Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Policy and Advocacy
- Advocacy Unlimited, Inc.: Information and resources for persons with mental health disabilities. Also an educational program for mental health advocacy skills.
- Challenging Stigma: Developed to support the work of the 'Challenging Stigma, Removing Labels Workplace Mental Health Project'. This project is funded by the Warrington Health and Well Being Partnership.
- Coalition for Persons Disabled by Mental Illness: North Carolina coalition of mental health professionals, consumers, families and advocates organized to pursue lobbying and mental health reform initiatives.
- Consumer Organization and Networking Technical Assistance Center: Resource center for consumers/survivors/ex-patients and consumer-run organizations across the United States, promoting self-help, recovery and empowerment.
- East Suffolk Advocacy Networks: ESAN is an independent, user managed organisation committed to the empowerment of mental health service users.
- Empowerment for Healthy Minds: Consumer-run mental health advocacy organization based in Southwestern Virginia. Empowerment and activism are emphasized.
- Freedom Center - Northampton MA: Support, human rights advocacy, and holistic alternatives for people labeled 'mentally ill' in the Pioneer Valley, MA.
- GIDreform.org - Challenging Psychiatric Gender Stereotypes: GIDreform.org is a `resource` for all who advocate reform of the psychiatric classification of gender diversity as mental disorder.
- Handling Your Mental Illness at Work and School: Information on ADA (the Americans with Disabilities Act), the affect of mental illness on work or schooling, coping, filing a complaint, question of the month.
- Mental Health Advocate: Mental health resources, newsletter articles, links, personal accounts, stories, and news. We believe recovery is possible.
- Mental Health Association of South Carolina: Resources and information for persons diagnosed with mental illness and their families; reports and data on mental health policy, advocacy, conditions, treatment and other issues.
- Mental Health Consumer Net Connections: By and for consumer/survivors living in British Columbia, Canada, the site is intended as an informational and referral `resource` for consumers within the province and beyond.
- Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General: The first Surgeon General's Report on Mental Health, asserting that mental illness is a critical public health problem that must be addressed by the nation.
- Mental Illness and the Criminal Justice System: One sixth of inmates have a mental illness, but do not receive treatment because facilities are over-crowded and under-staffed.
- Mississippi Advocacy and Protection: Mississippi Protection and Advocacy System, Inc. is a private, nonprofit agency which receives federal funds to protect & advocate the rights of individuals with disabilities
- National Mental Health Consumers' Self-Help Clearinghouse: The National Mental Health Consumers' Self-Help Clearinghouse helps connect individuals to self-help and advocacy resources, and offers expertise to self-help groups and other peer-run services for mental health consumers.
- Open Up Toolkit: The 'Open Up Toolkit' is a `resource` website established by Mental Health Media to encourage service users and survivors to come together to combat stigma and discrimination against mental health issues.
- Presidents New Freedom Commission on Mental Health: President Bush identifies obstacles to quality mental health care. Includes details of the Commission's work and schedule, along with a section for receiving public comment.
- Psychology and Psychotherapy in Austria: Commission of the European Communities. Replies to the questionnaire on psychotherapists Regulated by the "Psychotherapiegesetz" (Psychotherapy Act)- 1995.
- Public Policy Advocacy - (American Psychiatric Association): Public Policy Advocacy contains a search feature and news briefs on mental health policy.
- Stigma.org: An initiative to raise awareness of the stigmatization of those suffering from mental health problems. Forum and publications.
- SuicideMalpractice: Information about the history of and defenses to suicide malpractice litigation against mental health care providers.
- Surgeon General's Conference on Children's Mental Health: Report of the Surgeon General's Conference on Children's Mental Health: A National Action Agenda. This report was prepared by the Department of Health and Human Services in collaboration with the Department of Education and the Department of Justice. It is an outgrowth of the Surgeon General's Report on Mental Health which was released in December, 1999.
- The Coalition of Voluntary Mental Health Agencies: New York City's advocacy organization for community mental health, representing a network of over 100 non-profit, community-based mental health agencies.
- The National Coalition of Mental Health Professionals and Consumers, Inc.: Advocating for mental health patients and professionals via educating the general public about good mental health care and by standing up to fight managed care's abusive practices.
- The stigma of CineMania: CineMania was designed to expose the role of the media in promoting the stigmas associated with mental illness.
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre: Information and resources for people of non-English speaking backgrounds suffering or caring for someone with a mental illness. Translated information also available. Involved in research and education.
- Truehope Mental Health Advocacy and Education Services: Tools built to assist the mentally ill. Includes downloadable and online informational mental health resources.
- Volunteer for Newport Mind Peer Advocacy: Volunteer advocate recruitment for Newport Mind mental health Peer Advocacy in Gwent, South Wales. Full training and supervision provided.