Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Pediatrics : Journals
- AAP Grand Rounds: Scans more than 75 journals for the most recent advances in pediatrics, summarizes them with expert commentary. Offers extensive coverage, relevant commentary and critique, and current insights.
- Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica: Official Publication of the Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, this is an International Journal of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Pain and Emergency Medicine. Publishes papers on original work in anaesthesiology, intensive care and subjects related to their basic sciences. Tables of contents freely available. Subscription required for online access.
- Acta Paediatrica: Covers both clinical and experimental research in all fields of paediatrics including developmental physiology. Review articles, original articles, short communications, therapeutic notes and case reports.
- Advances in Pediatrics: Annual publication about developments and discoveries. Includes subscription facility.
- Ambulatory Pediatrics: Official peer-reviewed publication of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association, with a focus on the research and educational base of academic general pediatrics. Published bi-monthly, free to members.
- Annals of Tropical Paediatrics: Publishes research in paediatrics and child health in the tropics and sub-tropics. Peer-reviewed papers cover diseases in childhood, and the social, cultural and geographical settings in which they occur.
- Archives de Pediatrie: Published under the auspices of the Société Française de Pédiatrie. Articles in French, abstracts in French and English.
- Archives of Disease in Childhood: An international journal covering child health and disease from the perinatal period to adolescence. Includes peer reviewed material, original papers, editorials and commissioned articles.
- Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine: Peer-reviewed journal for physicians and other professionals. Publishes original studies, editorials, practice commentaries, and updates on clinical science and practice management.
- Biology of the Neonate: Original papers present laboratory findings on the physiological and biochemical changes in the last weeks of pregnancy and immediately following birth.
- Child Development: Covers topics in child development from the fetal period through adolescence. Published by Society for Research in Child Development.
- Child's Nervous System: Encompassing all aspects of the pediatric neurosciences. Subscription details and free electronic sample.
- Child: Care, Health and Development: International, peer-reviewed publication dealing with all aspects of the health and development of children and young people. Published bi-monthly.
- Clinical Dysmorphology: Peer-reviewed articles and case reports on the etiology, clinical delineation, genetic mapping, and molecular embryology of birth defects.
- Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Published four times a year, with each issue focussing on a single common condition. Includes subscription facility.
- Clinical Pediatrics: Articles, reports, and reviews about pediatric practice, clinical research, behavioral and educational problems, and community health issues.
- Clinics in Developmental Medicine: Quarterly hardcover monographs which cover a wide range of conditions affecting child development. Each thematic volume covers theoretical and clinical aspects of a specific childhood condition or disorder.
- Contemporary Pediatrics: Providing continuing education on the prevention, diagnosis, and management of illness and behavior problems in infants, children, and adolescents. Free to practitioners in the field.
- Core Journals in Pediatrics: Monthly collection of abstracts from major clinical publications, with subscription information and sample copy.
- Current Opinion in Pediatrics: Review articles, expert commentary and opinion about papers published in pediatrics, along with comprehensive references and bibliographies.
- Current Paediatrics: Provides a collection of educational reviews on all aspects of hospital/community paediatrics and neonatology. Contains updates on delivery of care, investigations and innovations, and technical procedures.
- Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care: Articles address a selected clinical topic, including pathophysiology, diagnosis, surgical management, drug therapy, family factors, and developmental issues.
- European Journal of Pediatrics: Official Organ of the Belgian Pediatric Association. Incorporates Acta Paediatrica Belgica, Helvetica Paediatrica Acta and Acta Paediatrica Hungarica. Covers all areas of pediatric medicine. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available. Subscription required for full text access.
- Hong Kong Journal of Paediatrics: Official publication of the College of Paediatricians and the Paediatric Society, with original research papers, review articles, case reports and editorials. Quarterly issues are free to members.
- Human Development: Conceptual articles, commentaries, and essay book reviews to promote understanding of developmental phenomena.
- Indian Journal of Pediatrics: A monthly publication published from the Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute Of Medical Sciences. Includes subscription details and free access to archives.
- Indian Pediatrics: Journal of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics. Free full text available.
- Infant Behavior and Development: Publishes empirical (fundamental and clinical), theoretical, methodological and review papers.
- Infants & Young Children: Devoted to clinical management of infants and young children with, or at risk for, developmental disabilities. Provides current applications of educational, therapeutic, diagnostic, and family support concepts to practice settings.
- Injury Prevention: Official journal of the International Society for Child and Adolescent Injury Prevention. Focuses on the prevention of injuries in all age groups, including all types of unintentional injuries, including occupational, as well as violence. Free full text online.
- International Journal of Pediatric Dentistry: Official Journal of the British Society of Paediatric Dentistry and the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry. Publishes papers on all aspects of paediatric dentistry: preventive, restorative and orthodontic treatment for children, behavioural management, and aspects of community dentistry related to children. Tables of contents freely available.
- International Pediatrics: Published by the Miami Childrens's hospital. Focuses on clinical content which presents case-specific analyses of therapy, diagnosis, or other patient management issues, and review articles of important pediatric topics.
- Internet Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatology: A free peer-reviewed publication, with editor details and archives.
- Journal Watch Pediatrics: Summaries and expert commentary from the most important studies from the top general and specialty medical journals to put research into perspective for practicing clinicians.
- Journal of Adolescence: Addresses issues of professional and academic importance concerning development between puberty and the attainment of adult status within society.
- Journal of Adolescent Health: A multidisciplinary publication devoted to health care problems particular to this age group. Free to members of the Society for Adolescent Medicine.
- Journal of Cystic Fibrosis: Official bimonthly publication of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society, devoted to promoting the research and treatment of this disease. Free abstracts available.
- Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics: Official journal of the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Covers developmental and psychosocial aspects of pediatric health care. Contains reports, commentary, original articles and reviews. Relevant areas include learning disorders, developmental disabilities, and emotional, behavioral, and psychosomatic problems.
- Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities: Presents research and clinical reports from services for multihandicapped individuals, with case studies detailing findings from many professional fields. Includes contents, author instructions and archived issues.
- Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health: Original research articles, case reports and letters to the editor, with invited reviews, annotations, editorial comments and manuscripts of educational interest.
- Journal of Pediatric Health Care: Official journal of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners. Includes information on clinical topics, health policies, and legislative issues applicable to pediatric clinical practice. Offers original, peer-reviewed articles and regular editorial sections stressing new approaches to the management of problems facing newborn, pediatric, and adolescent patients.
- Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics: Publication of the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society and the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. Focuses specifically on traumatic injuries, covering the nature of injury, the effects of new drug therapies, recommendations for more effective surgical approaches, and the latest laboratory findings.
- Journal of Pediatrics: Topics include preventive health care, treatment of childhood diseases and emergency care. A practical guide for the continuing education of physicians who diagnose and treat disorders in infants and children. Original, peer-reviewed articles oriented toward clinical practice.
- Journal of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine: A journal of current diagnosis and treatment in pediatrics. Registration required to view online.
- Journal of Tropical Pediatrics: Review articles, book reviews, short monographs, and selections of relevant conference papers. Provides a link between theory and practice in the field, reporting key results of clinical and community research, and considerations of programme development.
- Neoreviews: A web-based collection from the American Academy of Pediatrics includes reviews, case discussions, and further education activities.
- Nigerian Journal of Pediatrics: Published quarterly, promoting the practice and study of child health in this country. Features lists of contents for past issues, and subscription details.
- Paediatric Respiratory Reviews: Articles relevant to the continuing medical and professional development of paediatricians specialising in the diagnosis, treatment and management of respiratory disease.
- Paediatrics & Child Health: Published by the Canadian Paediatric Society, with current articles, table of contents and past issues.
- Pediatric Annals: Each issue provides a review of a single topic in pediatrics, chosen by an editorial board composed of leading pediatricians in the United States.
- Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology: Examines the developmental implications of the morphological, physiological, pharmacological, and sociological components of these problems.
- Pediatric Bulletin: Free bi-monthly reviews of current trends, with index and author profile.
- Pediatric Case Reviews: Cost-effective, evidence-based diagnostic and management information for healthcare professionals.
- Pediatric Clinical Updates from Riverpress: Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care and Pediatric Primary Care. Two publications helping pediatric practitioners stay current on pediatric health issues.
- Pediatric Clinics of North America: Provides the latest clinical information on health issues for children and adolescents. Each issue focuses on a single topic. Up to 90 CME credits available per year.
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine: Scientific, peer-reviewed publication that focuses exclusively on pediatric critical care medicine and critical care neonatology.
- Pediatric Drugs: Peer reviewed publication from Adis International to explain the therapeutic use and clinical pharmacology of drugs in infants, children and adolescents.
- Pediatric Emergency Care: Presents practical information for emergency physicians, pediatricians, and allied health professionals who provide care for acutely ill or injured children and adolescents. Topics include pediatric airway management, acute trauma, sharp object ingestion, and toxicology.
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal: Original studies, reviews, and case reports on all aspects of infectious diseases in children that have relevance to clinical practice. Features review articles and original studies on viral and bacterial illness in children of interest to pediatricians, pediatric residents and fellows, and pediatric nurses.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy: Peer-reviewed articles address developmental, orthopedic and respiratory concerns, as well as reports on current research.
- Pediatric Research: Publishes original papers on research into the diseases, disorders and development of children, extending from molecular biology to epidemiology.
- Pediatric and Developmental Pathology: Peer-reviewed studies into the pathophysiology of the developing human embryo, fetus, and child.
- Pediatrics: Electronic journals of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Subscription required to access full text. Pediatrics in Review quizzes can be done on-line for CME credit.
- Pediatrics International: Official English journal of the Japan Pediatric Society. Publishes articles in pediatrics and child health delivery relevant to those involved in the research, practice and delivery of child health.
- Pediatrics and Pediatric Surgery: Covers all aspects of development and organic disease in neonates, children and adolescents, including surgery.
- Pediatrics in Review: Published by the American Academy of Pediatrics, with specialist comments, drug updates and diagnostic test cases.