Search Home : Health : Public Health and Safety : News and Media
- AVMA Public Health Index: Publications and links from the American Veterinary Medical Association on "Mad Cow Disease", psittacosis, rabies and other human/animal interaction topics.
- American Public Health Association: A large collection of public health books and other media available for purchase.
- County Health: By and for county public health workers to share and compare reports of their work in their communities. National and International links and downloadable reports. [Flash intensive]
- CyberSpace: Online Information about Quality and Safety in Health Care: Overview of cultural factors affecting safer health care, efforts to improve patient-provider communication, and lessons from non-medical research disciplines. Contains links to resources to help patients, practitioners, and policymakers improve quality and safety in health care.
- Epi Info: A series of microcomputer programs for word processing, data management and epidemiologic analysis, designed for public health professionals.
- Gryphon Productions Ltd: Documentary video and film productions on a variety of subjects, including aboriginal communities, organizations, government, schools and hospitals.
- HC Information Resources Inc.: Electronic publications on Legionella control, Legionnaires' disease, news, free articles, books and reports.
- Health Education Research: Deals with all the vital issues involved in health education and promotion worldwide.
- HealthierUS.Gov: Provides credible, accurate information to help Americans choose to live healthier lives.
- Healthlink Worldwide: Partners with organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to disseminate information on health and development. Publications include newsletters, `resource` lists, training materials and booklets.
- IDS - International: Provides healthcare information through doctors' waiting rooms and pharmacies. Services include independent market research and development of patient education materials.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Offers a wide range of resources and teaching tools to help health care professionals lead effective improvement efforts, enhance clinical outcomes, and reduce costs. Contains information on research, online discussion groups, publications, and links to other sites.
- Just Ask Our Doctors: Medical reference and referral web site; resources include medical statistics, medical malpractice facts, descriptions of medical conditions, and links to additional healthcare sites.
- Keenan Group: Offers health literacy consulting, writing, health initiatives and campaigns, and presentation to improve communications between health professionals, patients, and families. Emphasizes effective, easy-to-read, culturally appropriate materials.
- Manual of Naval Preventive Medicine: A manual of naval preventive medicine concerning food sanitation, water sanitation, pest control and other public health concerns. (NAVIVIED P-5010)
- Medical College of Wisconsin Healthlink Topics: Public Health: Published by the Office of Clinical Informatics at the Medical College of Wisconsin as a community service. Offers up-to-date public health data.
- NSW Health - Public Health Bulletin: Bulletins on public health issues are published in full-text in Acrobat .PDF format (Acrobat viewer is required). Back issues available. (Australia)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality: Promotes the continuous improvement of quality in healthcare by providing educational and development opportunities for professionals at all management levels and within all healthcare settings. Includes on-line articles from the Journal for Healthcare Quality, position papers, and information on state associations.
- PoisonProducts.org: Health safety news covering the chemicals found in consumer products and personal care products; all content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and intended for educational purposes.
- Positive Populations: Positive Populations is known for its coverage of Correctional and Public Health issues. The website features a fully searchable newsletter archive and forum.
- Preventive Medicine: Devoted to international practice and theory, with authoritative contributions to the field of preventive medicine and public health. Online access requires a subscription.
- Thomson Micromedex: Electronic and printed information for professionals and consumers in healthcare and industry. Databases on pharmacology, toxicology, acute care, patient education, occupational medicine, alternative medicine, chemical & hazardous materials management, environmental safety, and regulatory compliance.
- World Health News: Weekly news digest covering stories on public health issues from around the world. Published by the Center for Health Communication of the Harvard School of Public Health.