Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Counseling Services
- ABS - Alternative Behavioral Services: Offers a wide array of behavioral health services that strive to reach the needs of the youth, families, and communities served (United States).
- About Psychotherapy: Information explaining what psychotherapy is, how it works, why it works, what should happen there, why go, when to stop, how to find and choose a therapist.
- Allied Psychology Group, Inc.: Offers a full range of psychological services for the San Francisco East Bay community. Links to national and local mental health sites. Featured article.
- Ann Smith Counseling and Training: Information on a 5-day in-patient treatment program. Find dates for the workshops. Catalog of recovery materials includes books, audio and video tapes.
- Bio-Behavioral Institute: Information on mental health, treatment services, and research studies. Located in New York.
- Cancer as a Turning Point: Lawrence LeShan, PhD and staff offer cancer support retreats and individual marathon therapy sessions, in NYC, NC and CT.
- Center for Cognitive Rehabilitation: Provides evaluation and treatment services for people with a wide range of physical and emotional problems. Includes information about the evaluation, links and contact details. Located in Decatur, Georgia.
- Claremont Behavioral Services: Resource for personal, practical worksite-focused EAP services to private and public sector employers, their employees and family members.
- Could Counselling Help?: Information on different types of counselling and psychotherapy, how they work, FAQs, common issues including anxiety and depression, and online tests.
- Counseling Approaches: Written by Dr. Daniel Baney, an ordained United Methodist minister and licensed psychologist, this article examines what to look for in a choosing a counselor.
- Counseling.com: One stop access for all counseling needs. For the community there are many resources: counseling FAQs, library, glossary, therapist locator, chat room, advice column, forum, bulletin board. For therapists: a conference board, forum, seminars and employment information.
- CounsellingResource.com: Provides educational materials on mental health and psychotherapy, including diagnostic criteria, descriptions of different therapeutic approaches, an extensive bibliography, discussion and support groups, and book reviews.
- Cybershrink.org: General `resource` for counseling and psychotherapy. Includes FAQs staffed by professionals and information on how to find a qualified mental health counselor.
- DRB Alternatives: Articles on general counseling, substance abuse quiz, and mediation. Participate in on-line infidelity research questionnaire. Licensed clinical social worker provides general counseling, in-person or telephone consultations. Naperville, IL.
- Damien O'Farrell Foundation: Dedicated to personal growth, curing addictions, nutrition, health, stress management, and self-love. Private sessions, workshops, courses, and seminars. Located in Rome, Italy. Travels internationally.
- Dr. Kathy Marshack, Ph.D.: Family business counselling, family business online therapy, psychotherapy and family business consultation. Author of "Entrepreneurial Couples: Making it Work at Work and at Home".
- Dr. Marian Stansbury, Ph.D.: Offers counseling and coaching for individuals and couples. Online quizzes, tests, and articles. Office in Connecticut.
- Dr. Ofer Zur, Ph.D.: Therapy without the constraints and intrusion of managed-care. Online catalog, free downloads, seminars. California, Sonoma.
- Dr.Deborah Sunbeck and Infinity Walk: Training, books and videos: an accelerated sensory motor cognitive language development program for ages 6-adult, special education, occupational therapy, superlearning, all learning styles, dyslexia, multiple intelligence, whole brain learning, improved self-esteem, performance skills.
- EMDR Therapy: Offers information on how EMDR therapy effectively treats PTSD, anxiety disorders, and depression. Find EMDR therapists, information, articles, books, research, and links.
- FEI Behavioral Health: Employee assistance programs. Work, life, and crisis management. Services are provided in-person, over the phone and through a customized website.
- Galway Counselling Studies: Provides information on individual counselling and psychotherapy, courses in counselling, psychotherapy and managing stress. Offers supervision for counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, and trainers. Based in Ireland.
- Gregory J. Boyce: Description of psychotherapy. Mini-lessons on Transactional Analysis. Links to other mental health sites and referral sources.
- HMA Behavioral Health, Inc.: Offers managed care services for mental health and substance abuse. Offers ProCare Employee Assistance Programs nation-wide and in Canada.
- Homme Youth and Family Programs: Treatment referrals, family and youth programs. Personalized care and quality treatment have made it a nationally known treatment program for children and adolescents dealing with issues of sexual perpetration, delinquency, victimization, alcohol or drug abuse, cognitive-behavioral issues or dual diagnosis.
- Horizon Behavioral Services: A healthcare management corporation that offers employee assistance and workplace productivity programs.
- Integrated Insights: Provides comprehensive employee assistance programs(EAPs), work and life services, training, and consultation. Located in San Diego, California. Contracts professionals nationwide.
- Ira C. Eaker College - Counseling Resources Online: Links to a variety of online counseling information.
- Lifeskills Training Center: We teach optimum core winning values and optimum core LifeSkills found in the social sciences, life enhancement, research, health science, philosophy, religion, counselor's offices and fitness centers.
- Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes: Offers diagnostic evaluations and clinical treatment for sensory cognitive treatments. Overview of programs, certifications, books and kits, multimedia, and contacts. Includes locations throughout the United States and London, England.
- MEERS, INC. Consulting Psychologists: A family practice of psychology with an emphasis on consultative, wellness, and psycho-educational approaches for all ages, located in Ohio. Offers online articles on mental health issues.
- Matrix Psychological Services: Employee Assistance Programs and consulting services help corporate clients care for their employees through a nationwide network of doctorally trained psychologists.
- McLean Hospital: National and regional psychiatric and mental health hospital located near Boston, Massachusetts. Information about programs, research, and topics in mental health.
- Menninger Clinic: Specialty psychiatric and behavioral hospital offering diagnostic and treatment programs for adolescents and adults from around the US. Extensive information about services and research activities. In Houston, Texas; originally in Topeka, Kansas.
- Mental Health Information by Dr. Marty Tashman: Collection of mental health papers that help you decide when a person needs therapy or how to select a therapist.
- Mentor Counseling: Jeff Leiken counselor, educator, works with at risk youth. Training consulting and youth advocacy programs also provided.
- Merle James Yost: Public forums for men with gynecomastia or men who have been sexually abused. Information about his books and his psychotherapy practice. A question and answer column, a book of the month and many links.
- Multicultural Family Institute: Offers a wide variety of conferences, programs, seminars, training, sessions, and clinical services to individuals and families. Based in New Jersey. Monica McGoldrick LCSW, PhD (h.c.), Director.
- Multiple Family Group Therapy: Focuses on the multiple family `group` style of therapy. Counseling offered. On-line articles.
- Natural Psychotherapy: The international center on the Web for a creative, medication-free form of therapy for life's problems and stresses - from the simplest to the most severe.
- Optimum Health Resources: Family physician, author and speaker, Dr.David Rainham provides a stress test, books and tapes to guide in taking charge of stress.
- Our Emotional Minds: A new therapeutic approach, known as Clinical Affectology and af-x® Therapy, resolves depression, anxiety, stress, and psychosomatic symptoms.
- Oyster Point Psychological Practice: Forensic psychological services for attorneys and their clients. Personal coaching for executives in transition.
- Paul Haider - Stress Management: Offers corporate and individual stress management programs and seminars.
- People Resources - Employee Assistance Programs: Committed to helping businesses solve problems that deplete human potential and human assets. Offers online services as well as services in Missouri.
- Peter Rath, Psy.D.: A brief description of services provided (California) as well as information on a live internet psychology talk show.
- Planet-Therapy: Solutions for individual and family problems in everyday language. Provides current psychotherapy ideas and practices so people can solve their mental health problems and find professional counseling resources.
- Processus Counseling and Consulting: Features an overview of services, staff, and location. Lists free talk series offered each fall and spring. Provides articles of interest in the areas of depression, marriage, children and divorce, eating disorders, parenting adolescents. Located in Minnesota.
- Psyche Consult: Provides a consultation service for people thinking about going into psychotherapy treatment or psychodynamic counselling. Definitions of various modes of therapy.
- Psychology Doc: Treatment of emotional and marital problems, psychotherapy, and hypnotherapy. How to select and check qualifications of a therapist, symptoms of panic disorders and other emotional problems.
- Resource Center for Freedom of Mind: Helping victims of mind control. Defines a cult - stating not all are religion based. Links to cult awareness groups and resources. Steven Hassan, author of Combatting Cult Mind Control.
- Richard Grossman, Ph.D.: Psychotherapy for individuals and couples. Essays on psychotherapy, couples counseling, parenting, and a variety of other topics in psychology. Located in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- Rick Carson and Associates: Psychotherapist and author of two books ("Taming Your Gremlin" and "Never Get a Tattoo"). Offers confidential counseling, books and cassettes.
- RocklandPsych.com: New York; Nauet. Articles, news, services. Critical incident stress management and psychotherapy practice of Stephen Jay Levy, Ph.D.
- SoYouWanna Choose a Therapist?: Article discusses the different types of therapists, how to choose a therapist, and what to expect in your first meeting.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy: The Brief Therapy Practice - where solution focused brief therapy started in Britain. Europe's largest provider of solution focused brief therapy, solution focused training and consultation. International presentations available.
- St. Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute: A national `resource` for behavioral health care. Uses a multidisciplanary approach in the psychological evaluation and treatment of patients.
- The Doctors Gurr: Husband and wife team of psychologists in New York State. Includes newsletter articles and links for the general public and mental health professionals.
- The Excel Center: Counselling and hypnotherapy clinic in Alberta Canada. Offers a mental health therapist referral service, hypnosis audio programs, and on-line Inspiration Journal and Forum.
- The Houle Pychology Clinic: Dr. Houle's practice is dedicated to the study, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Newsletter, online advice, and products.
- The Independents Centre: For people with enduring mental health problems. Designed to give users direct access to the internet to help them form friendships, pen-friends, and web-friends. Links to mental health articles and counseling services.
- The Phoenix Center: Individual and marital counselling, and business mentoring services. Download a free 45 page book on building excellent relationships.
- The Rational Basis of Happiness: Ask Dr. Kenner, clinical psychologist, any personal question toll-free. Happiness has a rational basis.
- The Road - Counselling and Personal Development: Innovative and effective solution-oriented counselling and personal development, in person or online. Personal breakthrough sessions. Community building experiences. Quit smoking hypnosis and phobia cures. Online bookstore.
- The Sylvia Gearing Women's Center: Describes Dr. Sylvia Gearing's work in stress with women, communication and relationships. A nationally known media psychologist, her books, tapes, and seminars are featured.
- The Whole Child Center: Learning, behavior, and social problems of children. Definitions of attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, emotional intelligence, and the whole child philosophy. Mailing list. Toll free hotlines and helplines, resources links. New York; New York.
- Theft Talk: Counsels theft offenders of all ages, provides theft victim services, and professional training services.
- Therapists Unlimited: Counseling referral service.
- Therapy and Getting Help Article Library: Non-profit site offers articles to help people choose mental health professionals and therapists that are right for them.
- VMC Behavioral HealthCare Services: Global provider of employee assistance, work/life, and managed behavioral healthcare programs. VMC's EAP is uniquely designed to provide companies the opportunity to help employees resolve the wide array of personal problems that arise in the workplace. In assisting employees resolve their problems, EAP's maximize job performance, reduce absenteeism, and decrease the use of medical benefits
- Websidetherapy: Creative psychotherapy for emotional health. Offers psychotherapy, dream analysis and interpretation, and art therapy.
- Wellplace: Provides nationwide employee support and wellness services.
- Western Behavioral Consulting: Offers psychological therapy/testing services, a new book "Choosing a Therapist", a day-treatment camp for children with ADHD, EAP services, and evaluation services for businesses. Services offered to local, state, and national community. West Michigan location.
- Without Conflict There Can Be No Growth: Phyllis Karpe Bergstein, counselor and author of "The Courage to Confront Coloring Book for Adults". Pioneered Confrontation Therapy for women.
- Yorkshire Training Centre: Psychotherapy and counselling offered by experienced and registered therapists. Also training in professional psychotherapy qualifications.
This category in other languages: