Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Family Medicine
- Center for Evidence-Based Practice, SUNY Upstate Medical University: The Center promotes "turning research into practice." This site is a `resource` for health professionals interested in evidence-based medicine. Located in Syracuse, NY.
- European General Practice Research Workshop: An organisation of general practitioners and health professionals with an interest in research in general practice. Conducts research and organizes meetings and workshops.
- FP-X Millennium Generation WebCenter: Resources on Modern Family Practice and Modern Family Medicine.
- Family Medicine: Information on staying healthy from childhood to old age. Learn about vitamins, prevention, and ailments ranging from colds to cancer. From About.com.
- Family Physicians' Electronic Network: Created to facilitate communication among family physicians and other primary health care providers. Links to mailing lists and a selection of Internet training resources.
- FamilyMDLinx: News and information in family medicine from medical journals, targeted at physicians.
- FamilyPractice.com: Resources for family doctors. Includes educational modules, practice guidelines, decision tools and case discussions.
- Hanover Family Physicians: Family practice residency programs of the Department of Family Practice at the Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, based in a suburban practice site in the Metro Richmond area.
- Hardin MD - Family Medicine and Primary Care: From the University of Iowa, lists of Internet sources in family medicine, general practice and primary care.
- Just the Berries: A hospital in Nova Scotia, Canada provides research-based summaries of common clinical problems, with searchable archives and details of on-line courses.
- Main Street Doctor: An online family practice medical site. Features doctor network, medical forum and news and articles from the medical world.
- McLaren Family Practice Residents: Web page of the residents in the McLaren Health Care System.
- Midwest Center for Rural Health: Provides education for doctors entering the field in a rural area.
- Physician Office Manager: Online `resource` dedicated to the needs of physician offices and physician office managers/administrators.
- Primary Care Clinical Practice Guidelines: Guidelines, clinical reviews, cross-cultural health, teaching. Introduction to an evidence-based medicine approach to using guidelines for the primary care provider. Searchable listing of on-line guidelines grouped by clinical content.
- Primary Care Internet Guide: The Primary Care Internet Guide is a comprehensive listing of useful Internet sites for primary care.
- Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D.: A pioneer in the mind/body holistic health movement and teaches groundbreaking curricula to physicians at all levels of training nationwide. Includes details about Rachel and a speaking schedule.
- RuralNet: Marshall University School of Medicine's Online Rural Health Magazine, written and published by MUSOM students.
- The Neighborhood Doctor: Offers information and links on family medicine, pharmaceuticals and alternative therapies.
- Virtual Hospital's Family Practice Handbook, 3rd ed.: A handbook of Family Medicine and a clinical reference intended to survey all aspects of primary care medicine. Selected topics include emergency medicine, general surgery, psychiatry, AIDs and standard office procedures.
- WebBook of Modern Family Practice: Family Practice Residents and young physicians Online Study Guide.
- familydoctor.org: Health information for the whole family from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This category in other languages: