Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Neurology : Journals
- Acta Neurologica Belgica: Published by Royal Association of Belgian Medical Scientific Societies. 4 issues a year.
- Acta Neurologica Scandinavica: An international forum for the dissemination of information advancing the science or practice of neurology and neurosurgery. It represents a high scientific quality of original clinical, diagnostic and experimental work in those fields.
- Acta Neuropathologica: Official journal of the Research Groups for Neuropathology, Comparative Neuropathology, and Neurooncology, and for the World Federation of Neurology. Publishes work on diseased and experimentally altered nervous tissue. Free access to abstracts.
- African Journal of Neurological Sciences: Published in french and english. Access to full text articles.
- Alzheimer Disease & Associated Disorders: Journal focuses on Alzhiemer Disease and related disorders. Published monthly. Full-text content, online-only content available upon subscription. Published by LWW.
- American Journal of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias: Bimonthly peer-reviewed journal indexed on Index Medicus/MEDLINE covering up-to-date information on caregiving, management and news affecting Alzheimer's patients and their families.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Other Motor Neuron Disorders: Official journal of the World Federation of Neurology Research Group on Motor Neuron Disease publishes clinical and experimental reasearch on motor neuron disorders. Published 4 times a year by Taylor & Francis Health Sciences.
- Annals of Neurology: Official journal of the American Neurological Association and the Child Neurology Society. Full-text content available upon subscription.
- Aphasiology: Journal concerned with all aspects of language impairment and related disorders resulting from brain damage. It provides a forum for the exchange of knowledge and the dissemination of current research and expertise in all aspects of aphasia and related topics, from all disciplinary perspectives.
- Archives of Neurology: Journal published by the American Medical Association. Published monthly.
- Archivos del Instituto de Neurologia: Free online version of the official journal of the Instituto de Neurologia Universidad de la Republica from Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Autonomic Neuroscience: Journal published by International Society for Autonomic Neuroscience (ISAN) for publication and dissemination of original investigations on the autonomic nervous system. Published by Elsevier since 2000.
- BMC Neurology: BioMedCentral Neurology publishes original research articles in all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of neurological disorders, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology. BMC Neurology is indexed by PubMed. Full text content available online for free.
- Brain: One of the eldest neurological journals. Leading studies in neurological science and practical clinical articles. Free access to editorials and abstracts.
- Brain & Development: Journal devoted to publishing review articles and papers in the field of Child Neurology and related sciences. Online issues available since 1999.
- Brain Aging: International journal published by "Ana Aslan" Academy of Aging attempts to explain in a clear and scientific language the latest news from all over the world related to brain aging. Fulltext contents available for free in *.pdf format.
- Brain Injury: Research journal of the International Brain Injury Association, covering all aspects of brain injury from basic science, neurological techniques and outcomes to rehabilitation and outcome.
- Brain Tumor Pathology: Official journal of the Japan Society of Brain Tumor Pathology published since 1983. It focuses on research and topical debate in all clinical and experimental fields relating to brain tumors.
- Brain and Cognition: Journal publishes original research articles, theoretical papers, critical reviews, case histories, historical articles, and scholarly notes relevant to all aspects of human neuropsychology other than language or communication.
- BrainLINC: Case-based continuing medical education journal focused on insights into the different courses of Multiple Sclerosis. Published by Elsevier. Full access to Abstracts. Free registration required.
- Cephalalgia: Journal of the International Headache Society provides an international forum for original research papers, review articles and short communications.Published monthly by Blackwell Publishing.
- Cerebrovascular diseases: International forum for scientific information on clinical data, diagnostic testing, and therapeutic issues, dealing with stroke and cerebrovascular diseases. Published 8 times a year.
- Child's Nervous System: Official journal of the International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN). Covers all aspects of the pediatric neurosciences.
- Clinical Autonomic Research: Official Journal of Official Journal of the American Autonomic Society, Clinical Autonomic Research Society, and European Federation of Autonomic Societies. Published bi-monthly.
- Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery: Papers and reports on the clinical aspects of neurology and neurosurgery. It is an international forum for papers of interest to Neurologists and Neurosurgeons world-wide. The journal complements the renowned Handbook of Clinical Neurology.
- Clinical Neurophysiology: Journal of research and other information on all aspects of the field, both normal and abnormal, including human physiology and pathophysiology of both the central and the peripheral nervous system, and applications of neuroimaging and other techniques.
- Clinical Neuroscience Research: Official journal of the Association for Research in Nervous and Mental Disease. The focus is on basic neuroscience and clinical investigations of cognition, mood, behavior and motor function of both normal and abnormal brain function.
- Continuum: CME journal published by the American Academy of Neurology. 6 issues per year. Subscribers get ACCME accredited self-study materials that reflect key clinical and scientific developments in neurology.
- Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports: Provides the views of experts on current advances in neurology and neuroscience and selections of the most important papers. Free access to abstracts; full text requires subscription.
- Current Opinion in Neurology: Website provides access to full-text content, online-only content, features and services, author submission materials and title-specific information. An LWWonline partner.
- Current Treatment Options in Neurology: Provides views of experts on current treatment options in neurology and selections annotated by experts of the most interesting papers from original publications. Free access to abstracts, full text only by subscription.
- Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders: Professional journal concentrating on cognitive problems caused by neurodegenerative disorders.
- Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology: Covers a wide range of clinical topics concerning the neurological diseases and disabilities of children.
- Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology: Official publication of British Paediatric Neurology Association is focusing on issues related to research and reviews in pediatric neurology.
- Epilepsia: Professional journal devoted to research on epilepsy. Published monthly on behalf of the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE).
- Epilepsy Currents: Official bi-monthly journal of the American Epilepsy Society.
- Epilepsy Research: Journal focuses on experimental and clinical epileptology. Principal emphasis of the research is concerned with brain mechanisms in epilepsy.
- European Journal of Neurology: Official journal of the European Federation of Neurological Societies. Published monthly by Blackwell Publishing.
- European Journal of Paediatric Neurology: The official journal of the European Paediatric Neurology Society, successor to the long-established European Federation of Child Neurology Societies. 6 issues per year plus supplements.
- European Neurology: Journal covers clinical aspects of diseases of the nervous system and muscles, as well as their neuropathological, biochemical, and electrophysiological basis. Published by Karger.
- European Spine Journal: The official publication of the Spine Society of Europe focuses on spine surgery and all related disciplines, including functional and surgical anatomy of the spine, diagnostic procedures, and neurology.
- Experimental Brain Research: Journal publishes original contributions related to experimental research of the central and peripheral nervous system. It was founded in 1966.
- Experimental Neurology: Publishes the results and conclusions of original research in neuroscience with a particular emphasis on novel findings in neural development, regeneration, plasticity, and transplantation.
- Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics: Reviews on the use of drugs in clinical neurology and neuropsychiatry.
- Functional Neurology: Provides a medium for the publication of scientific contributions dealing with all aspects of functional neurology. It focuses on the interaction of the nervous system with the environment. Includes author instructions, and subscription details.
- Headache Currents: Professional journal for recent advances in headache and facial pain published in association with the American Headache Society. Headache Currents: Journal information, contents and abstracts on the Blackwell Publishing website.
- Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain: Official journal of the American Headache Society publishing original articles on head and face pain, including clinical and basic research, diagnosis and management, epidemiology, genetics, and pathophysiology.
- Internet Journal of Neurology: Peer reviewed journal published and archived by Internet Scientific Publications LLC and recognized by The Library of Congress Catalog of Publications. Free access to full text articles.
- Journal Watch Neurology: Summaries and commentary from the most important studies published in general and neurological journals.
- Journal of Alzheimer's Disease: International multidisciplinary journal to facilitate progress in understanding the etiology and pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease and is dedicated to providing an open forum for original research that will expedite our fundamental understanding of Alzheimer's disease. Published by IOS Press.
- Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism: Website provides access to full-text content, online-only content, features and services, author submission materials and title-specific information. An LWWonline partner.
- Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology: Official journal of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.
- Journal of Clinical Neuroscience: The official journal of Neurosurgical Society of Australasia Australian Association of Neurologists.
- Journal of Headache and Pain: Journal covers all aspects of headache and pain, including theory, methodology, clinical practice and care.
- Journal of Integrative Neuroscience: Journal serves as a forum for a synthesis of the brain sciences through the auspices of theory and neurogenic or neurosurgical experimentation. Published quarterly by Imperial College Press.
- Journal of Molecular Neuroscience: The journal presents original papers on all aspects of macromolecular neuroscience research. It covers a broad range of subjects, from genomics to proteomics or genes to behaviors. Published by Humana Press.
- Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology: Official publication of The North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society.
- Journal of NeuroVirology: Official journal of The International Society for NeuroVirology provides a forum for researchers and clinician scientists involved in the study of neurovirology. Published bi-monthly by Taylor and Francis Group.
- Journal of Neurological Sciences: Official journal of the World Federation of Neurology focusing on clinical neurology and the basic sciences.
- Journal of Neurology: Official international journal of the European Neurological Society. It publishes original communications on clinical neurology and related basic research.
- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry: A journal in clinical neurological practice, published from Europe. Currently, the online version has some full text articles and all abstracts.
- Journal of Neurophysiology: American Physiological Society journal featuring printable PDF files and searchable archives from 1997.
- Journal of Neuroscience: Weekly official journal of the Society for Neuroscience.
- Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Medicine: Deals with management of stroke.
- Journal of Turkish Neurological Sciences: On-line peer-reviewed and quarterly published e-journal. Official publication of the Aegean Neurological Society. All abstracts (Adobe .pdf format) are in English. Full-texts are either in English or in Turkish. Free to access.
- Journal of the Neurological Sciences: Official Journal of the World Federation of Neurology provides the interface between clinical neurology and the basic sciences. Emphasis is placed on sound scientific developments which are or will soon become relevant to the clinician. Published by Elsevier.
- Lancet Neurology: Neurological version of Lancet started May 2002. Many papers available for free download.
- Movement Disorders: Official journal of the Movement Disorders Society.
- Muscle and Nerve: Journal for EMG related research. Registration required to access.
- Nervenarzt: German neurological journal; 12 issues per year. Abstracts available both in german and english. Online archive since 1997. Fulltext in pdf format available on subscription.
- Neura: Quarterly newsletter covering neurodegenerative research and clinical practice.
- Neuro-degenerative diseases: Professional publication focused on clinical and laboratory research in neurodegenerative disorders.
- NeuroImage: Focuses on publishing research on imaging and mapping strategies to study the brain's structure, function and the relationship between the two, from the whole brain to the tissue level. Abstracts available since the first issue, full-text articles require subscription.
- NeuroMolecular Medicine: Research articles and critical reviews on the molecular and biochemical basis of neurological disorders.
- NeuroReport: Access to tables of contents and abstracts, instructions for authors, related web links, subscription information. Subscription is required to access full-text content.
- NeuroRx: Official journal of the American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics (ASENT). Published quarterly since January 2004. Each issue provides critical reviews focused on a single important topic relating to the treatment of neurological disorders.
- Neurocase: Journal of both adult and child case studies in neuropsychology, neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurology. Published by Swets and Zeitlinger (6 issues per year).
- Neurogenetics: Journal publishes findings that contribute to a better understanding of the genetic basis of normal and abnormal function of the nervous system. Indexed in Current Contents and Index Medicus.
- Neurologic Clinics of North America: Journal provides comprehensive, clinical reviews of timely subjects, including diagnosis and therapy, new materials, and new equipment. Each issue contains invited reviews (usually 10-14 per issue) on a single topic in neurology and is presented under the direction of an experienced guest editor.
- Neurological Research: International peer-reviewed journal publishing original and fundamental studies as well as clinical research in areas of neurology, neurosurgery and neurosciences.
- Neurological Sciences: Continuation of The Italian Journal of Neurological Sciences. Covers contributions in both the basic and clinical aspects of the neurosciences, in English. Online archive since 1999.
- Neurologist, The: Website provides access to full-text content, online-only content, features and services, author submission materials and title-specific information. An LWWonline partner.
- Neurology: Official Journal of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN).
- Neurology India: Peer-reviewed biomedical periodical of Neurological Society of India. Free full text access to articles.
- Neuromuscular Disorders: Official Journal of the World Muscle Society, covers all aspects of neuromuscular disorders in childhood and adult life. Online archive covers all issues since 1997.
- Neuron: Neuroscience journal published by Cell press. Abstracts since 1988 available for free. Fulltext issues available for 1996-current issues.
- Neuropeptides: Original research and reviews dealing with the structure, distribution, actions and functions of peptides in the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Neuropsychiatry, Neuropsychology, and Behavioral Neurology: Official journal of the Behavioral Neurology Society. Each quarterly issue presents original research articles on basic brain processes, critical review articles, case reports, and brief reports on preliminary studies and pertinent clinical issues.
- Neuroradiology: Official Journal of the European Society of Neuroradiology. Organ of the Japanese Neuroradiological Society.
- Neuroscience BiblioAlerts: Customized scientific and technical information reports delivered immediately on a fee per paper basis.
- Parkinsonism and Related Disorders: Results of basic and clinical research contributing to the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of all neurodegenerative syndromes in which Parkinsonism, Essential Tremor or related movement disorders may be a feature. Useful for all neurologists specialising in Parkinson's Disease and other movement disorders.
- Pediatric Neurology: Journal publishes peer-reviewed clinical and research articles covering all aspects of the developing nervous system, the latest advances in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of pediatric neurologic disorders.
- Polish Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery: Official Journal of Polish Neurological Society. Access to the list of past issues starting from 1990, abstracts and selected full text supplements, published since 1997.
- Practical Neurology: Practical, up-to-the-minute digest of all the important developments in neurology. Published by Blackwell since 2001. Fulltext papers available on subscription.
- Reviews in Neurological Diseases: Journal covering review papers and conference reports. Published 4 times a year.
- Revista de Neurología: Spanish journal on clinical and experimental neurology. Spanish abstracts available. Full text available after subscription.
- Seizure: International forum for the publication of peer-reviewed papers on topics related to epilepsy.
- Seminars in Neurology: Quarterly review journal that publishes issues devoted to a broad range of pivotal topics in contemporary neurology, published by Thieme.
- Sinapse: Electronic journal of Portuguese Neurological Society. Open access to issues in pdf format.
- Sleep Medicine: Journal primarily focusing on the human aspects of sleep, integrating the various disciplines that are involved in sleep medicine. Published by Elsevier Science since 2000.
- Spine: Bi-weekly peer review journal of spine surgery. Access to contents, abstracts, author, and subscription information.
- Stroke: Journal on cerebrovascular diseases published by American Heart Association. Abstracts and sample issue available online. Full text available for subscription.
- Surgical Neurology: Journal provides comprehensive peer-reviewed coverage of the latest developments in neurosurgery. Audience includes neurosurgeons, neuroscientists and physicians specializing in medical imaging (especially CAT scanning).
- The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences: Official journal of the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences (CCNS).
- The Clinical Neuropsychologist: The Official Journal of The American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology. It is designed to provide a forum for presentations and discussions for practicing clinical neuropsychologists.
- World Neurology: Newsletter published by World Federation of Neurology in cooperation with Elsevier Science. Fulltext contents in *.pdf format available since October 1999 issue.