Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Ophthalmology : Research
- Amblyopia Treatment Study: A clinical trial funded by the National Eye Institute to determine the best treatment for moderate amblyopia (lazy eye) in children.
- Applied Vision Research Unit: Applied visual search, perceptual and cognitive evaluation of medical imaging, and transport psychology.
- Association of Vision Science Librarians - Eye Care Statistics: AVSL's Various Eye Care Statistics.
- BVI-Groups: A comprehensive, screen-reader accessible website, listing discussion groups for the deafblind, blind, and visually impaired community.
- Berkowitz Lab: MRI of retinal oxygenation and angiogenesis in diabetic retinopathy, retinopathy of prematurity, and other retinopathies.
- Borish Center for Ophthalmic Research: Conduct cutting edge clinical and applied research. Adopt a multidisciplinary approach to the study of visual/ocular disorders and visual performance.
- Collaborative Longitudinal Evaluation of Keratoconus Study: The CLEK Study's purpose is to prospectively characterize vision, corneal changes, and patient quality of life findings in keratoconus and to determine the progression of changes occurring with keratoconus over time.
- Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study: A multicenter randomized trial sponsored by The National Eye Institute and The National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health.
- Computational Vision Research, University of Pennsylvania: Novel approaches to vision research including new collaborative research made possible through the availability of NEI-funded optical/electronic instrumentation, computing, molecular biology, and scientific illustration facilities.
- Corneal Topography World Research Center: For ophthalmic or vision scientists who are curious about the shape of the cornea and its effect on visual performance by Michael K. Smolek.
- Experimental Eye Research: Research papers on all aspects of the of the eye.
- Eye Radiation and Environmental Research Laboratory: The laboratory of Basil, Worgul, Ph.D., located at Columbia University, studies the effects of exogenous physical and chemical mutagens on the visual system.
- Eye Research Network: Eye disease and research information, maintained by research scientist Kenneth P. Mitton, PhD.
- Foundation Fighting Blindness: Funds research at over 50 institutions in the US and the world in the area of degenerative retinal diseases.
- Fundus Photograph Reading Center: Research protocols in diabetic retinopathy, AIDS, hypertension and age-related macular degeneration, with standard photographs and ophthalmology related links.
- Jan Worst Research Group: Located in the Netherlands. A research `group` which deals with ophthalmic surgical applications of simplified tools and surgical techniques.
- Lasers in Ophthalmology II: Abstracts from experiments with laser ophthalmology studies/surgeries.
- Lens GDDB: The human lens genetic disease database. Database of known genetic diseases in humans that affect the lens of the eye, generally causing inherited cataracts.
- National Eye Institute - Clinical Studies: Links people to clinical trials. Answers questions about the kinds of clinical trials, and why and how people might participate.
- Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS): Designed to determine if using eyedrop medicines to lower eye pressure prevents or delays glaucoma in people with high eye pressure.
- Ocular Nutrition Research: Summaries of the latest nutritional research on preventing and treating eye diseases. Fully categorized and documented.
- Processes in Animal Vision: A comprehensive theory and description of the visual process and the operation of the neurons of the neural system. Research discovered the Activa and Rhodonine.
- RetNet - Retinal Information Network: Provides tables of genes causing inherited retinal diseases, such as retinitis pigmentosa, macular degeneration and Usher syndrome, and related information.
- Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy:: Information on how to screen, What they might find, and what should be done if it is found. Also a listing of all their research attempts and findings.
- The Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study: Offers general and patient information about the study and what it is trying to discover.
- The Discovery Fund For Eye Research: Promotes eye research translating results into patient care. Research scientists specialize in areas of interest such as research for diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, ocular herpes and keratoconus.
- The Experimental Ophthalmology Unit: Research and teaching centre for the control and treatment of eye disorders and our interests include ARMD, corneal scarring, diabetes, ectodermal dysplasia, genetics, glaucoma, melanoma and PVR.
- The Eye Site: Resource for summaries of research on possible nutritional relationships to eye diseases.
- The Retinal Implant Project: Information and resources about the project.
- The Rickman Lab: Dennis W. Rickman, Ph.D., Assistant Research Professor provides information on studying the use of stem cell therapies to treat various retinal degenerative diseases of the eye.
- The Vision Research Coordinating Center: Oversees a number of research efforts, including two large-scale multi-center clinical trials sponsored by the National Eye Institute. Located at Washington University in St Louis.
- Transpupillary Thermotherapy (TTT) and Transscleral Thermotherapy (TSTT): Research information on laser treatments for intra-ocular tumors, such as choroidal melanoma, retinoblastoma, and hemangioma.
- Yale Vision Research: Come visit our individual laboratories, meet our researchers and learn about the various opportunities we offer - from seminars, to research positions, to furthering your education.