Search Home : Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties : Sports Medicine
- 1ST International Football/ Soccer Medicine Congress, Munich (Germany): The IFOMEC program committee has developed a football medicine specific program with scientific paper sessions and hands-on courses. Program information and online-registration.
- About.com Sports Medicine: A listing of articles and reference material about sports medicine, performance enhancement, injury prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Allsport Medical: Provides first aid, rehabilitation, injury prevention, fitness and training products to sports professionals, leisure organisations and sports therapists.
- American Association of Professional Ringside Physicians: An organization dedicated to the health and safety of the professional and amateur boxer.
- American College of Sports Medicine: Promotes and integrates scientific research, education, and practical applications of sports medicine and exercise science to maintain and enhance physical performance, fitness, health, and quality of life.
- E-SportMed.com: Sports medicine digest, databases on sport injuries, rehabilitation, and supplements, an e-journal and updates on sports medicine research and applications.
- Health Link MCW: An article discussing stress fractures (like shin splints) occurring more often in female athletes than male athletes.
- HealthLink MCW: An article. Consider use when selecting athletic shoes.
- Hockey Injuries: Offers sports medicine information on hockey injury management and prevention as well as equipment evaluation, nutrition and research.
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome: ITBS is a common running and cycling injury around the knee.
- Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: Journal contents, abstracts and author instructions. Searchable. [Subscription required for full-text]
- NCAA Health and Safety: Official site containing educational information, Sports Medicine Handbook, Emergency Plan Template, drug testing and injury surveillance resources.
- Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma: Research and clinical center providing education on exercise programs, musculoskeletal physical exam, sports training advice, nutrition, heart disease and physical therapy.
- PhysioRoom.com - Premier League Sports Injury Centre: Jargon-explained A-Z of sports injuries, with an English football Premiership focus. Includes news, interviews and professional diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation practices, for common injuries.
- Richard Stockton College Athletic Training: Athletic training and sports medicine information from Stockton College in Pomona NJ.
- SportMedBC - Sport Medicine Council of British Columbia: Promotes and coordinates sport medicine and sport science programs in British Columbia.
- Sports Injuries Online: Offers professional, up-to-date medical and therapeutic education on a variety of orthopedic and sports related injuries.
- Sports Injuries in Australia: Contains information on injuries in professional sports, such as the Australian Football League and Australian Cricket.
- Sports Medicine: About.com's link page of sports medicine.
- Sports Medicine Digest: Provides clinical coverage of sports medicine literature and brief reports and reviews other publications in the field.
- Sports Medicine Institute: A center for orthopaedic research and clinical care, providing treatment for fractures, sprains, joint pain and other knee and shoulder injuries. A unit of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota.
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review: Focuses on important developments in the field of sports medicine and arthroscopy.
- Sportsmed Philippines: Sports Medicine `resource` with free original articles, e-mail consult, news and links.
- Sportsmedicine.com: Offers information on education, organizations, and topics about sports medicine. Plus a chat room, mail list, and message board to connect people interested in sports medicine.
- Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists: Information for the public about sports related injuries and information about other related types of orthopedic injuries. Includes details about this New York based clinic.
- Tennis Elbow: Tips, prevention and anatomy of tennis elbow.
- Tennis Elbow: Easy to understand information from Medinfo for patients on tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis).
- The Healthy Competition Foundation: Promoting and supporting drug-free sport at all levels.
- The Physician and Sportsmedicine Online: Find articles on exercise, nutrition, injury prevention, personal fitness, and rehabilitation written for the active individual.
- Treatment Guide: Knee problems can have many causes and they can affect different parts of the knee. Learn how to recognize, prevent and treat common problems.
- University Sports Medicine: This facility, part of the State University of New York at Buffalo, serves western New York. Information on the offered comprehensive treatments for a wide range of sports related conditions and injuries.
- University of Connecticut Sports Medicine: Orthopaedic physicians provide patient education on sports medicine related issues, orthopaedic operations, and nonoperative treatment for injuries.
- University of North Florida Student Athletic Trainers' Association: UNF's Student Athletic Trainers' Association webpage with educational material, program information, and links to other relevant sites.
- University of Wisconsin Health Sports Medicine Center: Information about sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers, exercise physiologists and physical therapists as well as educational programs and exercise classes for athletes.
- Virtual Sports Injury Clinic: Offers a virtual diagnosis and self help advice on injuries. Includes a find a clinic, a forum and a page addressed to professionals.
- Wade's Sports Medicine Page: Information on sports medicine, athletic training, sports-related injuries, and treatment. Also, learn about personal lightning safety.
This category in other languages: