Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Counseling Services : Directories
- 1-800-THERAPIST: Offers an extensive network of therapists and knowledge of local resources. Helps people connect with the most appropriate mental health assistance.
- African AmericanTherapists: Find Black therapists in major cities. Arrange online counseling. Learn about therapy. Get problem-solving ideas on relationships, parenting, moods, life management and current health news for the African American community.
- All About Counseling: Information about therapy, self-help, professionals, mental health resources, and anonymous discussions.
- American Directory of Mental Health Services: Provides a comprehensive list of United States mental health professionals and centers categorized by city and state.
- American Therapy Association (ATA) Referral Service: Free referral service to help consumers choose an appropriate therapist. Licensed psychologists and counselors are screened, interviewed, and then approved. Service includes phone consultation, assessment, and referral.
- Birts and Associates National Counseling and Referral Services: Offers spiritual counseling and referrals for drug and alcohol issues, domestic violence prevetion, anger management, and sexual abuse issues.
- Christian Counseling Center Referral Network: Links people looking for help with professional, licensed Christian therapists. Use of this site is free.
- Clinician Directory: Allows visitors to search and locate health and mental health clinicians. Service is available online, over the phone, and in the providers' office.
- CounselingDirectory.com: Features listings of qualified counselors and therapists in communities across the United States.
- Counselling - A Registered Charity Caring for Emotional Health: Register of UK counsellors in name and location order showing level of training, the name and location of university or college where they trained, and date training started and ended.
- Directory of Mental Health Professionals: Directory of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, counselors, and other therapists. Search by location.
- Emindhealth: Provides "e-referrals for face-to-face therapy." With a nationwide directory of over 200,000 licensed therapists, they connect consumers to the mental health professional that best meets their personalized goals.
- Find a Psychologist Directory and Referral Service: Free referral service to locate the right professional psychologist. Online and phone counseling available.
- Find-a-Therapist: International directory and referral service containing personalized listngs of therapists and mental health professionals worldwide. Service is free to both professionals and the public. Online, etherapy services available.
- Get Mental Help: An online tool that can help locate a psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, therapist or other licensed mental health professional. Search by location.
- HelpHorizons.com - Professional Directory: World's largest online directory of mental health professionals with over 500,000 entries listed. Searchable on many criteria.
- Helpguide: Non-commerical information and online resources on a variety of mental health and healthy aging topics.
- Licensed Therapists.Com: Provides a comfortable way to select a marriage or family therapist, clinical social worker, or mental health counselor.
- Mental Health Net - Clinicians Yellow Pages: Search for a therapist by state, territory, or mental health condition.
- Mental Health Services Locator: Database of resources and services in the United States and its territories, from federal government Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Mental Health Treatment Centers: Treatment facilities for the treatment of alcoholism, substance abuse, addictions, psychiatric disorders, sleep disorders, eating disorders, and emotional and behavior problems. Search by state.
- MentalHealth.net: Search the mental health directory to find a mental health professional in your city. Only NY and OH web pages are currently available, although you can search by state for listings.
- National Registry of Licensed Psychotherapists and Counselors: Search for a therapist or counselor anywhere in the U.S.
- Psychology Today's Therapy Directory: Read personal profiles and see specialties. Search by city, state, or zip code.
- Psychotherapists and Counsellors Association of Western Australia, Inc.: Information about counselling and psychotherapy including how to choose a therapist and a directory outlining the professional profiles of qualified counsellors and psychotherapists in Western Australia. (List in PDF format)
- Psyfidential's Clinical Registry of Psychotherapists: A free database of psychotherapists which can be searched via a variety of criteria (geography, practice emphasis, or financial arrangements).
- T.R.E.T.ment Christian Counselor Leasing Services: A new Christian counselor service where organizations (schools, churches, funeral services, mental health facilities, medical services and treatment centers) can lease the services (part-time or full time)of a Christian counselor trained in Rational Emotive Spiritual Therapy (REST).
- The Family and Marriage Counseling Directory: The FMC directory provides news related to family and marriage counseling as well as a nationwide directory of therapists.
- The GM Resource and Referral Directory: A New Zealand based `resource` for counselling, psychotherapy, mental health, and social services information.
- The International Registry of Rapid Eye Technicians: A directory of qualified professionals who practice rapid eye technology, a stress relief therapy based on eye movement and blinking.
- Therapist Finder: Mental health, wellness and disability resources and a directory of all types of therapists (including massage and physical therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, marriage therapists), a mental health glossary, wellness journal, and self-help resources.
- Therapist Locator: Directory to assist in locating a qualified marriage and family therapist. All therapists are clinical members of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Therapist UK: The United Kingdom database of therapeutic practitioners contains individual therapeutic practitioners, centres, clinics, therapeutic training, and events. Searchable by name, county or by therapeutic orientation.
- Therapy Index: Directory of counsellors and psychotherapists, books, helpline information and events. For practitioners and those interested in therapy.
- Therapy Network: Non-profit organization in San Francisco Bay Area, which provides information about psychotherapy and free referrals to licensed therapists.
- Therapy World: On-line therapy and teleclasses. Directory of therapists and coaches. Coaching and teleclasses for family and professionals.
- UK Therapists: Offer a counselling/therapist directory for finding a therapist of your choice.
- Who's Who in Mental Health on the Web: Directory of mental health professionals around the world and their practice and networking specialties.
- Womentherapy - A Women's Psychotherapy Network: Network and referral service listings of women and feminist psychotherapists in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston.