Search Home : Health : Professions : Midwifery : Education
- Ancient Art Midwifery Institute: Midwifery and childbirth educator training in a distance learning format. Scholarships are available.
- Birthing From Within Childbirth Education: Offers workshops, resources, and a book for professionals and parents.
- Birthingway College of Midwifery: MEAC accredited 3 year degree program training direct-entry midwives. Located in Portland, Oregon.
- Comadres Institute: Comadres Institute offers programs and personalized educational retreats focusing on Healing and Empowerment, Honoring Midwives' and Women's Wisdom, Celebrating Women's Cycles and Mother Nature, Exploring Sacred Ways of Birthing, Water Birth, and instructor certification in American AquaNatal, a prenatal water fitness and educational program developed by midwife Marina Alzugaray.
- Critical Visions: Critical care and specialty nursing and midwifery education consultants based in Australia.
- Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing: The home of nurse-midwifery in the US, providing innovative education for aspiring midwives.
- International Center for Traditional Childbearing: A non-profit African centered organization located in Portland, Oregon, created to promote the health of women and their families and to train Black women aspiring to become midwives.
- McMaster University Midwifery Education Programme: Program overview, requirements and course offerings leading to a B.H.Sc. in Midwifery. Ontario, Canada.
- Michigan School of Traditional Midwifery: Three year direct entry midwifery education by correspondence. Annual workshops, midwifery newsletter, and scholarships.
- Midwifery Education: List of resources for schools, continuing education, certification and financial aid from the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
- Midwifery Schools: List sorted by country or US schools by state, from Motherstuff.
- NaturalHealers.com - Midwifery Schools Q and A: Provides information for people interested in becoming a midwife, including a directory of schools.
- Oregon Midwifery: Midwifery resources for Oregon. Includes schools, professional organizations, links, birth stories.
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center - Midwifery Education Program: A health professions school located in Brooklyn, New York. Offers Advanced Certificate in Midwifery, Master of Science in Midwifery, and Master of Science in Nursing (concentration Nurse Midwifery). These programs have been accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
- Seattle Midwifery School: Private, nonprofit organization that offers training programs for direct-entry midwives, doulas, postpartum doulas, and childbirth educators.
- Sharing the Skills: Sharing the knowledge of experienced practitioners, in breech birth, twins and other unusual normal births, to other professionals providing maternity services. Offers workshops. UK.
- Stepping Stones to Midwifery: A full year program introducing the Midwifery Model of Care through study and practical experience.
- The Art of Midwifery: Offers programs for midwives, aspiring midwives, doulas, and pregnancy courses for women and couples. Includes articles and list of workshops.
- The Russian Birth Project: Midwifery internship and Orthodox service mission in a maternity hospital in St. Petersburg, Russia, for student midwives.
- Well Mother: Courses for midwives focusing on the use of shiatsu and massage, aiming to develop sensitive and holistic care.