Search Home : Health : Medicine : Reference : Online Databases
- ACTIS: AIDS Trials: Information about current clinical trials for the treatment of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and HIV-related conditions.
- Atlas of Ophthalmology: Online directory of eye conditions with thousands of captioned pictures.
- Automatic Semantic Text Analysis: Test bed for information system displays as featured through retrieval links from large science data knowledgebases.
- Bristol Biomedical Image Archive: A collection of about 8500 medical, dental and veterinary images for teaching and learning. Images are generally freely available, subject to the terms and conditions of use specified on the site.
- Burden of Illness: Canadian health data related to chronic conditions. Sponsored by Bayer HealthCare.
- CDC: Prevention Guidelines: A database of the past official guidelines and recommendations for the prevention of diseases, injuries and disabilities as published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Information through October, 1998.
- CancerLit: Bibliographic database containing more than a million citations and abstracts related to cancer from over 4,000 different sources.
- Case Health - Health Success Stories: Database of health stories searchable by symptom, treatment or condition.
- Center For Drug Safety: Searchable listing of medications including indications for use, dosage parameters and manufacturers data.
- Cure Research: Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment information including a database of statistics and cross-referenced medical information.
- DARE: Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness, systematic reviews produced by the NHS Centre for Reviews and dissemination, UK.
- DAVE Project: A searchable library of gastrointestinal endoscopic video clips covering a wide spectrum endoscopic imaging.
- DataStar Web: Commercial access via a Thomson/Dialog portal to more than three hundred databases in diverse areas including news, business, medicine, healthcare, chemicals, technology, engineering and computing.
- Diseases Database: Cross-referenced database of clinical medicine to provide links to topic-specific pages from other websites.
- Doctor Detector: An online database of doctors in the US, searchable by location or name. Returns the names, addresses and phone numbers of the matching results.
- DynaMed: A medical information database with over 2,000 diseases.
- EU Health: Online database giving access to information and documents on health plans and initiatives within the European union.
- Family Practice Notebook: A compendium of notes on approaches to common problems seen in family practice with supporting references.
- General Practice Notebook: Database of clinical medicine with a search facility.
- Health Info Base: Medical information on a variety of topics including access to articles and links.
- Health and Medical Postings: Searchable directory of health and medical newsgroup posts.
- ICD-9-CM Online: Searchable database of disease classification.
- IndMED: Indian Biomedical Journals Database: Bibliographic aggregation of peer-reviewed biomedical journals.
- International Epilepsy Resource Center: Searchable database about printed material and videos related to epilepsy.
- Iranian Health and Medical Research Database: Parsmedline offers access to medical journal articles and other Iranian medical information resources.
- Jablonski's: Multiple Congenital Anomaly and Mental Retardation Syndromes: Searchable `resource` hosted by the National Library of Medicine.
- Jeghers Medical Index: A searchable database of medical articles and offers a means to obtain hard copies of the documents.
- Kietra Corporation: Medical Consent Forms: A searchable online database by commercial subscription consisting of forms for clinicians for CPT4-coded procedures as well as for medications.
- Mederrors.com: A searchable database of resources for reducing medication errors. Reviews of articles published in medical journals and other educational materials included.
- MediLexicon: Dictionary of medical and pharmaceutical acronyms, abbreviations and terms.
- Medline Pro: A meta-search engine capable of searching Medline, Cochrane Collaboration and other medical databases as well as general search engines simultaneously. Includes free email, chats and forums for health professionals.
- MedlinePlus Drug Information: Guide to prescription and over-the-counter medications provided by the United States Pharmacopeia.
- NCI Screening Data 3D Miner: Cancer: A tool for interactive analysis and visualization of the National Cancer Institute anti-tumor datasets. Contains 41,000 chemical compounds versus 155 cancer cell lines.
- National Health Intelligence Service: Information on the planning and delivery of healthcare by the National Health Service (NHS) in England. Includes an A-to-Z database about policies and disease conditions.
- New Medicine: OncologyKnowledgeBase: Database which includes new technologies and products in development against cancer. This is a subscription-based product.
- OMNI: Searchable catalog of select evaluated health and medicine Internet resources.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man: Catalog of human genes and genetic disorders authored and edited by Dr. Victor A. McKusick and his colleagues at Johns Hopkins University and elsewhere.
- Research resources for Evidence Based Nursing: Evaluated nursing research resources, links to online nursing databases, guidelines, statistics, and full text resources.
- Rxcentric.com: Provides access to comprehensive drug information with sample ordering, online CME, and treatment related news. Free subscription required.
- SHARED: Scientists For Health and Research For Development: A searchable list of projects, organizations and individuals associated with health research in developing countries. [English, French, portugese and Spanish]
- SmartBrowser: Browse medical terminologies including ICD-9-CM using smart system.
- The Crookston Collection: A collection of medical slides taken by Dr. John H. Crookston that have been digitized and are available to the public and doctors.
- The Wellcome Trust Medical Photographic Library: Images on the history of medicine, modern biomedical science and clinical medicine. Contains both contemporary and historical collections.
- e-MD: ICD-9 Search: Contains a list of official disease descriptions and their codes, plus alternate descriptions.