Search Home : Health : Reproductive Health : Pregnancy and Birth : Complications
- Baby-Parenting.com: offering a list of common pregnancy complaints and solutions.
- Bleeding During Pregnancy: Patient education on the causes of bleeding during pregnancy, offered in both English and Spanish.
- Blunt Abdominal Trauma During Pregnancy: The major causes of maternal injury are vehicular accidents, falls, and penetrating objects.
- Common Problems of Pregnancy: Concise factsheet on pregnancy. Also available in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Fetal Treatment Program: Offers fetal surgery and other treatment for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome, gastroschisis, omphalocele, and other fetal defects, at Women and Infants' Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island. A joint venture of several regional medical centers. Includes information and links about conditions treated.
- Group B Streptococcus Infections: News, Medline and links to articles about this infection in relation to newborn babies and pregnant women.
- High Risk Pregnancy: Message board for women who are experiencing complications.
- Hydatidiform Mole: Explanation of a rare mass or growth that may form inside the uterus at the beginning of a pregnancy.
- Hydrops Fetalis: Medical report on two consecutive pregnancies with this diagnoses, as well as intrauterine growth retardation and Dysmorphic Syndrome.
- Impact of Short Hospital Stays on the Health and Survival of Newborns: Infants discharged and sent home from the hospital within 30 hours of birth are more likely to die within 28 days of birth, and nearly twice as apt to die during the first year of life than newborns sent home later.
- Itchy Moms: Information about ICP and its risks and complications, includes a definition, symptoms and treatment.
- Keep Kids Healthy: Discusses the benefits and risks of flu shots during pregnancy.
- MAD (Mothers and Diabetes): UK based site providing help and support for diabetic patients who are considering having a family.
- Management of Chronic Hypertension During Pregnancy: Article discussing treatment, possible complications, and monitoring techniques.
- Medical Risks of Epidural Anaesthesia during Childbirth: This site explores the risks undertaken when choosing an epidural for pain management.
- OBCyberBook: Information about various complications of pregnancy.
- Obstetric Diseases and Conditions: General Practice Notebook, offering a list of complications and information on each.
- Prematurity Problem (Perinatal Research Center): Addresses preterm delivery and possible causes.
- Save Babies: Offering information about screening choices, and state requirements. Includes `resource` library, and links to testing facilities.
- StorkNet's Pregnancy Complications Center: Support and information for parents.
- Teratoma Support Group: Provide non-judgemental support and information to newly diagnosed pregnant women with teratomas and information to survivors and their families.
- Tommy's Campaign: Help prevent premature birth, miscarriage and stillbirth. Healthy pregnancy hints, toxoplasmosis, pre-eclampsia, and problem pregnancy are covered by this UK charity.
- Uterine Rupture: A daughter tells of her Mother's experience with this disorder, her delivery, and a prescribed drug called Cytotec.
- White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood: Raising international awareness about the nearly 600,000 women who die each year pregnancy-related complications, worldwide.