Search Home : Health : Medicine : Reference
- The National Center for Health Statistics: Comprehensive information on births, deaths, aging, disease classification and other health statistics.
- AskDrWalker: Resources and links to medical information. Includes medical databases, medical search engines, diseases and conditions and useful links for health professionals and patients.
- Best Evidence Topics: Access to evidence-based medicine topics. Includes a searchable database.
- British National Formulary (BNF): The twice-yearly source of up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing and administering medicines. Free registration required.
- Building Better Health: Medical and healthcare information on disease and health improvement topics. Includes medical news, clinical research and newsletters.
- CDC Health Topics A to Z: A listing of disease and health topics from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States.
- Centre for Medical Web Research: A virtual centre for researching medical questions on the internet.
- DiagnosisHealth.com: An online forum discussing various medical topics.
- DiagnosisHeart.com: Information on heart disease with surgical data and related resources.
- Disease Conditions and Information: A reference guide for about 100 disease and health conditions in an alphabetical listing.
- DocMD.com: Provides links to free medical and medically-related sites.
- Doctor NDTV: Information on a variety of health issues from medical experts. Includes FAQ.
- Doctor's Desktop: Tables and charts for practicing medical professionals. It also provides an ECG course by e-mail.
- Essent Medical Library: A patient-oriented health `resource` provided by the Essent Healthcare system.
- Family Practice Reference Guides: ABFP's 19 Reference Guides from FamilyPractice.com.
- Globalrph: Provides drug information, intravenous drug dilution standards and online clinical dosing calculators for health care professionals.
- Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: The 1996 update report of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) at the CPMC website.
- Harrison's Online: Regularly updated online version of the medical textbook. Subscription required with free 4-week trial.
- Health Information Library: Alphabetical listing of health information topics by the Carle Clinic and Hospital.
- HealthDigest.org: Directory of resources covering health employment, pharmacy information, nutrition, education, and news.
- Healthsites UK: A portal to medical and health information for patients and doctors. Access medical and NHS healthcare sites plus news, advice and complementary therapy resources.
- HospitalWeb: Directory of medical resources for professionals.
- Library of the National Medical Society: Links to various journals, online diagnosis, medical textbooks and atlases. Subscription required.
- Longevity Healthy Aging Research Group: Information from this Canadian organisation on getting older and staying healthy.
- MDconsult: Includes reference books, journal search, practice guidelines, patient education and drug information. Subscription required with free 10-day pass.
- MedCalc: A comprehensive collection of online clinical calculators. Includes ABG, GFR, Fluids and BMI calculations and interpretations.
- MedConnect: Information services with a clinical and practical focus for physicians and other health care professionals.
- MedPix: Database of medical images including radiology, pathology, and dermatology. Case of the Week with CME for physicians and CNE for nurses.
- MedServ Medical News: Provides medical information and news to medical professionals worldwide.
- MedWebPlus: Directory of biomedical resources on the Internet. Maintained and updated daily.
- Medics Travel: Lists hospitals, charities, NGOs and recruitment agencies around the world to help doctors, nurses and medical students plan work and electives overseas.
- Mediresource: Information on diseases and conditions, support groups and drug information. Primarily patient-oriented.
- Mednav.com: A guide to resources in medicine and science. Links reviewed by experts, projects with the Journal of the AMA and the journal Science and software tools are offered on the site.
- My Body: Interactive symptom checker, includes details of some possible causes.
- NCEMI: Common Simple Emergencies: An online manual with detailed instructions and illustrations on how to treat various everyday medical emergencies.
- Needy Meds: Provides information on pharmaceutical manufacturers that have special programs to assist people who can't afford to buy the drugs they need.
- OHSU Health: Information for patients and clinicians on aspects of healthcare. Includes an index of health topics.
- PedsCCM File Cabinet: A `resource` of original and distributed educational and practical materials for pediatric critical care practitioners.
- Physicians Online: Provides physicians with free access to core services, including MEDLINE, email, private physician discussion groups, full text medical news articles, financial news and stock quote services. Membership required.
- PolyMedicine.com: Clinicians review electronic medical information resources available in any of the following media: browsable WWW sites, downloadable datasets and software or CD-ROMS.
- Predictonline: A testing and awareness site to provide the public and healthcare provider with medical information on various medical conditions.
- Prescriptions of The Country Doctor: A collection of informative and current articles issues written by John G. Hipps MD on various health topics.
- PreventDisease.com: A patient-oriented portal for up-to-date health information on fitness, lifestyle, nutrition and health tools.
- RJ's Medical Directory: A collection of medical links and information categorized by specific topics.
- Research Resources for Evidence Based Nursing: The site contains links to evaluated guidelines, clinical protocols, medical databases, full text resources useful to nursing researchers.
- South African Health Information: Reviewed, evidence-based health information based on the South African health system.
- Stroke Resources: Information site for strokes, mini strokes, stroke symptoms, treatment and recovery.
- The Doctors Page: Links to patient education materials, medical reference sites and medical humor.
- The Healthy Forum: Provides post-diagnosis advice on health, wellbeing and complementary medicine.
- The Homeless Handbook: An online manual designed to assist support workers of homeless and similarly disadvantaged people who find themselves in medically challenging situations.
- The Merck Manual: Online version of The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy.
- TheMediweb: Provides a medical dictionary of health information for research and education for health care professionals, academics and the general public.
- Virtual Hospital: A digital health sciences library at the University of Iowa for health care providers and patients.
- Virtual Naval Hospital: A digital library designed to help primary care providers and to help patients associated with naval medical issues. A service of the U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
- Well-Connected: Offering over 100 in-depth reports on physical and mental diseases and wellness issues. Written by medical writers and reviewed by a board at Harvard Medical School. Some information available free but most requires paid access.
- eMedicine - Consumer Treatment Guidelines: Textbook on the treatment of common medical problems.
This category in other languages: