Search Home : Health : Professions : Social Worker
- Care and Health: Social work and health care guide with links, articles, and forums covering child and adult care, and social care careers and training.
- Center for Child and Family Studies: As a division of the University of South Carolina's College of Social Work, the Center provides research, training, and support in the fields of health and human services. Site includes full text research papers, ordering information for products and services, and a staff directory.
- Center on Urban Poverty and Social Change: Offers current research and projects, reports, staff directory and biographies, and employment opportunities.
- Clinical Social Work: Created by direct practice clinician, Pat McClendon, this is one of the first sites on the web (1995) for social workers. Focuses on treatment for survivors of trauma and abuse, but links to many general practice resources.
- Clinical Social Work Federation, Inc.: Offers organizational and membership information, code of ethics, legislative updates, insurance information, and list of publications.
- Community Systems Research Institute: Offers news, recent presentations, current projects, and publications.
- Journal of Social Work Education: Index of past issues from 1997 to the present. Limited number of full text articles; abstracts are available for all items.
- Maelstrom: An archival `resource` from St. John's University.
- Narrative Space: Describes the work of Greg Nooney, licensed independent social worker, the narrative therapy model which emphasises that the person is not the problem; the problem is the problem.
- New Social Worker: Quarterly magazine for students and recent graduates. Includes career information, job postings, articles, message boards, and chat rooms.
- Regional Research Institute for Human Services: Information about the research component of the Graduate School of Social Work, Portland State University.
- Social Work - About.com.: Information about the Social Work Profession including education, ethics issues, health, and general resources.
- Social Work Careers Quiz: Considering a career in social work? Take this quiz from Allyn & Bacon on the profession and issues relevant to social work practice.
- Social Work Graduate School: How To Get In: Information on getting into MSW, DSW, and PhD programs. Includes graduate school rankings, tips on filling out applications and writing essays.
- Social Work Solutions: Part of the Recruitment Solutions Group, UK offers jobs for Social Workers in UK for adults with learning disabilities, adults with physical disabilities, asylum seekers.
- Social Work and Social Care: Explanation of the profession. Links to resources and courses.
- Social Work and Social Services Web Sites: A directory compiled by the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University. Contains a regularly-updated list of over 100 topics relevant to social work practice with accompanying links to online resources in those subject areas.
- Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care: An association dedicated to promoting the universal availability, accessibility, coordination, and effectiveness of health care that addresses the psychosocial components of health and illness. You may order publications, join SSWLHC, or chat online.
- The Society for Social Work and Research: Professional membership society for social workers who are interested in research. Site provides conference schedule, membership information, and contact information for board members.
- Web of Ed: Online continuing education provider for licensed social services professionals including social workers, professional counselors, psychologists, and others. Searchable by type of professional, course subject, and state of approval.
- World Wide Web Resources for Social Workers: A comprehensive directory of topics relevant to the field of social work maintained as a joint effort between New York University's Ehrenkranz School of Social Work and the Mount Sinai-NYU Medical Center.