Search Home : Health : News and Media : Publications : Journals
- American Journal of Sports Medicine: Official publication of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. It is published bimonthly and contains original articles that have undergone peer review.
- American Society for Artificial Internal Organs Journal: Information about this peer reviewed journal. Includes the complete full text of past and current issues.
- Annual Review of Nutrition: Full text articles from this peer-reviewed journal.
- Asian Student Medical Journal: Managed by medical students, from editing to web-designing and hosting. Published entirely on the internet and is available free for medical students.
- BioMed Central: An online journal publishing peer-reviewed research across all areas of biology and medicine with immediate, barrier-free access for all, plus commentary, reviews, collaboration tools, and database links.
- Brian Marriott MD's Guide: A free, comprehensive guide to medical information available on the internet.
- Brief Treatment and Crisis Intervention: Interdisciplinary quarterly journal serving researchers, administrators, and practitioners from all disciplines.
- British Columbia Medical Journal: Quality clinical and review articles with theme issues devoted to a particular discipline or disease entity. Editorials, book reviews, letters and opinions.
- British Medical Bulletin: A series of expert reviews on selected health topics in fields where significant new developments are occurring. Aimed at non-specialists and postgraduate medics.
- Calicut Medical Journal: A refereed online biomedical journal published by the CMC alumni association.
- Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics: Designed to address the challenges of biology, medicine and healthcare. An international journal for healthcare ethics and ethics committees.
- Canadian Medical Association Journal: A peer-reviewed international general medical journal published biweekly, 2 volumes per year.
- Casemix Quarterly: European journal dedicated to patient classification for health services evaluation and financing tools.
- Current Reports: Bimonthly literature review journals covering the latest research, clinical studies, and pharmacologic advances.
- European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery: Official journal of the European Society for Vascular Surgery. Useful only for physicians.
- Evidence-Based Medicine Online: Current issue, collections, full texts and a search and browse feature.
- Fasthealth Journal Links: Links to the major journals of all medical specialities.
- Free Medical Journals: Lists a large number of medical journals that currently provide free full-text access on the WWW.
- Harcourt Health Sciences Journals: Journal homepages for over 75 health journals.
- Hardin MD: Free Medical Journals: A list of free medical journals that are searchable in the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database.
- Health Education Journal: Published quarterly and carries original papers on health education, health promotion, health research and policy development. Subscription details, current contents and abstracts of articles.
- Health Informatics Europe: Web-based official journal of the European Federation for Medical Informatics.
- Health Services Research Journal: Provides those engaged in research, public policy formulation, and health services management with the latest findings, methods, and thinking on important policy and practice issues.
- Hong Kong Medical Journal: Provides search and retrieval service for articles published after 1985 on various disciplines in medicine. Abstracts and full-text articles available on-line.
- Hospital Practice: Covers developments in the practice of medicine for a broad spectrum of physicians.
- Human Reproduction Update: Published on behalf of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). Provides comprehensive critical and balanced reviews covering all areas of human reproduction.
- In Vivo: In Vivo is a multidisciplinary journal designed to bring together original high quality works and reviews on experimental and clinical biomedical research within the frame of comparative physiology and pathology.
- International Journal for Quality in Health Care: The peer-reviewed journal publishes papers in all disciplines related to the quality and safety of health care.
- International Journal of Integrated Care: Collects and makes available international, English-language, peer-reviewed scientific articles on the subject of integrated care. Features research and theory, projects and development, policy and recommended books.
- International Journal of Medical Sciences: International refereed journal publishes leading research papers in all areas of medical sciences from basic research to clinical and experimental work.
- International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care: A forum for those interested in the assessment of medical technology, its consequences for patients and its impact on society.
- Internet Medical Journal: Medical news, pearls, and a powerful search tool.
- JMAP: A multidisciplinary journal for an audience of all health care professions.
- Journal of Clinical Research: Specialises in the publication of studies determining the efficacy of new clinical interventions from Phase I to post-marketing investigations.
- Journal of Korean Medical Science: International, peer-reviewed, general medical journal published in English bimonthly by the Korean Academy of Medical Sciences. Aims at publishing evidence-based, scientifically written articles from different disciplines of medical sciences.
- Journal of Medical Economics: Publishes quality economic assessments of novel therapeutic interventions for an international audience.
- Journal of Medical Internet Research: International scientific peer-reviewed journal on all aspects of research, information, and communication in the healthcare field using Internet and Intranet-related technologies.
- Journal of Medical Screening: Quarterly journal covers all aspects of medical screening and aims to focus on a multidisciplinary and currently fragmented subject to provide guidance for the effective evaluation and implementation of screening methods.
- Journal of Outcomes Research: Specialises in the publication of studies determining the effectiveness of medical treatmentwith measurements of therapeutic and/or preventative outcomes.
- Journal of Pakistan Medical Association: Journals from various medical fields are available online. Users must subscribe to view some of the articles.
- Journal of Postgraduate Medicine: Provides full text of this quarterly biomedical journal covering specialities from basic and clinical sciences.
- Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development: Covers issues about low vision and blindness.
- Journal of the American Medical Directors Association: Peer-reviewed bimonthly publication of AMDA, provides coverage of the issues most important to medical and nursing professionals providing long-term elder care.
- Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine: Current and archived issues reflecting current thinking and practice across a range of specialties. Subscription information included.
- Journals Scan Online: Resources on current developments in the fields of Medicine and Health. Articles from journals that provide evidence for treatment, diagnosis or prognosis.
- LWWonline: Gateway for Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins journals, allows visitors to browse, search and view online content and register for online services.
- MedBioWorld: Directory of bioscience and medical journals and medical and health professions associations.
- Medical Humanities: Subscription details, top ten articles and medline searching provided by this interdisciplinary journal of humanities.
- Medical Journals: Links to medical journal homepages in over 50 subject categories.
- Medical Journals from Cambridge University Press: 10 medical journals with full text online, abstracts and tables of contents, subscription and submission details and individual article purchases.
- Medical Science Monitor: Interdisciplinary medical journal published bi-monthly.
- Mexican Index of Biomedical Journals: Includes both an English and a Spanish version.
- Microvascular Research: Dedicated to the dissemination of fundamental information related to the microvascular field. Full-length articles presenting the results of original research and brief communications are featured.
- New England Journal of Medicine: Peer-reviewed medical journal online featuring current medical research information, reviews and articles for biomedical science, internal medicine and clinical practice.
- Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences: India's peer-reviewed, online, free-access biomedical journal. Publishes articles of contemporary interest and original works of biomedical professionals.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI Online): First published in 1925, the journal attracts original articles on the clinical, microbiological, behavioural, epidemiological, social, and historical aspects of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Sultan Qaboos University Medical Sciences Journal: Information on this peer reviewed publication available both in print and online. The Journal caters to all types of medical research in the Middle East, especially in Oman.
- The Clinics of North America: Expert reviews of current diagnosis and treatment by topic.
- The Gerontologist: Bimonthly journal of The Gerontological Society of America providing a multidisciplinary perspective on human aging. Free online trial ends in July 2001.
- The Journal of Applied Research: Presents fundamental scientific, diagnostic and treatment knowledge gained from prospective and retrospective research.
- The Journal of Clinical Investigation: Web site for The Journal of Clinical Investigation. Access is free to all.
- The Osler Medical Journal: Published by the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine resident housestaff.
- Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences: Published bi-monthly. Current issue and archives online.
This category in other languages: