Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Palliative Care
- Americans for Better Care for the Dying: Seeks to achieve substantive health care reform through improved policy, professional practice, and care reimbursement.
- Before I Die: The online component to the PBS program " Before I Die: Medical Care and Personal Choices". The program explores the medical, ethical, and social issues surrounding end-of-life care in America today.
- Center to Advance Palliative Care: Promotes wider access to palliative care in hospitals and health systems throughout the United States.
- Centre for Bioethics - Journal of Palliative Care: A Canadian-based, peer-reviewed, international and interdisciplinary forum for practical, critical thought on palliative care and palliative medicine.
- Cochrane Pain, Palliative Care and Supportive Care Group: Information on this research review group, a member of the international Cochrane Collaboration, dedicated to providing systematic reviews of published evidence in the field of palliative care.
- Dying Well: The president of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Dr. Ira Byock, provides excerpts from his book about resources for patients and families facing life-limiting illness.
- End of Life Physician Education Resource Center (EPERC): Training material and informational repository for physicians who educate about end of life (EOL) issues.
- End-of-Life Care Eases Pain and Prepares Patient for Death: Article on palliative care.
- European Journal of Palliative Care: Archived articles for medical professionals and noticeboard.
- General Practice Notebook - Palliative care: Coverage of this medical speciality.
- HELP: Helpful Essential Links to Palliative Care: A program undertaken by the University of Dundee to deal with pain, communication issues, distressing symptoms and care in the context of palliative care.
- HMS Center for Palliative Care: Programs offered at Harvard Medical School for healthcare professionals. Located in Boston, Mass.
- Innovations in End-of-Life Care: This on-line journal features peer-reviewed examples of promising practices in end-of-life care.
- Jenkin and McLeod: Information about this Australian based team of consultants which design training packages for medical professionals and facilities who require a palliative care model.
- LMI - Progress in Palliative Care: A journal with an international perspective that provides a forum for rapid interchange of information on all aspects of palliative care.
- Living Lessons(TM): A national initiative to increase awareness of hospice palliative care and services in Canada. The campaign is presented in partnership with the Canadian Palliative Care Association and The Glaxo Wellcome Foundation.
- M. D. Anderson Cancer Center - Symptom Control and Palliative Care: A `resource` for clinical information, education, research and academic training in palliative care.
- Pain and Palliative Care Reporter: A public `resource` of general information on the legal aspects of pain management and end-of-life care in the United States.
- Palliative Care: Patient resources, forums, a newsletter and professional resources are offered.
- Palliative Care Corner: A forum to introduce both common and new palliative management strategies for physical symptoms.
- Palliative Care for Children: American Academy of Pediatrics policy statement offers advice on the development of a pediatric palliative care plan.
- Palliative Drugs: Provides independent information for health professionals about drugs usage in this specialty.
- Physicians for Life: Palliative Care Bulletin Board: News and quotes about palliative care.
- Pioneer Programs in Palliative Care: Nine Case Studies: In this report clinicians at nine hospitals describe the establishment of formal programs of palliative care.
- Promoting Excellence in End-of-Life Care: US organization dedicated to improving healthcare for dying persons and their families through demonstration projects addressing particular challenges to existing models of hospice and palliative care.
- Saint Joseph's Hospital - PalliativeProgram: Information about palliative care and this multidisciplinary team of palliative care providers.
- StopPain.org: Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care: Offers information, resources on pain management, palliative care and ethical/legal issues.
- Sue Ryder Care: UK palliative care charity with seven hospices, which provide pain control, respite care and day care for people with serious and terminal conditions.
- Supportive Care of the Dying: A Coalition for Compassionate Care: Tools, resources, and a quarterly newsletter for health care professionals providing end-of-life care.
- THe EPEC Project (Education on Palliative and End-of-life-Care): Offers continuing medical education conferences, distance learning, educational materials and consulting.
- Texas Academy of Palliative Medicine: Developed for palliative care physicians in Texas, containing details of meetings and useful online resources.
- The Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care: A center located at Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital answers questions about palliative care.
- VA Faculty Leader Project: The development of a benchmark curricula for end-of-life and palliative care for training resident physicians from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
This category in other languages: