Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Disorders : Eating
- A Collaborative Study of the Genetics of Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia: An educational tool for those afflicted with eating disorders and their families who are interested in learning about genetic research in eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia.
- About Eating Disorders: Information and resources regarding eating disorders with a focus on anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating.
- About.com: Eating Disorders: Annotated links to lists of web resources about general and disorder specific information for women and teens.
- After the Diet Online: Resources on nutrition and stress-related problems, including: eating disorders, weight management, PCOS, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome, postpartum depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder.
- Anorexia and Bulimia: General eating disorder information, their possible causes and danger signs, anorexia pictures, bulletin board and an interview with Princess Diana.
- Anorexia and Bulimia: Introduction to the subject, its causes and symptoms, its consequences, and treatment options. From The Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Asociación de Lucha contra Bulimia y Anorexia: The Association Against Bulimia and Anorexia in Argentina is directed by Dr. Mabel Bello. Information on what are anorexia and bulimia, services, courses, contacts, news, and polls. Available in Spanish, English, and Catala.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Eating Disorders: List of clinical trials recruiting patients with eating disorders published by the National Institutes of Health.
- College Eating Disorders: Information, survey, interview, and link list about eating disorders among college students from a female student at the University of Central Florida.
- Dying to be Perfect: Eating disorders with a focus on anorexia and bulimia and male eating disorders.
- Dying to be Thin: Companion web site to the NOVA program broadcast on December 12, 2000. Examines debilitating and sometimes life-threatening eating disorders, particularly anorexia and bulimia. Includes personal stories sent in by readers.
- ED-NOS: The Unspoken Diagnosis: About the "not otherwise specified" diagnosis of eating disorders.
- Eating & Image Issues: Anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and "sub-clinical" eating disorders (EDNOS). Includes self-test, survey & links.
- Eating Disorder: General description of obesity, pica, anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating, compulsive eating disorders. Information about treatment, selected articles and link collection.
- Eating Disorder Forum: A supportive place of hope for those with eating disorders. Co-hosted by a professional psychotherapist and someone recovering from EDs.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Center: Education, resources and support in the process of recovery and the understanding of Anorexia, Bulimia or Compulsive Overeating as well as Muscle Dysmorphia.
- Eating Disorder Recovery: Information and Links: Eating disorders articles, DSM-IV-TR criteria, references, online discussion forum, list of in-patient programs, Q & A.
- Eating Disorders: Information to help individuals along the way to recovery, ranging from signs and symptoms, to relapse warning signs.
- Eating Disorders -- MentalHealthChannel: Statistical information regarding bulimia, anorexia, and binge eating disorder.
- Eating Disorders Arena: Information about eating disorders books and journals as well as additional resources and links.
- Eating Disorders Information and Links: Find information on various types of Eating Disorders, treatment and recovery on and offline. Memorial sites, message boards, midi, and cards.
- Eating Disorders Resources: Specializing in eating disorders publications and education since 1980. Home of Gürze Books.
- Eating Disorders and Self-Mutilation - Hope.at/EDSM!: A recovery site for victims of Eating Disorders. Quotes, inspiration, my story, ED test, recovery tools.
- Eating Disorders at Suite101.com: Articles, discussions and links about eating disorders including anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating.
- Eating Disorders in a Disordered Culture: Online component of a public art project to raise awareness about eating disorders. Visitors can read from dozens of personal accounts, and add their own contributions and stories.
- Eating Disorders on Something-fishy.org: Contains information and resources pertaining to anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating. Included are definitions, signs and symptoms, physical dangers, along with treatment information.
- EatingDisordersOnline.com: Information about Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, Compulsive Overeating, and Over Exercising, including treatment options, info on recovery, and Forums for online support.
- Genuine Article Web Zine: Newsletter of the Cedric Centre, specialists in treatment of compulsive and binge eating. Archived book reviews, clothing tips, and self-image advice.
- Helpguide.org - Eating Disorders: A non-commercial service projects of the Rotary Club of Santa Monica providing expert information on mental health and aging. General ED information and sections about Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, and Treatment, Counseling and Therapy.
- MEDLINEplus: Eating Disorders: Directory of resources about all aspects of eating disorders from the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
- Makayla's Healing Place: Information on anorexia and bulimia, pro-anorexia refuge, treatment, recovery, links, stories, poetry, and art. Additonal information on self-injury, depression, anxiety, and domestic violence.
- MerckSource - Eating Disorders: Information on anorexia nervosa, bulimia, and other eating disorders. Includes causes, risk factors, and support resources.
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre: Promotes healthy lifestyles as an alternative to dieting and the destructive cultural emphasis on appearance. Descriptions of various disorders; FAQ; guide for those close to sufferers; list of seminars and programs in Canada.
- Peace, Love and Hope Eating Disorders Site: Information, not just on anorexia and bulimia, but also on the many other demons that tend to accompany them (ie - depression, self-injury, OCD). Includes chatrooms and bulletin boards.
- Personal Health Zone Eating Disorders: Eating disorders - information, resources, types of disorders, and treatment.
- Psychoanalytic Approach to Eating Disorders: Eating disorders from a psychoanalytic perspective.
- Relapse and Recovery (Yahoo Group): Discussion for those seeking 12 step recovery from Compulsive Overeating.
- Silent Screams: Created by a sufferer. Personal story, general information about various aspects of EDs as well as abuse issues, resources for help, forum, and the possibility to submit poetry and stories.
- Something Fishy: Anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating. Definitions, signs and symptoms, physical dangers, and online support.
- Sugar Highs: Information on Diabetes and eating disorders. Causes and symptoms of eating disorders.
- The Eating Disorder Site: Covers eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, as well as related issues, from the Family Resource Network.
- The Eating Disorder Unit: Other Eating Disorders: Descriptions of less common eating disorders including Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Pica, Night Eating Syndrome and Sleep Eating Disorder (SED-NOS. From the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, University of London.
- The Skinny: A webzine devoted to anorexia and bulimia, including essay contests, book reviews, poetry and advice.
- The Stanford Health Library: Provides links for all categories of eating disorders.
- Whittling the Body Down To Skin & Bones: Anorexia nervosa & bulimia are life-threatening diseases, not enviable "lifestyles".
This category in other languages: