Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Microbiology
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC): Nonprofit bioscience organization which is the main repository of cell lines in the United States. Offers information on established cell lines and may order cells.
- Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance (BSAC Working Party): Information about antimicrobial resistance surveillance programmes organised by BSAC (British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy) and links to related sites
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.: (APIC) is a multi-disciplinary, voluntary, international organization. Promotes wellness and prevents illness and infection world-wide by advancing health care epidemiology through education, collaboration, research, practice, and credentialing.
- Bacterial Toxins: Friends or Foes?: Overview of the biochemistry and mechanism of action of bacterial toxins from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Bacteriology 330: Host-Parasite Interactions: An extensive collection of information on the interactions between microbes and their hosts. List of lecture topics.
- CDC Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion: Issues in Healthcare Settings: Articles and statistics related to infectious diseases and hospitals and hospital personnel.
- Candida albicans Pseudomonas Helicobacter epidemiology: Molecular epidemiology, virulence factors, virulence genes of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Clinical Microbiology Software: Interpretation and Report of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test.: ASASI is assistant software to interpret and report antimicrobial susceptibility tests for clinical microbiology department and It is based on "rule-based expert system".
- Common Cold: This interesting and well presented site provides a comprehensive, updated and referenced source of information on the common cold.
- Department of Medical Microbiology of the University of Zurich: Information about the tasks of the Department, which include teaching, research, laboratory diagnosis of bacterial and fungal infections, and external quality control in medical microbiology for Switzerland.
- Family Practice Notebook: Infectious Disease: Comprehensive database of infectious disease.
- General Practice Notebook - Infectious disease: Coverage of this medical speciality.
- Genomics and Bacterial Pathogenesis: This review summarises the current methodologies used in genome analysis
- Global Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Network: GIDEON - Provides information, including disease, therapy and vaccine lists, support and demo of GIDEON. Medical software for the fields of infectious diseases and microbiology targeted at doctors and lab specialists.
- Infection Control: Recent literature abstracts on infection control updated every three months. From the Faculty of Medicine:UCL - Brussels, Belgium.
- Infectious disease information: Information about infectious disease in overview form, provided by Aventis.
- Know Your Enemy: Determining the Genetic Blueprint of Disease-Causing Microorganisms, NIAID Fact Sheet: A fact sheet from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) explaining, in simple terms, the objectives behind the finished and ongoing sequencing projects of pathogen genomes.
- Medical Microbiology: This site contains lecture notes for medical microbiology, infectious diseases, and immunology. Many files that may be helpful to students studying medical microbiology.
- Medical Microbiology Synopsis: Site provides an overview of medical microbiology for students of medicine. Typical and atypical microbial flora are listed per specimen source and characterized in flowchart diagrams that can be easily memorized.
- Microbiology at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada: This site contains data on antimicrobial resistance in Canada, the incidence of serious disease due to Streptococcus pneumoniae and `group` A streptococcus, sample clinical microbiology lab manuals, and microbiology and infectious diseases information for professionals and the public.
- Parasitic Diseases, 4th Edition: A medical reference textbook for clinicians dealing with travelers.
- Physiopathological role of microbial metallogeny: Metallic bioaccumulation of microbial origin, as pathogenic background in chronic diseases and malignancy. Fundamental research and therapeutic trials by isotherapy.
- Reservoirs of Antibiotic Resistance Network: ROAR - Alliance for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics: A network, interactive database and information source organized around antibiotic resistance.
- Reviews in Medical Microbiology: Journal of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Covering developments and techniques in medical microbiology, virology, mycology, parasitology, clinical microbiology, and hospital infection.
- The Specter of Tuberculosis: In recognition of the importance of TB in terms of global health the Nature Medicine web focus brings you a comprehensive and authoritative overview of the field with Commentaries written by experts in the TB field especially for the site, summaries of the latest research articles, and Nature Medicine papers.
- The United Kingdom National Culture collection: Over 70,000 micro-organisms and cell lines are available. The UKNCC co-ordinates the activities, marketing and research of the UK national service collections.
- Using DNA Microarrays to Study Host-Microbe Interactions: This article provides a detailed introduction to DNA microarray technology and their application to the identification of host-pathogen interactions and virulence factors.
This category in other languages: