Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Oncology : Radiotherapy
- Accuray - CyberKnife® - Enabling full-body stereotactic radiosurgery using image-guided robotic: Accuray manufactures and sells the CyberKnife, a non-invasive frameless radiosurgical device that enables stereotactic radiosurgery anywhere in the body using image-guided robotics.
- Afab Technology & RT Tecnincal Services: New, Used, and refurbished radiotherapy systems, including linear accelerators, cobalt, simulators, superficial/orthovoltage and other goods and services for the radiation therapy department.
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO): Medical society site for members and non-members of American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology providing current and updated information relating to radiation oncology including news releases.
- Beampoint device for prostate localization: The Beamcath method enhances external beam placement during prostate cancer treatment, thereby lowering the risk of radiation complications in adjacent organs.
- Beatriz Amendola, MD PA: These South Florida clinics treat prostate, breast, pediatric, and brain cancers and Trigeminal Neuralgia with brachytherapy, Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife and MammorSite techniques. English and Spanish website.
- British Laser Charity of Surgical Equipment & Research: BLASER charity helps to develop and purchase new medical equipment for Cancer treatments. Urology, Gynaecology, Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, Fibroids, Prostate, Brachytherapy
- CPRS - Comprehensive Physics & Regulatory Services, LTD: CPRS (in Maryland) provides medical physics services to the radiation oncology community including: full and part time on-site physics; quality assurance, acceptance and commissioning services; physician peer review; online treatment planning and Brachytherapy.
- CancerAblation: CancerAblation.com is dedicated to the treatment of cancer by Radiofrequency Ablation.
- CancerLinksUSA.com - Radiation Therapy for Cancer: A starting point for cancer treatment information on the web, cancer journals and professional organizations. A physician guided website for cancer patients, families, and care givers.
- CyberKnife® Society Stereotactic Radiosurgery System: CyberKnife Society provides patient information and brings together professionals to foster the exchange of clinical radiosurgery information.
- Elaisee Liquid Ionization Chamber: The liquid ionization chamber is a probe for high accuracy measurements of the absorbed dose in radiation fields for radiotherapy and radiography, IV-brachytherapy radiosurgery and CT-scanner.
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, WI: This Neurosurgery clinic features brain surgery treatments using the Gamma Knife - which reportedly limits pain and uses no incisions or general anesthesia - and runs clinical trials to compare Gamma Knife results to conventional radiation treatments and to explore its effectiveness in treating malignant tumors.
- Gamma Knife Surgery in Michigan: Describes Gamma Knife stereotactic radiosurgery for brain tumors, arteriovenous malformations, acoustic neuroma and trigeminal neuralgia at MidMichigan Medical Center in Midland, Michigan. Includes information on clinical outcomes, lodging and transportation.
- Hyperthermia-based Oncology - Dr. Bogovic: Effects of hyperthermia on specific cancer therapies. Covers theory, holistic, alternative, biologic support for cancer treatment, consultations, news, multidrug resistance (MDR), and chemotherapy modifications.
- IV Symposium on Medical Physics 2003 - Ustron Poland: November 13-15, 2003. Bioelektromagnetism, Biomedical Optics, Biophysical and Biochemical Measurement. Educational Aspects in Medical Physics, Medical Imaging and Computing, Medical Engineering, Physical Therapy, Radioprotection and Radiotherapy.
- John Gwozdz, M.D., radiation oncologist: Information on the treatment of cancer with radiation, how to choose a radiation oncologist, and frequently asked questions about radiation therapy.
- Johns Hopkins Brain Tumor Radiosurgery: Comprehensive overview of radiosurgery and external beam therapy on brain tumors including ranges of treatments for each tumor type, research results, information for patients and families, and a large glossary.
- Johns Hopkins University: The department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of cancer treatment through radiation therapy, research and technology and strives to provide the best in patient care and excellence in education.
- Medical Image Display and Analysis (MIDAG): This team at the University of North Carolina researches the uses of medical images in everything from virtual biopsies to radiotherapy to brain surgery.
- Molecular Radiation Biology Lab University Clinic Freiburg: Offers research meetings and projects, publications, journals, links and contact details.
- NYU Radiation Oncology: Information on the department at New York University.
- Netherlands - Institute Radiotherapy: This site describes the research done in the Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center in Rotterdam. Some research projects are described. Parts of the annual report are published here. [English]
- Prostate Seed Institute - Brachytherapy: Prostate Seed Institute is a Dallas-based oncology practice run by Dr. Gregory Echt specializing in the treatment of prostate cancer through prostate seed radiation therapy called brachytherapy.
- Radiation Medical Group, Inc.: Information about radiation therapy for cancer patients in San Diego, California.
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group: The NCI-funded RTOG runs nationwide cancer treatment studies that allows results from multiple clinics to be collected en masse.
- Radiation Therapy and What You Need to Know: Get the right information you need to make your treatment easier. Get answers to common questions and concerns that make a positve treatment difference.
- RadiologyInfo - Radiation Therapy: Easy to understand information about radiation therapy, treatment options, what happens during therapy, possible side effects and more from the Radiological Society of North America and the American College of Radiology.
- Radiosurgery Information: Including proton beam, gamma knife and fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Radiotherapy Institute: Provides Radiotherapy information, clinical trials and reviews to medical professionals. Subscription required.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery Clinical Program in Australia: Our program has been responsible for the treatment of more patients than any other in Australia, and the development of more advanced techniques.
- University Medical Center in Utrecht, Netherlands: Information for patients and health care professionals [in Dutch], as well as research information with an emphasis on hyperthermia research [in English].
- University of Florida Radiation Oncology: For people with cancer, their friends, families, and physicians: Information about a specialty treatment center, qualifications of physicians, and results of treatment.
- University of North Carolina Radiation Oncology: This tertiary care clinic is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The site lists staff, resources for cancer patients and their families, clinical treatments, education and training opportunities, research, clinical trials, seminars and events. The clinic is associated with UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Department of Radiation Oncology: Vanderbilt researches basic and medical physics science, develops clinical techniques, interacts with industry and develops new radiotherapy facilities throughout the Nashville, Tennesee region.