Search Home : Health : Public Health and Safety : Community Health
- Center for Community Health, Education and Research: A Boston based health and social services agency serving the Haitian and Haitian-American community.
- Central District Health Department - Boise, Idaho: A Public Health Resource site. One of Idaho's seven independent public health districts, providing community health services to Ada, Boise, Elmore, and Valley Counties.
- Club Health - Public Health Information: Club Health shares research, policy and practice on health and nightlife. It carries out original research, develops public health information and promotes best practice through an international conference every two years.
- Colorado Healthy People 2010: Promotes wellness with over 100 community-based health programs aimed at providing Coloradoans with tools to help them prevent illness and death.
- Community Health Project - Muskegon: Information on children's programs, health, and educational resources for the community of Muskegon, West Michigan.
- Community Health: Tools of the Trade: Resources assisting the development of community-focused health delivery systems. Includes guidelines, directories and assessment guides.
- Community Tool Box: Guidance in improving community health and development. Offering specific, skill-building information on a variety of community topics.
- Community Voices: Health Care for the Underserved is a five year national health initiative. Working from the community level up, aims to improve the quality and access of health care for the underserved.
- Community and Public Health: The American Medical Student Association promotes awareness and involvement in areas related to keeping communities healthy.
- Community-Based Health Care Models: A series of research-based articles provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Dublin Healthy Cities: A partnership approach to enhancing the health of Dublin, its environment and its people. The site provides information on the concept, the structures, the activities and the publications.
- Health Promotion Online: Online magazine promoting community health through empowerment and participation, from Health Canada.
- Health-Related Quality of Life, CDC: Information about CDC's use of health-related quality of life measures to track population health and identify health disparities in population subgroups, and in state and local communities.
- Hesperian Foundation: Latest news, available books, and ongoing projects of the Foundation. A non-profit organization committed to improving the health of people in poor communities around the world by making health information accessible. (Berkeley, CA)
- Improving Health in the Community: Discusses the use of performance monitoring to improve community health.
- Indiana State Dept. of Health: Health Related Issues in Indiana, with Facts, Data and Reports.
- JWCH Institute: Provides a variety of programs for the underserved segments of Los Angeles county, including HIV prevention, health education and primary medical care.
- Lepra India: LEPRA India is dedicated to improve public health status of the community through implementing control programmes for leprosy and other allied diseases, improving awareness level on health issues, promoting research in health science and rehabilitating the needy and disabled.
- Managing Community Health Services: A `resource` for those working at the community level to improve health. Tools, discussion boards and related links.
- National Association of Community Health Centers: National organization which provides services and technical assistance to health centers in support of their mission to provide health care services to the poor and medically underserved.
- The Community Guide: Provides health professionals and community leaders with information needed for informed decision making on the most effective public health strategies, policies and programs for their communities.
- Using Performance Monitoring to Improve Community Health: Evaluates performance monitoring as a means of evaluating health care delivery in communities.
- WebMD: ZAP Asthma Targets Inner-City Children: Discusses the use of community health workers to screen and teach asthma intervention and prevention to inner-city children and their families in Atlanta.