Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Grief, Loss and Bereavement
- 100 Phrases for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One: These phrases were composed with the purpose to empower and comfort those who have encountered the death of someone they love.
- A Time to Grieve: Explores the experience of grief after the loss of a parent and offers support, simple suggestions, and a place for sharing memories.
- Afterhours Inspirational Stories: Death and Dying: Inspirational story and poem collection about death, dying, and grievance.
- Alive Alone: An support `group` for the education of bereaved parents, whose only child or all children are deceased.
- At Health Newsletter: Resource links for pregnancy loss, sudden infant death syndrome, and widows' support.
- Becoming Eternal: Selections from a book of 365 essays written by a married couple for the one of them who will survive the other's death.
- Beliefnet.com - Grief and Loss Forum: Multifaith website, providing information, provocative essays and articles, online community and other interactive resources about grief and loss.
- Bereaved Families Online: Located in Ontario, proving local support as well as computer support. Focus is on the healing process in the form of support groups, internet bereavement support, and educational resources.
- Bereaved Parents of the USA: The loss of a child starts an incredibly difficult grief journey. Get help from others further down that road. Local activities (Florida), newsletter, and recommended readings.
- Bereavement - A Magazine of Hope and Healing: Offers searchable magazine archives, free online support groups, free electronic sympathy cards, free electronic memorials, and a secure catalog.
- Beyond Indigo: Provides information on caregiving, loss, grieving, and end-of-life issues for family, friends, pets, and loved ones, with an emphasis on the positive.
- Broken Hearts, Living Hope: Offers a free monthly print newsletter for bereaved families, as well as photo albums to display pictures of deceased children.
- Bruderhof Grief Companion: Offers words of comfort for the bereaved from classic and contemporary writers, free e-books, quotations, and a sharing board.
- CRUSE Bereavement Care: National charity set up to offer free, confidential help to bereaved people. Cruse produces booklets on coping with grief which you can buy on-line.
- Center for Loss and Renewal: Dedicated to understanding the process of grief, and its impact on laypeople and professionals. It includes a monthly column, "On the path from loss to renewal."
- Compassion Connection: Offering comfort and hope to those grieving loss of child, spouse, parents, siblings, missing, suicide, tragedy, divorce, abused. Loss of health, loss of pet, loss of job. Processing grief. Inspirational.
- Crisis or Challange? - A Guide to Bereavement Stress and Modern Day Terror: An on-line guide for teachers, parents and those who have been victims of terror attacks, traumatic crisis, and long-term stress. A special section on the tradition Jewish attitude to mourning is included.
- Crisis, Grief, and Healing: A place for people to find help in healing from loss. The honor page (the first internet memorial site) has over 500 memorials, and continues to put up memorials free of charge.
- Death: Advice on how to support a grieving friend, who experienced a death in the family. Includes suggested readings.
- Death and Dying from About.com: Links for the grieving widow, widower, child, teen and adult. Dedicated to the bereaved, the dying and those who care for them. Includes all issues about dying, pet loss, and memorials.
- Estrangements: Provides information about loss due to estrangement. Includes a journal, lists of books, movies, articles, other references, poetry, and people who have experienced estrangement.
- EverandEver.com: Attempts to assist those seeking relief to grief by providing a free one way e-mail address in the name of their deceased loved ones.
- Family Grief Resources: Providing grief resources, articles, recommended reading and support to people coping with the death of a loved one.
- Friends Along the Road, Inc.: Relief for those in deep grief, so that they may have time away from pressing obligations in order to rest, seek consolation or healing, and possibly reevaluate their lives. Bulletin board and fund raising activities.
- God's Special Children: A Christian website to encourage and support parents who have experienced the death of a child. Includes an e-mail support list, Honor Roll, resources, and encouragement page.
- Good Grief - The Shiva Foundation: About grief, how to deal with it, and how to turn it into a positive, creative experience.
- Grief Inc.: Official home of Darcie, Tony and Alicia Sims, who are internationally recognized public speakers on the topics of grief and grief support.
- Grief Warehouse: Information for bereaved parents, grandparents, and siblings. Brighter Path greeting cards, poetry, creative thoughts, and ideas for remembering a child.
- Grief and Loss: Offering articles, discussions, resources and tools for coping with grief and the loss of a loved one.
- Grief and Loss Resource Centre: Deals with the many aspects of grief. From making funeral arrangements to online memorials.
- Grief and Renewal: International site to support people in their journeys of recovery and rebuilding following a loss. Resources, links, bulletin board, and people's stories of renewal.
- Grief on Medbroadcast.com: Tips on coping with death and grief. Health ways to grieve.
- GriefLink: Information `resource` on death related grief for the community and professionals. Includes coping with grief, helpin the bereaved, resources, education, and specific topics.
- GriefLossRecovery.com: Articles, memorials, poetry,and provides a safe haven for bereaved persons to share their grief through discussion forums.
- GriefNet: Support services include `resource` referral, support groups, a library, and memorial web pages. Links to Suicide Prevention and Survivors' Resources. Rivendell Resources, a charitable corporation.
- GriefWeb: A collection of literature and links to help you cope with the loss of a loved one.
- Griefsong: Healing the Loss: A place where to find creative and nurturing ways to honor grief following the death of a loved one. Includes songs of hope and inspiration, songs for memorials and funeral services, songs for rituals and spiritual renewal as well as meditation resources.
- Grieving and Loss Support and Resources: Learn about the stages of grief, bereavement after the loss of a loved one, or coping with the loss of a love relationship or pet.
- Grieving the Loss of a Parent: Alexandra Kennedy.com, seven tasks and ten steps of recovery, supporting a friend, books, tapes, workshops, and articles.
- Healing Grief: Spiritual resources for people in grief. Invitations to contribute stories about after-death communication, miracles, inspirations, mystical photos. Includes a healing journey, bookstore, tapes, consultations, created by a widow to share with other people in grief.
- Healing Hearts for Bereaved Parents: A site devoted to providing information and support to parents who are suffering with grief as the result of the death of their child or children.
- Healing Through Grieving: Offers a sixteen-month program including workbooks and journal.
- Heavens Treasures: Conversations on angels, spirits, death, afterlife, Heaven and spirituality; grief, loss, healing, and moving on. Featured books and articles.
- Hope for Bereaved: Independent, not-for-profit community organization dedicated to providing hope, support and services for the bereaved. Counseling, support services, and books for the grieving.
- International Association of Childhood Trauma (IACT): Education and support resources for individuals who have undergone childhood loss resulting in the trauma of parental separation and out of home placement. Information about goals, programs, and workshops, as well as related links.
- Journey of Hearts: A healing place in cyberspace created by a physician who combines medicine, psychiatry, poetry, prose and images to provide resources and support.
- Language of Loss: Offers services and resources including grief seminars, support groups, individual counseling, workshops, and grief education. List of grief resources.
- Mary M. Wong: Dedicated to assisting those grieving a loved one's death. Offers teleseminars, workshops, and books.
- MedlinePlus: Bereavement: Directory of press releases, articles, and factsheets.
- Memorial Cards, Bookmarks, Acknowledgement Cards: Printing of Memorial, Remembrance and Acknowledgement Cards. We can supply the card you want, with your own text and picture or choose from our standard words and images.
- Memories are Forever: Find ideas on preserving memories and paying tribute to a loved one who has died, and share those memories with others.
- Open Heart Seminars: John E. Welshons' workshops, books, and tapes to help heal the grief of the loss of a loved one.
- Phoenix Rising: Information and support for widows, widowers, and those who grieve over the death of a loved one. Features forum, advice, and personal stories.
- Poems about the Loss of a Child: A collection of poetry by parents and family members about the death of a child.
- Rainbow Faith Gifts: Bereavement, memorial, and inspirational gifts for when you want to say you care in a special way.
- Shine A Holiday Star: Honor the memories of those lost by creating a Holiday Star. Create and post the star online.
- Something To Share: Compelling and inspirational articles, verses, and quotations dealing with loss, spirituality, and perspective.
- Soras Corporation: Providing sympathy, death and dying relief, bereavement gifts, and inspirational messages.
- The Centre for Grief Education: Based in Melbourne Australia and has as its mission to provide, through research, education, and consultancy, support for bereaved people. Features newsletters, services, directory, and programs.
- The Child Bereavement Trust: Charity with on-line information for young people who've lost someone close.
- The Comfort Zone: Writings of comfort and inspiration for those who grieve.
- The Comfort of Home: Resource to find consolation, emotional support, encouragement, stress management, balance, and serenity to help those experiencing grief, loss, disappointment or pain.
- The Grief Recovery Institute: Offering information, handbooks, resources, and news to help individuals deal with grief.
- The Koby Mandell Foundation: A foundation to help others cope with the loss of a loved one, this site offers therapeutic programs and events for bereaved families and young people, stories, a newsletter and more.
- The Rainbow: Hope, inspiration,and encouragement in the form of essays, photos and poems for anyone going through grief recovery.
- The Sibling Connection: Offers support and resources for adults who lost a sibling during childhood or adolescence, including books, articles, general information, and bibliographies.
- Timmy's Gift: For families who have lost a child. Learn about after-death communications, how to find a reputable medium, book reviews on related topics, and inspirational messages.
- Trinity Foundation: Resources for people suffering from the loss of a child.
- UCSF Death Notification and Survivor Care Program (DNSCP): The UCSF DNSCP aims to train and assist notifiers in coping with the inherent stress of death notification duties, as well as address the emotional and practical needs of the families of survivors.
This category in other languages: