Search Home : Health : Conditions and Diseases : Neurological Disorders : Alzheimer's : Research
- A Molecular Genetic Study of Factors Involved in Alzheimer's Disease: Doctoral thesis by Mikko Hiltunen, University of Kuopio.
- Alzheimer Research Forum: Has plenty of research information for both the professional and the patient.
- Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Search and Rescue Research: Wandering is an important behavior common in Alzheimer's disease that make the disease so critical to the field of search and rescue. Excerpts from a book not yet completely written.
- Alzheimer's Research Center: Information about treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's disease and other dementing illnesses.
- Alzheimer's Research: National Institute on Aging: Research news and press releases on AD research from the NIA.
- Alzheimer's Second Opinion: Alzheimer's facts and research.
- Amyloid and Neurodegenerative Disorders: Huntington's and Alzheimer's Diseases. Inhibition of polyglutamine aggregation. Elucidation of structure of a-beta fibrils.
- Biological Markers for Alzheimer's Disease: A doctoral thesis by Tero Tapiola.
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research (CNDR): Information about Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other neurodegenerative diseases for researchers, physicians, patients and families.
- Expert BioMed Inc Biotechnology Alzheimer: Private company for anti-Alzheimer's disease therapeutics.
- Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease: Genetics of familial and sporadic Alzheimer's disease.
- Geriatric Studies Center - Alzheimer's Disease Research Center: AD, mild cognitive impairment, clinical trials, geriatric studies, and information on resources available to patients.
- Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center: resource for the collection and distribution of human brain specimens for brain research into neurological disorders and psychiatric illnesses.
- Health Link MCW: An article concerning current research on Alzheimer's, memory loss and aging.
- Human.IT - Medical Diagnostics: Neuropsychological testing for possible early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease.
- Imaging Research Seeks Early Detection of Alzheimer's Risk: Using functional magnetic resonance imaging brain scans, researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin are looking for a way to spot patients at high risk for AD even before they develop symptoms. From Health Link MCW.
- Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia: Includes information about the clinic, research and caregiver support.
- Lodge Creek Research: Techniques that can be applied to prevent, delay, and slow down Alzheimer's.
- MRI of Hippocampus In Incipient Alzheimer's Disease: Doctoral thesis by Mikko Laakso.
- Molecular Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease: Review of genteics.
- National Alzheimer's Coordinating Center: Facilitates collaborative research among the approxiamately 30 Alzheimer's Disease Centers funded by the National Institute of Aging.
- Stanford / VA Palo Alto Alzheimer's Research Center of California: Offers support groups, clinical trials, sleep studies, dementia clinic FAQs, publications from staff members and contact information.
- Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain: Sponsored by the U.S. National Institute on Aging, facilitating research and educational programs relating to Alzheimer's Disease and other age-related neurodegenerative diseases.
- The Lost Alzheimer's and Related Disorders Search Subject: New Research & Perspectives: Long article based on a search and rescue conference talk discusses the issue of people with dementia wandering away from their caregivers.
- The McCusker Foundation for Alzheimer's Disease Research: To develop early diagnostic tests for Alzheimer's accelerate discovery of effective treatment - Univ. of Western Australia.
- University of Washington Alzheimer's Disease Research Center: Information for researchers, health care providers and families.