Search Home : Health : Public Health and Safety : Disease Control and Prevention : Immunizations
- Vaccines, Immunization and Biologicals: The World Health Organization's programme comprises 5 departments : Quality Assurance and Safety of Biologicals (QSB), Vaccine Development (VAD), Vaccine Assessment and Monitoring (VAM), Access to Technologies (ATT) and Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI).
- Children's Vaccine Program at Path: An effort to introduce new vaccines to developing countries. Funded by Bill and Melinda Gates' Foundation.
- EuroELSAV: Ethical, legal and social aspects of vaccine research and vaccinations policies in Europe.
- Immunization & Vaccination: Outlines the importance of immunization and vaccination for adults and children. Also discusses risks and current issues.
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC): Aims to boost immunization rates and prevent disease, with special regard to hepatitis B.
- ImmunoFacts: Deals with US & Canadian vaccine recommendations, state and international vaccine information, practice & safety issues, laws & regulations, and government databases.
- Institute for Vaccine Safety (IVS): Providing up-to-date information and links on specific vaccine safety issues as they arise in the media.
- International Vaccine Institute (IVI): Founded on the belief that health in developing countries can be dramatically improved by the development, introduction and use of new and improved vaccines and that these vaccines should be developed through a dynamic interaction among science, public health, and business.
- National Coalition for Adult Immunization (NCAI): Extensive information on adolescent and adult immunizations. Fact sheets, publications and recommended schedules listed online.
- National Network for Immunization Information (NNii): The mission of the NNii is to provide the public, health professionals, policy makers, and the media with up-to-date, scientifically valid information related to immunization to help them understand the issues and to make informed decisions.
- Protecting Health Through Immunization: Information about vaccine-preventable diseases, vaccine safety, recommended childhood, adolescent, and adult immunization schedules, answers to frequently asked questions, and other information about protecting your health and improving your safety by Aventis Pasteur, Inc.
- Sabin Vaccine Institute: The Albert B.Sabin Vaccine Institute promotes rapid scientific advances in vaccine development, delivery and distribution worldwide.
- Smallpox Vaccine Research: Medical College of Wisconsin researchers have been studying vaccinia virus, which makes up the smallpox vaccine, as a way of understanding how viruses and vaccines work at the cellular level.
- SmithKline Beecham Worldwide Vaccines: A vaccines educational site for healthcare community and public. Sections include vaccine preventable diseases, daily healthcare bulletins, vaccine literature and medical congress databases. (Not intended for US audiences)
- Strategic Health Systems: An information system to help health care providers standardize the way immunizations are administered and recorded.
- Student Vaccines.com: Provides information on student vaccines against meningitis.
- Therapeutic vaccines: Part of Molecular Immunology website. Therapeutic vaccines classified according to components (including live, attenuated, subunit, dendritic cells and DNA vaccines) for infectious agents and tumors.
- US–Indo Vaccine Research Program: Details of a bilateral program involving the USA and India in laboratory-based research, epidemiological studies, field trials, quality control, and delivery of vaccines. A department of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- Vaccination: This tries to help by giving simple facts about the different diseases, their corresponding vaccines / vaccinations and the risks attached to both, places to find guidance and allow you to meet others in the same situation.
- Vaccination Services of America: National provider of vaccination services including flu shots.
- Vaccine: A journal for academics and workers in the field of vaccination. Relevant topics range from basic research through to applications, safety and legislation.
- Vaccine Identification Standards Initiative (VISI): Uniform guidelines and resources for vaccine packaging, labeling, and recording to enhance the safety of vaccination and the accuracy and convenience of transferring vaccine identifying information into medical records and immunization registries.
- Vaccine Information Statements (VIS): Part of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). PDF files of the current statements are handouts for practice displays and to give to patients.
- Vaccine Knowledge Quiz - Active Learning Centre: Tests vaccine knowledge, has database of information.
- Vaccine Page, The: Collects updated information about vaccines and immunology for all audiences.