Search Home : Health : Medicine : Pharmacology : Psychopharmacology
- 4therapy.com - Psychiatric Medications: Information for patients covers most major psychotherapeutic drugs, including the conditions they are prescribed to treat, how they work, and necessary precautions. Information undated.
- A Chronology of Psychoactive Substance Use: A chronological overview of the spread of drug use throughout history, presented by the Drug Dependence Research Center at UCSF.
- A Reevaluation of the Relationship Between Psychiatric Diagnosis and Chemical Imbalances: An article about the relationship between psychiatric diagnosis and "chemical imbalances".
- APA Division of Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse: The APA's page dedicated to drugs, medication and substance abuse. An online newsletter, public policy advisories, action alerts, web resources.
- APA Psychiatric Medications Overview: APA article and resources regarding psychiatric medications.
- Atlantic Psychopharmacology Quarterly: Journal on psychiatric medication. The first issue is free and available online.
- Basic Psychopharmacology of Antidepressants: How do antidepressants work? TCAs, SSRIs, RIMAs, psychopharmacological options and choices, Bupropion Amineptine, Reboxetine, Nefazodone, Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine Antidepressants, Tranylcypromine, medication for Atypical Depression and Retarded Depression .
- Crazy Meds - Mental Illness With an Attitude: A guide to psychiatric medications from first-hand experience, anecdotal evidence and personal research.
- Depression Drugs Blog: The effects of various antidepressant drugs.
- Dr. Jacob L. Driesen Medications: Information about grouped medications, including (in addition to conventional medications, such as anti-depressants) pediatric drugs, unapproved treatment drugs and herbal supplements.
- Drug Therapy of Mood Disorders: A compendium of information on psychopharmacology and the drug treatment of individuals with psychiatric disorders.
- Drugs, Brains and Behavior: Textbook of behavioral pharmacology, by C. R. Timmons and L. W. Hamilton, freely available in its entirety.
- HealthyPlace Psychiatric Medications: Usage, dosage, side effects of psychiatric medications including ADHD medications, antidepressants, antipsychotics and antianxiety medications
- MedWebPlus Substance-Related Disorders and Psychopharmacology: Substance-related disorders, psychophysiology, neurology, consumer health, bibliography. Links to related fields and professional societies.
- Medscape Psychopharmacology Today Index: Columns dealing with various issues in psychopharmacology. Free registration is required.
- Mental Health Sanctuary Medications: Medication articles: mood boosters, SSRIs, antidepressants, psychotropic medications, medications for low-income people.
- Neuropsychopharmacology: The Fifth Generation of Progress Online: Online book about the latest developments in neuropsychopharmacology by the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- New Psychiatric Medicines: Information about medications used to treat mental disorders.
- Pacific Neuropsychiatric Institute: Psychopharmacology: Psychopharmacology - the Study of Psychiatric Drugs: research abstracts, recommended reading,ethics, geriatric psychopharmacology, recreational drugs, forensics, neuropsychiatry and links.
- Pioneer Pharmaceutical Research: Information about clinical trials for pharmaceutical companies, Central Nervous System medications in all mental disorders, with emphasis on in bipolar disorders and schizophrenia, and psychopharmacological news.
- Project MED: Project MED booklets - table of contents of psychopharmacological medication guides.
- Psychiatric Drug Facts: Peter R. Breggin, M.D., presents his views about the potential dangers of SSRIs, psychostimulants, benzodiazepines, antipsychotic drugs, electroshock, and other treatments. Books available for sale.
- PsychopharmINFO: Daily and monthly updates of Medline research articles about psychiatric medications, mostly antidepressants.
- Psychopharmacology Links: Links to information on specific psychiatric medications and to psychopharmacological web sites.Maintained by the Northern County Psychiatric Association.
- Psychopharmacology Links (Northern County Psychiatric Associates): Reviewed links to sites dealing with specific medications, pharmaceutical companies, and online pharmacological databases.
- Psychopharmacology Slides: A basic psychopharmacology course material on slides.
- Psychopharmacology Tips: These tips are just that -- tips -- and not (with some exceptions) the results of scientific studies. They should not be construed as providing diagnosis, medical advice, or treatment.
- Psychopharmacology Update Notes: Analyses of the comparative effectiveness, side effects and toxicity of psychotropic drugs with emphases on serotonin syndrome and monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- Stimulant Plants: Brief definition of neuropharmacology and psychopharmacology and surveys of the most commonly used drugs that originate as stimulant plants.
- The Good Drug Guide: Mood-brighteners and antidepressants - pharmacological abstracts, couched in an unorthodox life philosophy.
- The Neuropsychopharmacology of Personality Disorders: Article regarding the neuropsychopharmacology of personality disorders.
- Virtual Hospital: Clinical Psychopharmacology Seminar: A textbook of psychopharmacology: disorders, medical treatments and specific drugs and medication regimes.