Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Cardiology
- CardioValens.com: Features information for doctors and patients including cases of interest, streaming video clips, clinical trial results and a newsletter.
- Cardiology: Presented and explained by Robert Matthews, MD. Includes definitions, flash animations and information about the author.
- Cardiology Home Page: A collection of resources including topics of interest, image and drug libraries and information about CME programs. By Dr. Michael Wan.
- Cardiology Magazine: Features online references and links to hospitals, publications, cardio-kids and teens, exercise tips for seniors and current news.
- Cardiology Rounds: Educational `resource` providing information and discussion on current scientific and clinical developments. Includes archive and search function.
- Cardiology.org: Details the research studies of a healthcare provider in Palo Alto, California. Features slide presentations, recent publications and diagnostic tools.
- CardiologyChannel: Physician developed and monitored online `resource` offering information on conditions and diseases, diagnostic tests, treatments and news.
- CyberHeart: Tutorials to review basic cardiac anatomy, physiology and clinical features of cardiac disease.
- Data Compression of Coronary Angiography Video Sequences: Offers goals and results of a project to determine efficient use of digital compression for storage of patient records online or for transmission between medical units. From the University of Birmingham, UK.
- Division of Cardiology: Offers information on research and clinical activities, fellowship programs and faculty staff. Part of Columbia University, New York.
- Family Practice Notebook: Cardiovascular Medicine: Comprehensive database of disorders as well as condition management and diagnosis and treatment options. Organized by chapter with related links.
- Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute: Northwestern University Medical School's research facility dedicated to the eradication of cardiovascular disease.
- General Practice Notebook - Cardiovascular medicine: Coverage of this medical speciality.
- Gripping Heart: Devoted to explaining the pumping and regulating functions of the heart.
- Heart Disease Guide at About.com: Heart Disease information `resource` with feature articles, net picks, chat and BB, and a free email newsletter. Updated fortnightly with fresh content.
- HeartLinx: Medical news for physicians practicing cardiology. Search the web for medical information. Share and discuss ideas with fellow specialists.
- HeartSite.Com: Provides information to patients who are being evaluated and treated for a heart-related complaint. All contents are reviewed by physicians to ensure accuracy.
- Heartline Cardiac Monitoring Services: Diagnostic service offered to physicians, by referral, for the investigation of patients with abnormal cardiac rhythm and function, where the elusive cardiac symptoms are difficult to detect. Requires Shockwave.
- InCirculation: Educational `resource` for healthcare professionals providing access to internationally focused cardiovascular information on the internet.
- Interactive Medical Education: An online and CD-ROM interactive case based learning package to teach and learn ECGs.
- International Union of Angiology: A scientific society for the advancement of research in angiology. Includes membership and conference information, board and corporate members and news. (English and French)
- Interuniversity Cardiology Institute of the Netherlands: Initiates, directs and executes joint cardiovascular research activities in cardiology centers in the Netherlands.
- Iowa CHAMPS: Outpatient Program: This booklet is created to help common people understand heart disease and help them make informed choices for adopting a "healthy" lifestyle.
- Jewish Hospital: The Heart and Lung Institute is a well recognized health care facility and pioneer of research for heart and lung diseases.
- Lifestyle Advantage from Highmark and Dr. Dean Ornish: Details about the program which uses nutrition, moderate aerobic exercise, stress management and `group` support to reverse heart disease. Includes program sites, retreats, medicare program, and contact details.
- Lillehei Heart Institute: Dedicated to innovations leading to treatment of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases through endowed interdisciplinary efforts-at the Univ. of Minnesota.
- MCW HealthLink: Heart Disease: Medical College of Wisconsin specialists offer the latest information on diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- MDchoice.com - ECG rounds: Seventeen cases with challenging ECGs to interpret.
- Medscape - Cardiology: Full-text cardiology articles and resources.
- Michigan CardioVascular Institute: Information about this regional medical center specializing in heart health.
- National Registry of CardioPulmonary Resuscitation: The 'goal is to provide a centralized, efficient, consistent means for collecting and analyzing data on in-hospital resuscitations'. Sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- North Suburban Cardiology Group, Ltd.: Patient information on heart disease, heart-healthy recipes, and the latest heart news.
- Ortivus AB: A medical-technology company for advanced information management in emergency medicine with emphasis on cardiac diagnosis.
- Pacemaker Implantation: Part of the "Cardiovascular Consultants Medical Group" website.
- Pacemaker Information for Patients and Physicians: Dr.W.Scheibelhofer, a Cardiologist, presents information concerning Cardiac Pacing, with links for Patients and Physicians.
- RiversideCardiology.com: Cardiology medical educational information site with discussion/message board, featured articles, patient of the month, discussion groups, and daily medical news.
- St. Jude Medical Symmetry Bypass System Aortic Connector: Details on the first sutureless anastomosis device for heart bypass surgery and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- TCTMD: A source of clinical and technical information and physician education in interventional cardiology and interventional vascular medicine.
- Takeheart Health Check: The quality assured method for providing authoritative written assessment and advice for the prevention of coronary heart disease.
- The HeartMDPhD.com Cardiology Information Portal: A comprehensive up-to-date `resource` for reliable cardiac information.
- The Swiss Cardiovascular Research and Training Network: SCRTN offers a graduate and postgraduate training program in Cardiovascular Biology as well as possibilities for scientific exchange with all participating Universities and Laboratories within the network.
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute: Undertaking research, prevention, rehabilitation, and educational programs, with staff and clinic details.
- Theheart.org: Disseminates information on treating and preventing cardiovascular disorders. Its audience consists of cardiologists, allied healthcare professionals and referring physicians.
- Total Artificial Heart - a new approach.: The implementation of the TAH has shown poor morbidity and mortality outcomes. The aberrant shape of the pulse form created by the TAH has never been blamed on these outcomes. The authors discuss the science behind the problem and offer a solution.
- USCardioVascular: A cardiovascular diagnostic facility development company specializing in the creation of cardiac catheterization laboratories.
- UW CVRTC: Cardiovascular Research and Training Center at the University of Washington in Seattle.
- University of Louisville - Cardiology: The Division of Cardiology at University of Louisville.
- University of Pennsylvania Hemochromatosis Clinic: Article on Hemochromatosis from the Medical Genetics Division, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Vascular Biology Working Group: The site offers literature reviews and access to online materials relevant to scientific research and clinical data from the field of vascular biology.
- Virtual Congress of Cardiology: Features archived information from annual meetings organized by Argentine Federation of Cardiology. Includes lectures, discussions and newsletters. [English, Spanish and Portuguese]
- World Heart Day: September 29, 2002 - a World Heart Federation initiative to increase awareness and prevention of cardiovascular diseases with special emphasis on physical activity.
- e-Cardiovascular.net: Offers information on the cardiovascular system and its normal function. Includes links to specific systems on vascular disease, venous system, varicose veins and atherosclerosis.
- eTeleCardiology: A free service that allows personal computers to act as cardiac review stations for diagnostic images as well as send them securely over the internet. Requires a software download.
This category in other languages: