Search Home : Health : Public Health and Safety : Rural Health
- Department of Rural Health, Broken Hill: Associated with the University of Sydney, it promotes and supports professional services in remote regions of Australia. Includes details of programmes for doctors, nurses, Aboriginal health workers and school students.
- Institute of Rural Health: Based in Wales, United Kingdom and working with professionals, communities, academic bodies and service organisations to optimise the health of rural communities. Publications, support programmes and research projects.
- Menzies School of Health Research: A multidisciplinary organisation studying infectious and chronic diseases, and community health in northern and central Australia, and nearby offshore regions. Includes information on publications and current projects.
- National Farm Medicine Center: Not-for-profit program studying disease and injury in farmers, ranchers and others in industries related to agriculture.
- National Laboratory for the Study of Rural Telemedicine: University of Iowa (USA) - Encourages interdisciplinary research into the causes, consequences and prevention of communicable, chronic, environmental and occupational diseases in countries with substantial agrarian economies.
- National Rural Behavioral Health Center: Provides information on research, education, and extension center at the University of Florida.
- National Rural Health Network: Providing communication between student clubs across Australia, with details of members, activities and conferences.
- National Rural Health Services Research Database: Funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy. Its goal is to create, disseminate and maintain a database of funded rural health services research projects underway in the United States
- National Rural Special Interest Group: Established by the Australian College of Health Service Executives to promote professional development and comment on issues such as indigenous and mental health. Includes policy documents and information on member organisations.
- North Carolina Rural Health Research and Policy Analysis: The Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research is one of two federally-designated Rural Analysis Centers working to identify problems in rural health.
- North Dakota Office of Rural Health: A state and national `resource` for information in diverse rural health areas.
- Nurseweek/Healthweek|Rural Technology: Latest news and employment opportunities for healthcare professionals. This article is about rural healthcare in America.
- Rural Health Care Delivery: Connecting Communities Through Technology: Overview and case studies of technology tools available to assist health care providers in rural settings. Also explains the collaboration needed to implement the technology, and outlines funding options. Published by California Healthcare Foundation.
- Rural Health Clinic Administration and Operation: Rural health care in Michigan.
- Rural Healthcare in Nebraska: Rural hospitals: fighting for survival.
- Rural Hospital Performance Improvement: Program run by the US Department of Health and Human Services to address challenges faced by small rural hospitals, primarily in the Mississippi Delta region. Progress reports, eligibility guidelines, list of participating hospitals, meeting notes, and related resources offered.
- Rural and Regional: Alcohol and Other Drugs Consultation Forums: A report by the Australian National Council on Drugs. Presents the issues and views arising from a series of community health forums conducted in rural areas across Australia.
- Rural and Remote Health Journal: A free international electronic publication covering research, education, practice and policy. Features current issue and searchable archives.
- Rural and Remote Health in Australia: A project of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission, examining inadequate, inaccessible and diminishing health services. Provides a summary of community feedback, with details of funding and recommendations.
- Rural and Remote Mental Health Service: Providing specialist psychiatric and counselling support to country areas of South Australia, with details of staff and publications.
- RuralSafe: Provides guidelines and suggestions for farms, horticulture and the environment. Fact sheets can be downloaded on managing hazards and safe work practices.
- The Centre for Rural and Northern Health Research: Conducts interdisciplinary studies in order to improve services and access to health care in this region of Ontario, Canada. Provides details of current projects, seminar calendar and FAQ.
- WWAMI Rural Health Research Center: The Center's focus is to perform policy-oriented research on issues related to rural health care. (WWAMI=Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).