Search Home : Health : Medicine : Informatics : Telemedicine
- AFHCAN Telemedicine Project: The Alaska Federal Health Care Access Network is a federal telehealth initiative. Health care provided by military installations, Alaska Native health facilities, regional hospitals, small village clinics, and state of Alaska public health nursing stations.
- AMD Telemedicine, Inc - Telemedicine Products & Equipment: supplier of medical devices and related peripherals used in telemedicine.
- Aerotel Medical Systems (Israel): Designs and makes trans-telephonic devices for diagnsotic and management aspects of cardiac, diabetic and other chronic diseases.
- Apollo Telemedicine - Telepathology and Digital Imaging: Ddeveloped many concepts of modern telepathology and implemented and supports innovative telemedicine projects worldwide for the past 10 years.
- Arent Fox E-Health and Telemedicine: Information on state, federal and global issues that impact ehealth and telemedicine.
- CERMUSA - Center of Excellence for Remote and Medically Under-Served Areas: Promotes awareness of CERMUSA and the distance learning and telemedicine services it offers through the electronic community of the Internet.
- Center for Telemedicine/Telehealth: General description of telemedicine and of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center telemedicine system.
- Center of Excellence for Remote and Medically Under-Served Areas: The web page is designed and regularly updated to promote awareness of CERMUSA and the Distance Learning and Telemedicine services it offers through the electronic community of the Internet.
- Delivering Behavioral Telehealth via the Internet: eHealth: History, current status and future of eHealth, integration, behavioral eHealth, websites, hospitals and managed care organizations, traditional programs, informal online affiliations for professionals, legal and ethical concerns, legal remedies. Written by Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D.
- Directorate of Telemedicine at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center: Provides clinical telemedicine consultation support.
- Eastern Montana Telemedicine Network: Provides opportunity for specialty medical services to be offered to residents in all communities on the network.
- Euromed Networks AB: Creating a global medical network together with the medical profession where the patient receives the most effective and highest quality treatment while the administration maintains the lowest cost and time efficiency.
- Federal Telemedicine Update: Newsletter and information on ordering activities report on federal telemedicine activities.
- Galaxy: Telemedicine: Directory of telemedicine sites.
- Global Telehealth: Provides services associated with technology enabled, health related, education, support or clinical service delivery at a distance.
- HUMAN Project IST-2001-33483: Aims to provide telemedicine web-enabled decision support system between prisons and consultants. Special needs (including disabled and elderly persons) considered.
- Health Care and the FCC: Providing eligible rural health care providers with financial support for telecommunications services.
- Health Hero Network, Inc.: Health monitoring and management systems using the Health Buddy®, Health Buddy® and other devices.
- Health e-Technologies Initiative: National office of The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation supporting research which evaluates the effectiveness of interactive eHealth applications.(Internet, interactive TV and voice response systems, kiosks, personal digital assistants, CD-ROMs, DVDs)
- Home Health Care Services: Extranet provides, communication, collaboration, teaching, and management applications for participants in home health care. Members use telemedical webstations to access personalized catalogs, services, and information. Customizable components include clinical, financial, and operational services.
- Informatics for Diabetes Education and Telemedicine (IDEATel) project.: Grant from the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA)to bring health care to rural and inner-city residents with diabetes. Establishes a web-based computing and telecommunications networks in both urban and rural economically disadvantaged areas within New York State.
- Information for Tomorrow: Telehealth-focused research services and publications for the informed healthcare and business professional, specializing in home telehealthcare, the delivery of patient care services that are transmitted to the home.
- Interactive Videoconference Center Design Guide: Provides tips and recommendations to locations that are installing videoconferencing. Describes room design and equipment that will permit conferencing with other locations, customers and vendors. Intended to promote standardization and based on accepted industry standards and experience with the installation of existing centers.
- International Society for Telemedicine: Goal is to promote the development of telemedicine, telecare, and telehealth around the world. Acts as a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among all those interested in the telemedicine field.
- Interview with Liz Hopkins and Patty Luncent: Concerning the partnership of Lucent Technologies with Johns Hopkins Hospital in telemedicine.
- Legislative, Legal and Policy Issues in Telemedicine: The telemedicine legal section includes a database of literature citations specific to legal issues and barriers to telemedicine, plus links to important legal telemedicine sites.
- Lifecom: Online medical diagnosis management and prevention software, web-deployed managing patient data and medical knowledge in support of clinical decision making.
- Master of Medical Science Program: Graduate program for physician assistants and other allied health professionals offered via distance learning.
- MedSMS: SMS based information and alert system using a narrow band telemedicine service.
- MedWebPlus: Subject: Telemedicine:
- Medic4All: Telemedicine technology and services provider for insurance companies and HMOs.
- Millennium Specialist Systems: Software and systems supplier. News and product lists for systems using tele-referral in dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, cardiology, and A&E modules
- Missouri TeleRehabilitation Training Program: Joint effort to promote access to appropriate behavioral health care in rural communities.
- Mobile Extranet Based Integrated User Services (Moebius): Integrated mobile healthcare solutions and disease management bring together the following aspects of telemedicine via mobile telephony: Diagnostic tools, therapeutic algorithms, treatment strategies and nursing. EU IST research project. Presented by the University Hospital Basel.
- NLM National Telemedicine Initiative: Information concerning 19 multi-year telemedicine projects.
- Northern Sierra Rural Health Network: A non-profit corporation dedicated to the promotion of health and well-being of residents in Rural Northern California.
- Norwegian Centre for Telemedicine: A WHO collaborating centre. Undertakes research, development and advisory services in telemedicine, and promotes the use of telemedicine services. News and projects listed. English used.
- Office for the Advancement of Telehealth: Part of the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration. Dedicated to advancing the use of telehealth technologies to improve access to quality health care for the underserved.
- Project Outreach: Telepsychiatry network addressing the needs of under serviced regions of Ontario, Canada.
- RUS - Distance Learning and Telemedicine: Grant and Loan Program created to encourage, improve, and make affordable the use of telecommunications, computer networks and related technology for rural communities to improve access to educational and/or medical services.
- Remote Connections Ltd: Offers services in telemedicine and videoconferencing. List of products available online.
- Technology Opportunities Program: Highly-competitive, merit-based grant program. Formerly known as the Telecommunications and Information Infrastructure Assistance Program
- Telbotics: A robotic teleconferencing solution for hospitalized, homebound and special needs children called PEBBLES.
- Tele Medical Systems AG: TMS AG, Weesen, Switzerland is a telemedicine service company offering services in the areas of tele-cardiology, tele-pulmology, tele-diabetes.
- TeleInViVo: 3D ultrasound telemedical workstation to be used in isolated areas. European Commission Telematics Technologies Programme Project #HC4021 (English)
- Telehealth Issues for Nursing:
- Telehealth Professional Mail List: Forum for the discussion of telehealth services and technologies.
- Telehealth: Professional Newsletter Subscriptions: Free professional discussion lists offered by Pioneer Development Resources, Inc. Lists include E-health, Telehealth, TelehealthNews, Distance Learning, NetPsy, PsyFORUM, and PSYBUS.
- TelehealthNet: Provider of telehealth and eHealth information for organizations, associations, professionals, vendors and those they serve. Daily newsfeeds, `resource` database, articles and interviews with project developers. Also includes bibliographies, discussion list and newsletter, worldwide organization and meeting guide, psychological journals, chat room and discussion board.
- TelehealthNet Resource Links Data Base: Categories include: Application Service Providers, Articles, Audio Projects and Networks, Books, Consulting and Evaluation, Correctional Telemedicine, Education, Ethical Issues, Federal Agency and Government Programs (Including Funding), Glossaries, Hardware and Software, Health Education, HIPAA, Home Care, Internet Discussion, Legal Issues, Medical Records, Military Telemedicine, Organizations, Reports and Publications, Research, U.S. Government and Vendors
- Telemarque Telemedicine Software: solutions with case studies, product details and related information.
- Telemediana: An educational forum for medical professionals disemminating information via satellite.
- Telemedicine: Telemedicine projects at the University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Telemedicine - TIMTEM Project Telemedicine remote: All information about TimTem, Telemedicine remote programm between Italy and Tylos, greek little island. No update since Oct 2002.
- Telemedicine Consultant: Offers hospitals, towns and governments turnkey telemedicine solutions which include diacom, hl7, technology and equipment.
- Telemedicine Research Center: Non-profit public service research organization whose mission is to promote telemedicine research and create, manage and disseminate information. Includes products and services, resources, company information and a site help section.
- Telemedicine Resources: Listing of resources and services available on the World Wide Web.
- Telemedicine Theory: Theoretical discussion on telemedicine technology, future possibilities, health level 7, fuzzy logic, use of codes, use of smartcards in medical database management and cybersurgery.
- Telemedicine at Fletcher Allen Health Care: Health provider utilising telemedicine systems in care and education. Details the history of development, links, services, research, online resources and contact information.
- Telemedicine at the University of Virginia: Information about the Virginia Department of Corrections Telemedicine Project, the Commonwealth of Virginia Telemedicine Network, and the Southwest Virginia Alliance for Telemedicine. Includes diagrams of our networks and our diagnostic-quality telemedicine stethoscope system.
- Telemedicine.com: Multiple links site to a range of related telemedicine material including books, products, services, news and specialties.
- The Pacific e-Health Innovation Center: Located at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) in Honolulu, Hawaii. Established by the Department of Defense to carry out congressionally chartered e-Health Innovation Research and Development Prototyping Projects.
- Trestle's MedReach: Develops real-time distributed healthcare delivery across the enterprise. Provides a telemedicine primer and FAQ.
- UK Telemedicine Information Service - University of Portsmouth: An information `resource` on telemedicine activity in the UK. News, organisations and people (Beta site being developed at http://www.teis.port.ac.uk/)
- UTMB Center for Telehealth and Distance Education: From the University of Texas Medical Branch, provides leadership, planning, support and coordination for distance education and telehealth programs with a focus on strategic and policy issues.
- UTMB Teletraining Institute: Provides the means and environment for administrators, educators, executives, technologists, students and medical practitioners to investigate and learn the elements of telemedicine.
- United Telemedicine: Store and forward software. Currently used in dermatology, and burns specialities.