Search Home : Health : Medicine : Education
- ACP-ASIM Online: The web site of the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine. Publishers of Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Association for Hospital Medical Education: A national nonprofit professional organization involved in the continuum of medical education.
- CAL Reviews: An internet based catalogue of reviewed medical multimedia resources.
- Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery: A nonprofit education and research organization. Its mission is training hand surgeons, supporting research, and informing the public.
- Clinical Science Doctoral Program at The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center: The doctoral program is for clinicians and other health care professionals pursuing academic careers in clinical investigation and health services research.
- Doctor Digest: Medical doctors can review electronic medical information resources available in any of the following media: browsable WWW sites, or downloadable datasets and software, or on CD-ROMS.
- Doctor's Guide: Medical and pharmacological news, case studies and specialty and subspecialty-specific updates on latest in treatment and research.
- Education Center of Association Endosurgery of Tatarstan: Noncommercial public organization, which was created with the purpose to support the development of endoscopic surgery and gynaecology in Russia.
- Education for Medical Occupations: Offers educational and career information resources for a wide variety of occupations in the medical field.
- Emergency Clinical Guide: A comprehensive educational and reference `resource` for medical and nursing students. Includes eponyms, acronyms, ABG calculator, physical exam basics.
- Endo-Surgery Institute: About the certified and non-certified programs and distant learning delivery systems offered by this facility in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Flesh and Bones: For medical students and instructors. Includes free MCQs, sample chapters and images from leading medical textbooks, plus competitions and games.
- Genetic Counselling Courses: Graduate Diploma and Masters of Science at University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
- Gold Standard Multimedia: Comprehensive and up-to-date pharmacology, human anatomy, physiology and pathology learning resources. Large selection of pathological photo-illustrations.
- Health Advice from Your Family Doctor: Medical consultation offers confidential health advice and other helpful information in Q&As, medical topics and news formats.
- Healthprofessions.com: Educational resources relating to the healthcare industry. Many specialties are listed with a brief summary of responsibilities, educational requirements, and schools offering these programs.
- How to Choose a Medical Specialty: Assists medical students in choosing a medical specialty. Rate multiple "I tend to..." statements, then a rank order list of specialties will be generated based on likes and dislikes.
- Interactive Chest Pain: Creighton University School of Medicine case presentation modules. These clinical cases are designed to introduce one to the process of clinical problem solving.
- Interactive Medical Student Lounge: Dental, medical, osteopathic, pre-med, pre-dent students and doctors meet at the Lounge for contacts, reference, and relaxation.
- Masters Program in Molecular Medicine: Course is run under the auspices of the Faculty of Health Sciences and the Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin.
- Medical Texts: Online medical texts in a variety of specialties are available to view or download.
- Medical University of Gdansk - English Division: Information about the medical studies in English for foreign students. Admission criteria. Curricula. Basic medical and clinical science.
- Medicine and Healthcare courses at CyberU: Directory to online medicine and healthcare courses. Provides a broad selection of online classes and learning resources in the medical field.
- Medscape Med Students: Medical updates, weekly "grand-rounds" type cases including pathological slides and discussions with up-to-date references. Free PalmOS applications, including ePharmacopoeia.
- Microsurgery Training Program: Basic Microsurgical Course (40 hours), Advanced Course (12 hours), Microsurgery Laboratory, Indiana University Medical Center.
- NPR : First-Year Med Students Enter the 'Gross' Lab: A visit to the first day of gross anatomy lab. Part one of a series following first-year medical students. NPR's Melissa Block reports. [10:31 streaming audio broadcast]
- NPR : Lessons from the Gross Anatomy Lab: As final exams approach for freshman medical students at the University of Maryland, they reflect on what they've learned in the gross anatomy lab. NPR's Melissa Block visits the lab in the second of a series about gross anatomy and body donation. [12:05 streaming audio broadcast]
- National Teacher Training Center for the Health Professions: Provides information on the course offerings at the Center, University of the Philippines Manila. Visitors can also look at the list of faculty members and self-instructional materials available in the Learning Resource Unit.
- PLAB Club: Guide to the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board test and taking up a medical career in the UK.
- Physician Credentials: Information on Credentialing from the American Medical Association.
- Resource Room at Massachusetts General Hospital: Bibliography, support groups for cancer
- Stratos Institute for Healthcare Performance: Offering continuing education video programs on clinical and operational topics for nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the U.S. and Canada.
- Student Doctor Network: Guide to getting into medical and dental schools. Includes information, links and a message board.
- Studmed.com: A categorized link library of professional online information for medical students and medical professionals.
- TIPS: Tufts Interns Preparing Students. Guide For Future Dietetic Interns: Provides future dietetic interns with information and advice about the dietetic internship application process.
- The BookMarc: Services for medical students and for professionals, including discounted book services, discounted phone services, and discounted electronics. This site targets practitioners in the USA.
- The Harvard School of Public Health: Offers a part-time, non-residential Master of Science in healthcare management for physicians.
- The Virtual Autopsy: Autopsy cases, anatomy and physiology information and images from Leicester University.
- Timelit - Topics in Medical Education Database: A free international academic database describing topics in medical education.
- Virtual Hospital Teaching Files: Series of case studies developed using patients seen in the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics intensive care unit.
- World Federation for Medical Education: Global organisation concerned with the education and training of doctors. Based at the University of Copenhagen.
This category in other languages: