Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Geriatrics
- A Carer's Experience of Medical Neglect: This site describes my experiences of medical neglect of my elderly mother,troubles caused to me as a carer and lack of communication by the medical fraternity.
- Age and Ageing - Oxford Journals Online: An international journal includes original articles and commissioned reviews on geriatric medicine, gerontology, and psychological aspects of later life.
- Aging Concepts: Dedicated to seniorcitizens and their families, including referral information and resources on many subjects involved in growing older or caregiving.
- Aging Research Centre (ARC): Recent aging related articles.
- Aging and Mental Health: Information about aging and psychosocial and psychiatric treatment of the elderly.
- Americare Systems, Inc.: Provides elder care options from skilled nursing, to assisted living, to specialized Alzheimer's care. Serves the Midwest.
- Arizona Care Management: Arizona Care Management - Geriatric care for your close ones.
- Atlanta VA Center of Excellence in Geriatric Rehabilitation: About the Center and its mission to improve the function, independence, and quality of life of veterans aging with disabilities and those acquiring disabilities as they age.
- Council on Aging for Southeastern Vermont: Area Agency on Aging serving elders in Windsor/Windham Counties. Core Programs include: Information and Assistance,Nutrition,Advocacy for Independent Living,Case Management, Successful Aging and Caregiver Information and Support.
- Department of Gerontology: The department, of the Virginia Commonwealth University, offering an M.S. in Gerontology, as well as a postgraduate Certificate in Aging Studies. (Richmond, VA)
- Division of Geriatrics at The University of South Carolina: Information for the division of geriatrics at the University of South Carolina.
- Duke University Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development: Studying successful aging and applying the results of its research. Serves also as a training ground for future researchers, teachers, practitioners and planners. Links to their various research areas.
- Elder Care Advice (Caregiver Support and Online Counseling).: This site provides information about geriatric mental health care and offers online counseling and caregiver support.
- ElderHope - ElderHope Geriatric & End-of-Life Care: Support for the elderly,the dying,the grieving and caregivers.
- Family Practice Notebook: Geriatric Medicine: Comprehensive database of geriatric disorders.
- General Practice Notebook - Geriatric medicine: Coverage of this medical speciality.
- Geriatric Consultant Resources, LLC: Information on drug therapy and disease. Offers geriatrics and gerontology resources, including conditions and disease links.
- GeriatricWeb: Professional resources portal for geriatrics. Maintained by the Division of Geriatrics, Palmetto Health Richland and the University of South Carolina, School of Medicine Library.
- Geriatrics and Aging: A physician's guide to the key issues and current trends in geriatric medicine and research.
- Gerontology Programs at the University of Maryland, Baltimore: This site provides a comprehensive directory of research and education programs in Gerontology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore; a list of centers (UMCRA, GGEAR, GRECC, PEPPER), faculty and fellowships dedicated to research in aging, geriatics and gerontology.
- Geropsychology Central: Gerontology centers, Gerontology, assessment, psychology, geriatrics, neurology, dementia, Parkinson's disease and stroke resources.
- HealthandAge.com: For physicians and specialists. Medical news updates, research publications, interventions in older patients, upcoming conferences, bulletin board discussions and consensus reports.
- Institute on Aging, Temple University: Provides a range of education, service, information, dissemination, technical assistance and research.
- Institute on Aging, University of Wisconsin: The purpose of the Institute is 'to promote, through excellence in research, education, service and practice, the health and well-being of the rapidly expanding aging population in the State of Wisconsin, the local community, and society at large'.
- Medical College of Wisconsin Geriatrics & Gerontology: The Medical College of Wisconsin Division of Geriatrics & Gerontology web site includes information on education, residencies, fellowships, faculty, patient health, and consultations.
- Midwestern Geriatric Education Center: Established in 2001, MidGEC is dedicated to providing specialized education and training to faculty and health care providers in geriatrics and gerontology.
- Pepper Aging Research Center: University of Connecticut Health Center devoted to enhancing independence in older persons through research and education. Focus is on physiological aspects of aging.
- Prisma: Program of Research to Integrate the Services for the Maintenance of Autonomy
- Professional Senior Health Care Resources: A dual focus site collecting informative articles, presentations, events, jobs and grants, and other resources for general public and geriatric professionals.
- Quick Screening Test for Dementia: Entry page to a screening test for dementia from the Medical Care Corporation. Interact with the disclaimer and you can take the test for yourself or a loved one.
- Senior Law New Zealand: Senior Law provides legal advice for the aging.
- St. Anne Home Web Page: St. Anne Home is a ministry of the Felician Sisters of Pennsylvania dedicated to the continued healing mission of Jesus Christ by providing a continuum of care and support services for adults, their families, and their caregivers.
- Sticht Center on Aging and Rehabilitation - information on geriatrics, geriatric education, research: The Sticht Center on Aging and Rehabilitation at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center web site includes information on geriatrics, geriatric education, research, residencies, and fellowships, faculty, and caring for the aging and elderly.
- Study results of survival rates of older surgical patients: Results of nationwide study by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and published in the April 11, 2002, issue of The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM): "Nationwide Study Confirms that Older Patients Who Need Certain High-Risk Surgeries Fare Better in More Experienced Hospitals."
- UAMS Department of Geriatrics: Geriatric information and resources from the University of Arkansas for Medical Science.
This category in other languages: