Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Nuclear Medicine
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology: Includes patient and professional information, CME calendar, newsletter, and position statements.
- Arab Nuclear Medicine and Bone Densimetry Center: Jordan Eye provides information about their nuclear medicine investigations, bone densitometry, and radioisotope therapy. (Zarka, Jordan)
- Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine: About their history, branches, as well as their meetings and publications. Membership forms online.
- British Nuclear Medicine Society: The journal, Nuclear Medicine Communications, is available here, as well as the society newsletter, awards and details about upcoming conferences.
- CNR Nuclear Medicine Center: Research institute of the Italian National Research Council, focusing on diagnostic imaging of the central nervous system.
- CareImaging: CareImaging is a medical imaging research company in Canada. Information about the use of PET in various cancers.
- Clinical Nuclear Medicine: Published monthly by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, the online archive starts from Jan 2001 and allows one to browse through abstracts of original articles for free. Full text of articles, images and current readings all require a subscription fee.
- DrSpectScan.com: J. Michael Uszler of UCLA, focusing on BrainSPECT imaging relating to pediatric age brain disorders.
- European Association of Nuclear Medicine: General information about the society, as well as its events and services.
- Hellenic Society of Nuclear Medicine: Based in Thessaloniki, Greece. Includes the Hellenic Journal of Nuclear Medicine.
- History of Positron Imaging: History of Positron Emission Tomography by Gordon L. Brownell from MIT/MGH, in a brief yet informative lecture.
- How Stuff Works: Nuclear Medicine: Layman's introduction describing how nuclear medicine works and its uses in imaging and treatment. Related links found at the end provide more detail.
- Imaginis - Nuclear medicine imaging: Provides a layman's introduction, explaining the indications, uses and how it works, and what to expect during the scan. Also introduces PET scans.
- Joint Program in Nuclear Medicine: Information on this program from Harvard Medical School.
- Nuclear Imaging Westmead: Nuclear Medicine services in Westmead, Autralia. Brief explanations of tests conducted included.
- Nuclear Medicine Communications: Monthly journal of the BNMS publishing research and clinical work in all areas of nuclear medicine. Submission guidelines and subscription details available.
- Nuclear Medicine Research Council: Provides a topical introduction, as well as its use in treating disease and the production and use of radioisotopes.
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Resource: Directory of references, terminology, pathology, methodology and teaching files.
- Nuclear Medicine and Positron Emission Tomography: Based in Melbourne, Australia, this site offers detailed information about the subject as well as PET scans. Referral procedures for professionals are also detailed here. Registration is optional but free.
- Nuclear Medicine on the Net: This site features case studies and interactive case forums amongst other physician information resources, and gives a brief history of the topic for the layperson. [Uses Frames]
- Nuke It: Current news, technology updates and editorials.
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) - a patient's guide: Easy-to-understand information for someone about to undergo a Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan, by the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site: Provides medically related training and assistance for response to radiation emergencies worldwide. Includes information on dose estimates, dosimetry techniques, and treatments for exposure.
- RadiologyInfo: Patient information about general, pediatric and cardiac nuclear medicine, as well as PET scans.
- San Diego Regional P.E.T. Center: Apart from information specific to their patients, this site also has general information for anyone undergoing a PET scan, and some case studies.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine: An international scientific and professional organization founded in 1954 to promote the science, technology and practical application of nuclear medicine.
- South African Society of Nuclear Medicine: Overview of the organization, its members, and a small casebook.
- Southwestern Chapter of the SNM: Southwestern Chapter of the Society of Nuclear Medicine in the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- University of Kansas - Nuclear Medicine: Details about their program and equipment, radiopharamaceutics, quality control, radioimmunoassay and PET. Large collection of clinical and research teaching files.
This category in other languages: