Search Home : Health : Mental Health : Professional Resources : Continuing Education
- Alexandra Richman: Small interactive EMDR trainings. EMDRIA and EMDR-Europe accredited trainer. UK and Ireland.
- Alfred Adler Institute of New York: A post-graduate training institute for mental health professionals.
- American Academy of Experts in Behavioral Health and Safety: Professional continuing education training, professional programs and board certifications focusing on mental health, behavioral health, safety, mental health treatment, ethics and standards of care.
- Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Certification: Provides cross cultural training, workbooks, videos and interactive CD's. Services and materials are provided in Spanish, English, Vietnamese, Russian, and Korean.
- Atlanta Center for Cognitive Therapy: Workshops on Overcoming Mistakes, Child and Adolescent Bipolar, and Ethics. Art Freeman, John Watkins, and Robert Montgomery present.
- Attention Training Institute: The principal intention of the Institute is to further the theory of Reflexive Attention Diversion (RAD) as the single cause of psychological discomfort, and Attention Training as the method to alleviate symptoms. Introduction to Dr. Mastria's method of treatment for symptoms of anxiety, phobias, depression, obsessions and related disorders.
- Behavioral Health - Cicatelli Associates Inc.: Provides training and technical assistance to substance abuse and mental health providers, as well as to health and social service agencies that address addictions and mental illness.
- Boehme Workshops: Clinically based continuing education provider dealing with congenital and acquired injuries to the central nervous system. Educational programs include neurodevelopmental treatment, myofascial release and cranial sacral therapy. United States.
- Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis: Graduate, post-graduate and continuing education in psychoanalytic theory, history, research methods and practice. Located on Beacon St. in Brookline.
- CME on ADHD: Multimedia presentations given by international experts about ADHD. Medical news, link resources, abstracts, learning objectives, and Q&A also available.
- California State University Northridge Workshop Programs: Presenting workshop series for psychotherapists, marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, educators, and counselors. Topics, dates, and locations included.
- Cape Cod Institute: Offering week-long continuing education courses for mental health and management professionals.
- Caring for Care Providers: Dedicated to professional care givers who work with trauma survivers and as a result, may be more vulnerable to compassion fatigue or secondary trauma. Workshops throughout the United States.
- Center for Continuing and Professional Education: Provides many opportunities for professional development and education that meet the specific needs of business, industry, healthcare, teachers and government agencies. Southwest Missouri State University.
- Center for Somatic Studies: Founded on the principle that movement processes are the root of all psychological functioning and that awareness of bodily experience is crucial to both psychological and physical health. Classes, workshops, and supervision in New York City.
- Center of Strategic Therapy: Performs research, consulting, training and brief psychotherapies. Includes the School of Communication and Problem Solving which offers consulting, training and interventions on organizations. Workshops held annually in Italy.
- Centre for Staff Team Development: Offering supervision training in the UK, South Africa,and Ireland. Devised by the authors of Supervision in the Helping Professions.
- Centre for Stress Management: Stress management training and counselling programmes. Also information about stress auditing. Includes self-help material. London.
- Christopher J. Alexander, Ph.D.: Professional training in child and family therapy, for psychologists, counselors, and social workers. Continuing education in child and family mental health.
- Cicatelli Associates Inc. - The Substance Abuse and Alcoholism Training Institute: Offers specialized training for providers of alcohol or drug abuse (AOD) treatment centers, mental health service providers, and other interested health care providers.
- Clinical Supervision Resources For Psychiatric Nurses: Provides resources for nurses carrying out clinical supervision and for continuous professional development in both statutory, voluntary and private sector health care. UK based.
- Cognitive Workshops: Cognitive therapy training for mental health professionals in the United States, Canada and England.
- College of St. Scholastica: A program for college faculty that offers an opportunity for training with nationally experts in research methodology related to psychology of aging.
- Community Program Innovations: Offering continuing education for mental health professionals and educators. Workshops are held in Massachusetts or trainers can be sent to locations in the United States.
- Continuing Education for Mental Health and Addictions Professionals by Program Services: Approved continuing education seminars in Florida for licensed mental health professionals, certified addictions professionals, licensed nurses, and certified employee assistance professionals.
- DTA Resources: Provider of workshops and independent studies for continuing education credit to professional counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and other mental health professionals. Texas.
- EMDR Training and Consultancy: Longest established UK provider of high quality accredited EMDR training and treatment. Training format and schedule.
- East Side Insititute for Short Term Psychotherapy: An international research and training center for performance social therapy and other new approaches to human development and community. Headquartered in New York City.
- Education on PTSD and Domestic Violence: Workshops offered in the United States.
- Ethics in Mental Health and Social Work: Waguespack seminars and workshops, authorized by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners offers this CEU course of 6 contact hours. Social Workers and other health care professionals encouraged to consider this quality offering for their professional CEU requirements.
- Expanding Connections: Spirituality and Healthcare: A training program for health care professionals. Provides programs for administrators whose primary concern is patients and their staff members. Training program in spiritual and religion needs of patients, and stress reduction in workplace for health care professionals.
- FDP Personal and Professional Development: Accredited training and resources for professionals working with survivors of childhood abuse, trauma, neglect. Located in Loughton, Essex, UK.
- Family Therapy Training Program: Program focuses on narrative approaches to thinking about and doing therapy. Customized training options include individual supervision, `group` case consultation, family of origin groups, and consultation. Offered by the Ann Arbor Center for the Family, Michigan.
- Film tx: Continuing education movies for California MFTs, LCSWs, psychologists, and other mental health professionals.
- Florida State University - Rural Victimization Project: Online domestic abuse training tutorials offered for human service professionals.
- Gerry Grossman Seminars: California MFT licensure preparation and continuing education studies for LMFTs and LCSWs. Self study materials and online CEU tests.
- Gestalt Institute of Austin: A federated community of Gestaltists who are engaged in the professional training and supervision of students. GIA faculty also conduct community based Gestalt classes and workshops for the personal growth and development of interested individuals.
- Harvard Medical School - Continuing Education: This site provides a comprehensive listing of over 180 postgraduate medical education programs. On-line registration is possible for both live courses as well as home study programs. Sample syllabi contribuitions are posted. Courses are developed by Harvard Medical School Faculty from over 18 affiliated teaching hospitals.
- Health Talk Seminars: A professional continuing education organization. Purpose is to provide seminars for Licensed Mental Health Professionals in the state of California.
- Holt Adams Seminars: Workshops offered in Texas to mental health professionals. Workshops on ethics, hypnosis, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- IRMA Training: Offers courses in dealing with aggression and violence. Aims to help staff to gain an understanding of aggression, how it develops and impart skills and knowledge on how to deal with it.
- Impact Training and Consultation: Specialises in responding to violence, suicide, and trauma in social work, housing, and health services. UK based.
- Integrative Body Psychotherapy: Offers the therapist and client a unique way of tracking body-mind interruptions to the somatic core sense of self.
- International Primal Association Summer Convention 2002: The 30th annual IPA convention features primal and deep-feeling based workshops, speakers and discussions, as well as women's and men's support groups, yoga, massage and bodywork. August 27 - September 2, 2002 in Elmer, New Jersey.
- International Traumatology Institute of Denver: Offers crisis management training for professionals.
- Iranian Institute of Higher Health: Courses include interdisiplinary health studies, ethnomedicine of Iran, and communicative-therapeutic action.
- JCK Training: Designs and facilitates tailor-made and 'off the shelf' courses and course materials for professionals involved in the care and support of mentally disordered people. Helps organizations in the United Kingdom meet their training needs.
- L'Istituto di Gestalt H.C.C.: Psychotherapy and training Institute.
- Lake Tahoe Wellness Institute Inc.: Using the Enneagram, LTWI teaches professional, personal and relationship development. Earn CEU's and write off expenses as tax deduction.
- Lifespan Learning Institute: Seminars for mental health professionals. Child development, attachment disorders, narcissism, marital therapy, and social work.
- Madison Institute of Medicine: Mental health resources include continuing education programs, patient information guides on a variety of mental health topics like depression, OCD, trichotillomania, cognitive behavior therapy, and medications.
- Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy: Comprehensive post graduate education in therapy, counseling, and supervision.
- Manor House Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling: Located in north London the centre offers psychodynamic training courses and supervision, including a BACP accredited diploma.
- Marriage and Family Therapy Licensure Exam Review: Multiple choice practice questions, descriptions, and mnemonics. Sections include study buddies, strategies for passing the exam, registry, and audio clips.
- Medical Education Services, Inc.: Offers seminars, conferences, and advanced training workshops on a variety of topics including healthcare, psychology, nursing, mental health, abuse, and education. Continuing education credit information included.
- Mental Health Licensure Review NCMHCE NCE: Test prep site for NCE, NCMHCE exam in Mental Health Counseling licensure exam and NBCC certification.
- New Directions: Training for counselors working with adolescents with drug use issues. Effective outpatient treatment for adolescents experiencing substance abuse and addiction: from assessment to discharge. Workshops in California.
- New Directions: Adolescent addiction counselor training. Two day seminar includes a comprehensive training manual, complete with the program materials. California.
- Object Relations Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis: Postgraduate certificate programs focusing on Object Relations Theorists i.e., Klein, Fairbairn, Winnicott, Mahler. Evening classes. Annual workshop series and conferences. Referral service. New York.
- Occupational Psychology Services: Offers a wide range of services, including organisational behaviour, psychometrics training, career development, and counselling.
- Omega Theater: Training in Drama Therapy toward credentialing as a Registered Drama Therapist; also other workshops in organizational development, transpersonal drama therapy and educational theater productions. Massachusetts.
- On Good Authority: Continuing education for psychology and social work professions. Mental health professionals can now listen to "On Good Authority's" audio cassette tapes and earn continuing education credits on their own time. Galena, IL.
- Outcomes Builders: Research summaries, training, outcomes studies, and strategic planning for addictions agencies, to improve treatment outcomes.
- Park Center, Inc. - Professional Training Series: A listing of the continuing education workshops for mental health professionals. Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Partners for Collaborative Solutions: Provide workshops on solution-oriented brief family therapy, collaborative systemic family therapy, and therapeutic improvisation and creative use of self in systemic therapy for helping professionals.
- Portnoy Associates: Psychologists helping divorce lawyers and their clients. Offers workshops, consultations to practices, and divorce coaching (Boston only).
- Postnatal Depression Training: Provides skills-based training, to identify Postnatal Depression (PND) by appropriate use of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) and to provide planned, structured, focussed intervention using techniques derived from Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Process Therapy Institute: CE classes for marriage and family therapists, licensed clinical social workers, nurses, and teachers. South San Francisco Bay Area. Live and online classes.
- Professional Development Resources: A nonprofit educational organization that provides health care professionals with accredited continuing education through home study and online courses on topics that are vital to contemporary clinical practice.
- Professional Psych Seminars, Inc.: Offering continuing education courses and home study classes on mental health issues. Classes in California or online.
- PsychEd Concepts Inc.: Offers a package of materials for mental health therapists and school counselors for child anger management.
- Rational Living Therapy Institute: Provides complete information on Rational Living Therapy (a cognitive-behavioral therapy) including training and certification opportunities.
- Rea Training Associates: Specialises in corporate training. Offers training in risk assessment, substance abuse, aggression management, and adult mental health.
- Regent University School of Psychology and Counseling: Offers information and opportunities to pursue a graduate/professional education in the fields of psychology, community counseling, school counseling, and pastoral/lay counseling, in residence and on-line from a Judeo-Christian worldview.
- Risking Connection: A Trauma Training Curriculum: Training curriculum for mental health professionals and paraprofessionals in the treatment of survivors of psychological trauma. United States.
- Sage Place: Workshops and retreats offered by Dr. Fowles to social workers and other mental health professionals in the North and Southeastern United States.
- Schema Therapy: An innovative, integrative psychotherapy combining cognitive, behavioral, gestalt, and object relations therapies for treating long-term psychological problems. Workshops available in the US.
- Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute: Provides Masters Degree (MSc) programmes in Gestalt, Integrative and TA psychotherapy, PG Diploma in counselling and Doctor of Psychotherapy. Nottingham, UK.
- The Art Therapy Institute: Provides admission information, course catalogs, schedules, and general information about art therapy to prospective art therapy students and mental health professionals. Dallas, Texas.
- The Association of Psychological Therapies: State of the art training courses and other pyschology related resources.
- The Austin Center for Reality Therapy and Quality School Support: Approved continuing education for counselors, social workers, psychologists, marriage and family therapists and other mental health professionals. Texas.
- The Behavioral Technology Transfer Group: Develops and applies the most effective and efficient methods of training and provides a range of opportunities to learn state of the art treatments to a competent level. Workshops available throughout the United States.
- The Center for Self Leadership: Focuses on expand the training, consulting, clinical, and research activities of Internal Family System Model of psychotherapy. Includes overview of the IFS model, introduction, basic and advanced coursework, and contacts.
- The Cheers Project: Research and instruction in the use of active humour to reduce stress, improve mental and physical health and increase creativity. Canadian based.
- The Concept of Addiction: Breakthrough distinctions for addiction and recovery science. Learn new paradigms for nondurg addiction theory and treament.
- The London College of Clinical Hypnosis: Provides training facilities for students and engages in extensive empirical research in this field.
- The Play Therapy Training Institute, Inc.: Offering seminars during the summer of 2000. Play therapy instruction will be available in all major approaches and techniques.
- The Sheffield Drug Action Team: Providing information on funding, substance misuse related training courses and conferences throughout the UK.
- The Sturbridge Group: Bereavement training for medical and human service professionals. Calendar of workshops offered throughout the United States.
- The Wellness Institute: Offers training in hypnotherapy, breathwork, and psychodrama to Masters and Ph.D. level psychotherapists. The training is experiential, well-documented, and approved by many state licensing Boards and professional Associations.
- Theotherapy Training: Direction For Life is a UK based Christian counsellor training organisation. Course details and organisation information.
- Turvey Groupwork: Outline of `group` therapy services and `group` therapy training courses at the Turvey Centre and Turvey Institute.
- US Journal Training: Certified provider of CEUs for nurses, psychologists, social workers, counselors, and alcohol and drug Counselors. Workshops and virtual conferences.
- University of Missouri International Center for Psychosocial Trauma: To train mental health professionals and teachers to work with psychologically war traumatized children and families.
- Wilson Sexual Abuse Graduate Education Program: Curriculum to enhance skills for treating adult and child victims of sexual abuse.
- Youth Change: Workshops for professionals which offer help, interventions, and answers for troubled youths.