Search Home : Health : Pharmacy : Drugs and Medications
[A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z ]
- Corey Nahman.com: Links to pharmaceutical information and drugs databases, for professionals and consumers.
- MedicationSense: Contains informative articles written by a physician who is a recognized expert in the field of medication side effects. Articles are designed to provide an objective analysis of topical issues related to drug therapy.
- ALtruis Biomedical Network: Collection of websites focusing on quality information in healthcare and biomedical research.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR): 1997 CERCLA Priority List of Hazardous Substances which are determined to pose the most significant potential threat to human health due to their known or suspected toxicity and potential for human exposure.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR): 2003 CERCLA Priority List of Hazardous Substances which are determined to pose the most significant potential threat to human health due to their known or suspected toxicity and potential for human exposure.
- Allexperts Pharmacy & Drug Q&A: Professional pharmacists and others answer your questions about drugs and medicine for free.
- Anti-Cancer Vaccine for Different Tumors and Cancer Treatment: Today, the anti-cancer vaccines are successfully used for the prophylaxis and treatment of malignant and benign tumors.
- Ask A Pharmacist: A pharmacist emails answers to questions about medicines, drug interactions, new drugs, foreign drug equivalents - chat by appointment.
- Avoiding the Hazards of Medical Gases: FDA Consumer magazine feature article on medical gases, the most frequently administered drugs in the U.S.
- Before You Buy: Learn how to save money on your children's prescription medications, including using generics, splitting pills, using a prescription drug benefit program, comparing prices and getting a three month supply.
- British National Formulary: Compiled with the advice of clinical experts this essential reference provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing and administering medicines.
- CenterWatch Clinical Trials Listing Service: Designed to be a `resource` for both patients and research professionals, this site contains a variety of information related to clinical trials.
- Clinical Pharmacology 2000: Electronic drug reference and drug therapy management site. Requires registration.
- Concordance: Aims to stimulate research and debate about concordance. Promote patient involvement in medicine taking and decisions about healthcare.
- Consumer Drug Info - FDA: Brief consumer oriented information on recently approved products with links to full prescribing information in pdf format (requires the Adobe Acrobat reader).
- Cyto-Pharma: Offers company, VitaminB17, amygdalin, and Cyprenil information. A Cancer Cure with alternative medicine. Includes contact details for pricing.
- Dear Pharmacist: Medical advice and tips on medications.
- Drug Doses of Commonly Prescribed Medications: Virtual Hospital: University of Iowa Family Practice Handbook, 3rd Edition.
- Drug InfoNet: Drug and disease information with answers to common health related questions.
- Drug Information: Official package insert information and patient package inserts, both available by brand name, generic name, manufacturer and therapeutic class, for health professionals , consumers and patients. Drug InfoNet.
- Drug Overdose: Information from Fasthealth.com, including guidance on first aid.
- DrugDigest: Includes details about trade name and generic prescriptions, vitamins, herbs, supplements, over-the-counter medications, drug safety and side effects, health conditions and treatment tips, medication interactions and other pharmaceutical-related topics.
- DrugFacts.com: Includes resources for pharmacists and health care professionals, comparative data, drug interaction guides, and patient counseling resources.
- DrugInfoZone: Medicine information for UK healthcare professionals. It contains pharmacy, medical and drug related publications, news and current awareness.
- DrugResearcher: Daily news on drug discovery and development. Free access to news on drug research , screening, genomics/proteomics and molecular biology in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
- Drugs Information: Consultants, drug information, medical research, pharmaceuticals and medical products supplies.
- Drugs.com: Online drug information in an A to Z format. Includes information about clinical trials, latest news, drug interactions, and a pill identifier.
- Drugs@FDA: A searchable catalog of FDA approved drug products both prescription and otc. The databse includes information such as therapeutic equivalents and links to documents relating to approval.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium: This site provides the UK approved information sheets for prescription medicines. It is the up-to-date, official and comprehensive source of information about medicines prescribed in the UK.
- Erowid Psychoactive Vaults: Library of information about psychoactive plants and drugs.
- European Surveillance of Antimicrobial Consumption (ESAC): If you want to know what's going on with antibiotics in Europe, this is a pretty good place to start.
- Explore: Dictionary of Drugs and Medications: Includes over 3,000 drug-related terms. Categorizes medications by disease, function and anatomy.
- Extant Medical Clinic: Providing medical legal evaluation of neurologic symptoms thought due to adverse events from medication and vaccines.
- Farmamondo.com: Provides pharmaceutical information to Health professionals but can be of interest to the public as well. It provides instant information on some of the most innovative recently released international medicines, the moment they are put on the market anywhere in the world, and makes possible their immediate distribution.
- German Pharmaceutical Database: Includes German, European and international drug databases and drug related information.
- HealthLink MCW: Offers a question and answer about the pharmaceutical companies sponsorship of drug studies. It questions whether information presented is compromised by a profit motive.
- HealthSquare: HealthSquare provides access to high quality drug, disease and wellness information written by healthcare professionals specifically for the layperson. The site contains the complete PDR Family Guide to prescription drugs, as well as the Guide to Women's Health and the Encyclopedia of Medical Care. Together these resources provide in depth coverage all the healthcare issues confronting women and their families today.
- Healthtouch: Find information about more than 7,000 prescription and over-the-counter medications, including common uses of a drug, the proper ways to use the medicine, possible side effects, and other helpful information.
- HelpingPatients.org: PhRMA and its member companies present an interactive web site that provides a comprehensive one-stop link to thousands of medicines offered through hundreds of patient assistance programs sponsored by member companies, non-member companies and government and local organizations.
- Internet Mental Health: Medications: Canadian monographs about psychiatric medications, covering: phramacology, indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse effects, overdose, dosage and research.
- Johnson & Johnson MSD - U.K.: Information on some common over the counter medications with advice for most frequent minor medical issues.
- Keep Kids Healthy: Children's Medicine Cabinet: A guide to using medications safely in children, including a description of common ingredients, lists of new medications and treatments and dosages for common over the counter medicines.
- KidsMeds: Providing pediatric drug information to parents about children's medications; Parents can submit a question to the Pediatric Pharmacist and receive a detailed answer within 24 hours.
- King Guide to Parenteral Admixtures: IV drug compatibility and stability reference. Updated quarterly in print, CD-ROM, HTML & Palm OS formats.
- Learning How to Swallow a Pill: Why children have trouble swallowing pills and what you can do about it.
- Lifeclinic.com: On-line drug checker: information on prescription and over-the-counter drugs and herbal medications. Resource for information about prevalent health conditions.
- Lothian Joint Formulary: Site provides guidance on first and second choice drugs for the Lothian, Scotland hospitals. It also contains prescribing notes, key messages on best practice, and guidance on appropriate and cost-effective prescribing.
- MJ Powers and Co.: Offers a number of drug alert newsletters dealing with the safety and efficacy of drugs and therapies in that particular discipline. [Requires Java]
- Mayo Clinic Drug Information: USP database of information for over 8,000 prescription and over the counter drugs. Includes medication directions and drug side effects, reference articles on drug and medicine uses and the latest medications and pharmaceutical research.
- MedLibrary.org: Provides free access to a medication database covering roughly 500 drugs, plus a regularly-updated selection of the latest medical news headlines.
- Medication Wizard: Educates people about different types of medicine for people and pets.
- MedicationAdvisor: Provides computer-generated analyses of the safety of a drug profile, including interactions, side effects, dosing, and hazards. (Advanced, highly detailed reports are available as a subscription.)
- Medications Used in Multiple Sclerosis: Information about specific drugs, including brand and generic names, MS symptoms treated, side effects, and other details.
- Medicine Net: All about Medication: An easy-to-follow format to help consumers choose which medications to take for specific conditions that are most appropriate for their needs.
- MedicineNet: Medications and Over the Counter Drugs: A complete list of commonly prescribed medications with a user friendly food and drug interaction tool.
- Mental Health Medications Index: Profiles of medications prescribed for mental disorders.
- Mosby's GenRx: Complete guide to prescribing information on generic and brand name drugs. Available as a book, CD-ROM, or internet subscription.
- NCPA: Medication and Side Effects: This article, written by Glenn Brynes, M.D., explains why medications can cause both beneficial and unwanted effects.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: NHRT resources, information, author's personal experience.
- New Medicines in Development for Women: Dr. Donnica discusses the different types of ongoing research for women's health and how women can become involved in clinical trials.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada - Our Products: Offers a complete list of Novartis' prescription products in Canada, linking to the requisite patient and prescribing information
- Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.: Pharmaceutical manufacturer's site provides information for UK patients and health care professionals.
- PDR's Getting Well Network: Use this site to learn more about detecting, preventing, and treating a variety of medical conditions.
- Personal Health Zone: Drug Interactions: Information on potential interactions between prescription drugs and herbs, vitamins and supplements.
- Pharmacy & Health Information - TostePharmD.net: Information on Pharmacy, Medicine & Health topics for the professional & consumer.
- Psychiatric Medications Patient Information: This page contains patient instructions for the use of medications, prescribed to treat various psychiatric conditions.
- RXmed: Prescribing information for physicians, patient handouts on over 400 illnesses and health `resource` links.
- RxFactStat: Information on new FDA approvals, patient and prescribing information.
- RxList: Searchable cross index of US prescription products providing links to full prescribing information as well as patient education material.
- Safe Medication: Medication search engine, information on safety and useful content on how to take medicines most effectively.
- South African Electronic Package Inserts: Prescribing information for drugs available in South Africa.
- Stockley Drug Interactions: Drug Interactions by Ivan Stockley is the world's most detailed and extensive international reference book on drug interactions. Covering prescription drug interaction it is available on the Virtual Health Network.
- Swallowing Difficulties: Practical advice for patients who can’t swallow tablets, their carers and healthcare professionals who administer medicines to patients with swallowing difficulties.
- The Consulting Pharmacist 2000: A site where all your medication and pharmacological questions can be answered. Reference materials and health care products available.
- The Medical Directory - Drugs and Medications: Resource for students. Includes pharmacy definitions, information on clinical trials, drug interactions and toxicity as well as some commonly used drugs.
- The Parkinson List Drug Database Index: Comprehensive and easy-to-understand patient information from this collection of 140 drug definitions. Consumer factsheet provides drug description, explains the medicine's mechanism of action, and lists side effects and drug interactions including relative risk of using with Parkinson's medications.
- Therapeutic and Structural Classification of Prescription Drugs: Teaching Web site for pharmacy and medical professionals.
- Thomas J. Moore: The Drug Safety Problem: Shows how the drug safety system may and may not protect consumers from adverse effects. Includes articles about the FDA, antidepressants, and nutritional supplements.
- USPharmD.com Drug Information: Drug Information Resources Directory for consumer and pharmacist.
- VirtualMedicalgroup.com: Internet site for patient-physician interaction.
- Yahoo! Health - Drug Index: Detailed information on prescription and over-the-counter medications including description, use, dosage, storage, precautions, and side effects.
- Your Personal Pharmacist: Registered Pharmacist provides individualized answers to medication questions for the consumer by telephone or e-mail, in easy to understand language.
- drugscontrol.org: Indian Drug Laws.
- eMedicine Health: Prescription Medicine: Information about prescription medicine, including what questions to ask your doctor and what to do at the pharmacy.
This category in other languages: