Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Disorders : Eating : Anorexia
- "Strep" Infection May Cause One Type Of Anorexia: Article that links anorexia nervosa with "strep" throat in teens.
- A Jungian Interpretation: An exploration into anorexia nervosa through the media of mythology, fairy tales and psychology of C.G. Jung.
- Already Perfect: Recovery For Anorexia: An Anorexia recovery site created by a recovering anorexic. Includes info about family issues, eating right, positive body image & self esteem, and recovery links.
- Ana Death: Page done by ex ED, recovered, nice done, simply and clear.
- Anorexia & Bulimia Care (ABC): Lots of basic informations about Anorexia and Bulimia.
- Anorexia Information: What is anorexia? What causes it? Can it be prevented?
- Anorexia Nervosa: An introduction of this disorder, followed by links to research articles, projects, news, clinical trials and organizations.
- Anorexia Nervosa - familydoctor.org: Describes what anorexia is, some of the key characateristics and how it differs from bulimia. There are also references for more information. This site is sponsored by AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians).
- Anorexia Nervosa from Emergency Medicine / Psychosocial: Scholarly article regarding mortality rates, pathophysiology, frequency, clinical aspects, different diagnoses to consider, lab and imaging studies, treatment within a general hospital emergency room, follow-up, and a bibliography with links.
- Anorexia When You Are Past Your Teens: Article written by Joanna Poppink about women with anorexia.
- Anorexia in Males: Information from an eating disorders specialist about anorexia in males. Article discusses female to male comparisons of characteristics, socioeconomic and environmental factors and age of onset.
- Anorexia is Not About Not Eating: Understanding the problem of anorexia. There are many links to additional resources for parents, sufferers, friends, and teens.
- Anorexia's World: Provides information, articles, poems, personal stories, and a forum about Anorexia.
- Anorexia: I'm Not a Child and I'm So Afraid: An article about what happens to many teen anorexics as they get older.
- Anorexia: Warning to Parents: Personal site by a parent whose pre-adolescent daughter developed anorexia after learning about it on a television program. Includes personal reflections, a bibliography of research articles, and links to other resources.
- Anorexiacarers.co.uk: Information for those caring for sufferers of anorexia nervosa.
- Anorexic Body: A Qualitative Study: Study attempting to explore the anorexia nervosa patient's subjective experience in family therapy by employing a qualitative inquiry.
- Anorexic Web: This web page digs deeper into the meaning, struggle, experience, causes, and cures for disordered eating.
- Anorexics Anonymous - Ed's Depression and OCD: A site on anorexia, bulimia, depression, OCD and self injury. Offering support and understanding, plus personal stories poetry, art, and a photo gallery.
- Childrens BBC Eating Disorders Page: Helping young eating disorder sufferers understand their illness, including an interview with Anna Paterson (Author of "Diet Of Despair" and "Anorexic").
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Anorexia: List of clinical trials recruiting patients with Anorexia published by the National Institutes of Health.
- Drugs-DB.com - Anorexia: Provides definition, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, prognosis, and prevention.
- Eating Disorders Specialist: Anorexia nervosa in association with medical disorders.
- Escape from Anorexia: Description of measures parents took to rescue their teenage daugther from anorexia within six month.
- Free Anorexia Information: Links to organizations, treatment centers, message boards, newsgroups, personal stories, general information, and articles about anorexia.
- Internet Mental Health: Anorexia Nervosa: Description, diagnosis, research, treatment, and magazine articles.
- Mental Health Net: Anorexia Nervosa: General information about some of the causes, symptoms, and treatments of anorexia nervosa.
- Miirage: Living with eating disorders: A indepth look at what it is reallt like to suffer from an eating disorder. What is going on in the head of someone who has been diagnosed anorexic.
- NetHealthBook: Anorexia nervosa: Introduction, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and list of references.
- PubMed Search: List publications about "anorexia eating disorder" in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE, and other related databases.
- Saint Francis Health System: Anorexia: Warning signs and symptoms of anorexia.
- eMedicine Health: Anorexia Nervosa: Provides an overview of anorexia nervosa and its causes, symptoms, medical assessment, and treatment.
This category in other languages: