Search Home : Health : Conditions and Diseases : Neurological Disorders : Dementia
- Dementia: Overview and fact sheet on dementia from the Merck Medical Manual.
- Multi-infarct or Vascular Dementia: Good overview of dementia from strokes or other vascular causes. Maintained by the National Institute of Health
- Adult Caregivers: Designed to assist those who have loved ones in different stages of Dementia and Alzheimer's. Help and support for them and their loved one.
- Alzheimer's Association: Latest information on dementia, drug trials, research, support and education.
- Binswanger's Disease: Subcortical Arteriosclerotic Encephalopathy information sheet compiled by National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Butler Hospital Memory Disorders Program: Designed to assist individuals with memory loss and dementia and their families by providing high quality, comprehensive evaluation and treatment, while also researching and developing new treatments for Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia, and training medical residents, psychology interns, and fellows - from Brown Medical School.
- Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research (CNDR): Information on Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and other neurodegenerative diseases for patients, families, physicians and researchers.
- Definition - Dementia: From a dictionary of terms pertaining to memory processes.
- Dementia - from BUPA: Concise fact sheet explaining the causes, symptoms and treatment of this disorder, available for down loading in Adobe Acrobat.
- Dementia Advocacy and Support Network International: Provides information about DASN, a non-profit organization. Includes news headlines and extensive resources for the diseases.
- Dementia Voice: Offers individualized courses for specific settings e.g. day care, residential. Primary operations in the UK.
- Dementia.com: Comprehensive information and tools on dementia, created for medical professionals and for patients or caregivers.
- Dementia: Diagnosis and Treatment: Diagnosis, management and support for individuals and families affected by dementia
- Dementias: Hope Through Research: Information on Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, and other types of dementia compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
- Ethnic Elders Care: Covers diagnostic and treatment issues in dementia among ethnic elders and includes listings for memory disorders clinics, medical news, caregiver advice and information on cultural aspects of dementia.
- Health4her: Information about dementia, its diagnosis, causes and treatment options.
- Just Another Disability: Aims to bring together architects, designers and care professionals, people with dementia, their carers and families to create a comprehensive guide to making design dementia friendly.
- Kingshill Research Centre: Dementia information: resources, definition, and symptoms.
- Kuru Disease: An explanation of this brain rotting disease found only in a remote part of New Guinea.
- Mayo Clinic: Behavior and Dementia: A description of the condition and its causes and methods of coping.
- Memory - Helping Yourself: Offers you information on how to look after your memory and what to do if you are concerned about your own or someone else's memory problems.
- Memory Book: Free download of 15 page booklet about memory problems and how to overcome them. For mild memory impairment through to serious dementia.
- Memory Center - University of Chicago: Information on dementia from the highly esteemed Memory Center at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- Methodist Health - Dementia: Description of dementia types. Causes of dementia or dementia-like symptoms.
- Neurology Channel - Dementia: Introduction to dementia, ask a doctor forum.
- Signpost Journal: Specialist journal for health care professionals in the fields of dementia and geriatric mental health. Non-profit on-line articles from Wales, UK.
- The Clive Project: Care and support for younger people (under 65 years of age) with dementia (early onset dementia) and Alzheimer's Disease, and their families.
- The Memory Centre: Specializes in the assessment of memory difficulties and related problems including Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Find the symptoms, causes, treatments, and consultancy information. Located in East Melbourne.
- The NYU Silberstein Aging & Dementia Research Center (ADRC): Center dedicated to understanding brain aging and dementia through research, education and treatment.
- Treatment of Agitation in the Elderly with Dementia: Provides information for the medical practitioner dealing with the elderly who have dementia: discusses assessment,treatment, dosing, safety and continued management.
- Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute: Dementia Diagnostic Clinics: A list of Wisconsin-specific care and diagnostic centers.
- eMedicine Health - Dementia Overview: Consumer health `resource` center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
This category in other languages: