Search Home : Health : Medicine : Informatics : Associations
- American College of Medical Informatics (ACMI): A college of elected fellows within American Medical Informatics Association who have contributed significantly to medical informatics. It grew from the American Association for Medical Systems and Informatics (AAMSI) and the Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care (SCAMC) when the AMIA was formed in 1989.
- American Health Information Management Association: Includes membership information, history and bylaws. Details of FORE - Foundation of Research and Education the charitable affiliate organization of AHIMA.
- American Medical Informatics Association: US not-for-profit organization dedicated to the development and application of medical informatics in the support of patient care, teaching, research, and health care administration.
- Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems (AMDIS): Stated aim is to improve the practice of medicine and advance the field of Applied Medical Informatics. Links to 'The Informatics Review'. An on-line journal focusing on clinical computing and medical informatics.
- Australian College of Health Informatics: An Australian health informatics professional body. Newly established it intends to represent the interests of a broad range of clinical and non-clinical professionals working within health informatics.
- British Computer Society Health Informatics: Portal to a range of conferences and committee sites.
- British Medical Informatics Society: Society details including: mission statement and history, membership information, news of workshops and conferences, 'Health Informatics' Journal and 'Biomedical Informatics Today' Newsletter.
- College of Healthcare Information Management Executives: Serving the professional development needs of healthcare CIOs, and advocating the more effective use of information management within healthcare.
- ERCIM Working Group on Health and Information Technology: Workshop proceedings, reports and upcoming events contributed by members of this working `group` of the European Research Consortium Group for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM).
- European Federation for Medical Informatics (EFMI): Nonprofit organisation concerned with the theory and practice of information science and technology in European health.Each European country, as defined by the WHO Region, is represented in the Federation by a suitable Health Informatics Society.
- French Medical Informatics Association: Limited english information on history, members directory, meetings and instructions for authors. French language bylaws, details of Directors and AIM's publications.
- HINZ - Health Informatics New Zealand.: National not-for-profit organisation. Conferences and seminar details. Membership login provided.
- Health Infomatics,The Society for Information Technology Professionals: Special interest `group` within Australian Computer Society.
- Health Informatics Society of Australia Ltd: HISA was established in 1992 by representatives of health informatics groups operating within Australia. Site has many features including links, downloads and publications. Details the Health Informatics Conference (HIC) held in Australia.
- Healthcare Information and Management Society: US not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting a better understanding of health care information and management systems.
- Integrated Advanced Information Management Systems (IAIMS) Consortium: Voluntary organization of 35 member institutions focused on computing and communication technologies in the management of health information. Details of membership, grants, news, meetings and publications.
- International Medical Informatics Association: International not-for-profit organization promoting medical informatics in health care and biomedical research. Includes membership information, member societies, newsletter and events.
- Medical Records Institute (MRI): An international forum for sharing knowledge, experience, and solutions with healthcare practitioners,professionals in information system (IS) and health information management (HIM). Conducts the Toward an Electronic Patient Record (TEPR)annual conference on e-health and clinical IT issues. Publishes the Health IT Advisory Report.
- Medical Software Industry Association: Active in Australia since 1995 representing vendors and developers at the government level on initiatives such as Health Online, as well as a range of forums, working groups and committees. Members details, discussion, links, events are shown.
- Microsoft Healthcare Users Group: Useful site for wide range of health informatics issues.
- Microsoft Healthcare Users Group Europe: Forum for exchanging ideas, promoting learning and sharing solutions for information systems using Microsoft technologies, within the European healthcare industry. Includes membership, event and contact information.
- Primary Health Care Specialist Group of the British Computer Society: Concerned with all aspects of information technology affecting primary care.
- The Information Governance Education Recognition Portal (TIGER): United Kingdom organisation dedicated to best practice and presents the annual TIGER Award. Shows past award winners, partners, links, virtual demo, benefits and prices.
- The Public Health Informatics Institute, Georgia: Focuses on informatics collaboration with details of workshops, publications, readings, events, contacts and partnership details and links.
- VA Information Resource Center (VIReC): Databases and information systems that support research to evaluate the reliability and validity of data used in veterans health services research. Data requires logons.
- eHealth Institute: Variety of activities to enhance access to and quality of e-health resources.Details of Fourth Annual eHealth Developers' Summit in November 2003.