the journal. Includes full text articles and abstracts. Requires registration to see most of the content. Basic registration is free. Some articles are pay per view.
- The Merck Manual - Infectious Diseases: Specific and general clinical information on infectious diseases and their treatment.
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Infectious Disease: The Infectious Diseases collection covers topics such as sepsis, meningitis, and pneumonia.
- Tick-Borne Encephalitis, TBE: Includes information on distribution, incidence, symptoms, treatment, vaccination and prevention.
- U.S. Army Medical Research Unit-Kenya: Research and surveillance of tropical diseases, including virology, parasitology, and immunology, to develop and test improved means for predicting, detecting, preventing, and treating infectious disease threats in East Africa.
- USAMRIID: The United States Army Medical Research Institute for infectious diseases.
- Vads Corner: Emerging viruses, Outbreaks, Haze, Nipah virus, enterovirus 71, Influenza, H5N1 Influenza A, Chikungunya virus, West Nile virus, Dioxin, Arsenic, Medline, Medical Journals.
- WHO/OMS - Infectious diseases: Articles from the World Health Organization.
- eMedicine Health: Consumer health `resource` center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of swollen lymph glands.
- eMedicine Health - Finger Infection: Consumer health `resource` center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of injury or infection to a finger.
- eMedicine Health - Sepsis: Consumer health `resource` center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of blood infection.
- eMedicine: Hospital Acquired Infections: Physician reports on the viral, bacterial, and fungal pathogens likely to cause nosocomial infections such as pneumonia, urinary tract infection, colitis, and candidiasis. Includes medical care and prevention tips.
- eMedicine: Infectious Diseases: Directory of full length articles on various diseases.
This category in other languages: