Search Home : Health : Resources : Consumer Information
- MEDLINEplus: The National Library of Medicine's authoritative and current database of health information for consumers and health professionals. Coverage includes conditions and diseases, drug information, dictionaries, physician and healthcare directories, and links to other medical resources.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Buying Medical Products Online: Resource for consumers to help them make better buying decisions when shopping online. Includes information on how to determine if a site is legitimate, how to spot health fraud, and how to report fraudulent sites.
- 50+Health: Health topics, lifestyle magazine, discussion forum, news and research.
- A Second Opinion Medical Information Services: Medical treatment options, physician background check service, best hospitals and doctors. (Ft. Walton Beach, FL)[Fee based service - ed]
- Accent Health: Health TV network produced by CNN and delivered to medical waiting rooms across the US. Includes programming guide, articles, and tips for living a healthy lifestyle.
- Access Place Health: Web directory containing links to medical news, specialty sites, and general health information.
- Agency for Health Care Policy and Research: Consumer health and patient information on health plans and insurance, prescriptions, conditions and diseases, surgery, quality of care, quitting smoking, and prevention and wellness.
- America's Best Hospitals: U.S.News & World Report ratings and rankings of the top U.S. medical centers in various specialties.
- AnswerMed.com: Provides basic information on medical conditions and procedures including symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, predicted outcome and alternative diagnoses.
- Apples For Health: Weekly consumer news e-zine on a variety of healthcare topics.
- Ask Dr. Stoll: Offering information about combining conventional and alternative medicine. Bulletin board, articles, and related links.
- Ask a Patient: Provides a database of patient opinions and ratings of medicine effectiveness. Also includes weekly consumer opinion polls on healthcare topics, and a health care research assistance section.
- Beat Your Health Condition: Educates about common age-related health conditions and offers dietary, lifestyle, and nutritional supplement protocols to treat them.
- Best Doctors: Comprehensive knowledge-based medical referral service.
- BluePrint for Health: A health and wellness portal which provides health information, personalized newsletters and interactive health tools.
- Body1.com: Health news and medical information community for consumers.
- C.S.S. Doctor's Credentials Search: Search for a Doctor's Medical School, Board Certification, residence training, licensing, disciplinary action (if any), and other important information.
- CNN Health: Health news, chats and advice from CNN.
- Citypractice.com: Provides information on preventative approaches in physical, behavioural and emotional healthcare.
- Cochrane Consumer Network: This international `group` dedicated to the study of evidence-based medicine, explains how to decipher clinical studies and how to use them when making decisions about medical care.
- Combined Health Information Database: A database produced by health-related agencies of the Federal Government. Provides titles, abstracts, and availability information for health information and health education resources.
- Consumer Laboratory Testing Information: A thorough guide to medical laboratory tests, why they are performed, and what they might mean.
- CountryNurse.com: Includes information on clinics, family wellness, disease prevention, diet, exercise and pharmacies.
- Digital City - Health: Health resources and providers across the United States.
- Discovery Health: Offers news and a variety of health information resources.
- Diseases, Disorders and Related Topics: Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Comprehensive listings of links to medical information, most reliable, some not.
- Doctor Healthynet: Offers diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases, medical procedures, preventive health guidelines, and sources of free medicines.
- Dr. Gabe Mirkin: Reports on health, fitness, and nutrition news from talk show host Gabe Mirkin, M.D., in text and audio form.
- Dr. Koop's Community: Former Surgeon General Koop's resources for health information. A wide variety of topics, an encyclopedia, pharmacopeia, and resources guide.
- Duke University Healthy Devil On-Line: Online medical resources and information.
- Evaluation of English and Spanish Health Information on the Internet: The findings of a large study that describes and evaluates English and Spanish health information on the Internet. Assesses search engine performance and the quality and readability of health information on the Internet, and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- Family Health and Wellness: A guide with information about mental health, wellness, disease prevention, and family supports.
- GetWell.org: Offers resources for consumers on medical conditions, treatment and research.
- Halls MD: Clinical calculators of body surface area, breast cancer risk and body mass.
- Health A to Z: Includes a directory of more than 50,000 professionally-reviewed Internet resources, supportive online communities, and a calendar.
- Health Communication Network: Provides the up-to-date health information on a variety of subjects.
- Health Consumer Alliance: Provides information to consumers and advocates about access to health care for low-income consumers, including consumer education materials in 13 languages.
- Health Depot: Directory to health and medical sites about diet, fitness, disabilities, diseases, health resources, products and sales.
- Health Forums: Customized libraries of health and well-being information. Log in to access an extensive library of resources.
- Health In Depth: Health information links to newspapers, magazines and internet resources.
- Health Leader: A webzine produced by The University of Texas Health Science Center, which provides information to help you make better decisions about your health.
- Health Reserve.com: Offers information on men's, women's, and general health topics.
- HealthAnswers: Contains health news and information, including a health encyclopedia.
- HealthFrontier.com: Offers information including diseases and conditions, nutrition, exercise, mental health, live discussions and a message board.
- HealthInk Plus: Health information including health assessments, quizzes, polls, news, articles, and drug information.
- HealthLink Plus: Consumer health information on general health, health care providers, medical research, insurance, wellness, mental health, and alternative medicine.
- HealthStatus: Free reports on body fat percentage, body mass index, calorie burning activities, target heart rate and smoking costs. Online health risk assessment which provides resources based on your health risks.
- Healthfinder (tm): Resource for consumer health and human services.
- Healthgrades.com: Grades the performance of hospitals, physicians, health plans, nursing homes and other health care providers in the United States.
- Healthology.com: Provides health and medical information, written by professionals for consumers, and offers interactive online events and educational videos.
- Internet Health Library: Searchable index to healthcare sites.
- Internet Pharmacy and Online Pharmacies Verification: National Association of Boards of Pharmacy provides searchable listings of approved online pharmacies.
- Laurus Health Information: Information on health conditions, pharmaceuticals, medical news, plus profiles of physicians and hospitals. Free registration.
- LivingandHealth.com: Offers information on topics such as diabetes, irritable bowel syndrom (IBS), hypertension, and epilepsy.
- MCW HealthLink: Features health news and information, produced by the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- MDAdvice.com: Provides health and medical information, health tips, resources, experts, news, chats, and community support.
- MDinteractive: Providing consumers with healthcare information and resources in every medical specialty. Providing physicians and patients with an efficient way to create and store medical records interactively.
- MayoClinic.com: Clinical experts provide current medical information and news on health topics.
- McGill Molson Medical Informatics: Student Projects: A growing collection of multimedia projects in medical teaching. Developed by McGill medical students under the supervision of the McGill Medical Faculty. Includes a student/faculty forum.
- Med-Help.net: Nurses trained to answer questions on a variety of health topics.
- Medical Consumer Guide: Medical information pertaining to primary care, elective care, dental care, vision care, and drug and products safety and health.
- Medical Elite: International medical consulting and information company that specializes in locating medical specialists. Translated into English, Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and other languages.
- MedicalClub: Provides interactive free health information on Womens, Childrens and Family health concerns. The site also includes extensive information on herbal medicines, supplements and First Aid. Bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Medicalresourcesusa.com: Offers guides to American hospitals, health clinics, medical practices and specialties.
- Medicine OnLine: In-depth information on cancer for health care professionals and patients.
- Medidoctor: A home health guide to diagnosis and treatment, and when to see your doctor or go to hospital.
- Mediresource: Information on diseases and conditions, support groups and drug information.
- Michigan Electronic Library - Health Information Resources: Extensive resources and links of interest to the health consumer and to professionals.
- Mindy Machanic's Change Pages: Wellness and Health Info: Articles on healthy foods, cancer and breast cancer. Includes comprehensive links to additional resources for health and wellness.
- Mylifepath: Provides information on health and wellness, daily health news and message boards.
- National Institutes of Health -- Health Information Index: Main consumer health information page for the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NetHealthBook.com: Find symptoms, diagnostic tests and treatment of conditions and diseases. The content is categories and a newsletter is offered.
- Patient Protect: Medical consultation devoted to protecting and defend patients. Contributes to reducing health costs, by preventing abuses, negligences, medical errors and incompetence in the health field.
- Planetamber: Global International health, medical and disability resources database. Categorized medical condition search for people with disabilities or health impairments, their families and those providing services and support.
- Publications at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: Factsheets and other publications concerning infectious diseases.
- SciTalk.com: Science related resources for the public on health and disease. Discussion boards, chat, news, patents, clinical trials and books.
- Selfhealth: Consumer health information including a medical Q&A database and an Australian drug database. Covers infertility, emotional health, sexual health & integrative & complementary health issues.
- Surgery Door Home Healthcare Guide: Symptoms of common illnesses and ailments. From the UK's on-line health service.
- SymptomTracker: An interactive medical diagnosis and treatment reference that uses brief yes/no questions about a users symptoms to arrive at possible conditions and treatments. [Please note the "Warning" before proceeding - ed]
- The Doctor's Doctor: Explains how to interpret laboratory, surgical pathology, and cytology reports and provides information about various conditions and diseases. Maintained by a `group` of pathologists.
- The Health Resource, Inc.: Specialized medical research reports on mainstream, experimental, and alternative treatments, specialists, and support organizations.
- The Lifestyle Doctor: Information on lifestyle issues and simple ways to help oneself.
- The Merck Manual - Home Edition: Transforms the language of the professionals' version into commonly used English while retaining the vital information about diseases, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
- UHealthy Network: Global health information network and community that integrate every aspect of Health and Fitness in one place.
- Vital Star Health, Science and Technology Resource Center: Free online Medical Check up How healthly your are? Test your eye, BMI, carbs, protein, cholestrol, heart, height, calories, depression. Plus articles, news and updates related to health and fitness.
- WebMD - Consumer: Frequently updated portal for healthcare, chat forums, health quizzes, news and consumer product updates.
- Well-aware: Provides information on conditions, complementary treatments and expert views, all written by doctors in the United Kingdom.
- Wellness Hour Medical Informational Talk Show: A medical talk show aired in over 100 cities throughout the United States.
- Wellness.com: Includes health resources, discussion and news.
- WoundHeal.com: Educational information and resources for the non-surgical healing of pressure ulcers, at home.
- Your Health IS Your Business: Site includes information on health and wellness including primarily links to sites on the internet on health and wellness.
- YourMedicalSource.com: Provides information on a wide range of health and medical topics. Articles are reviewed by distinguished physicians and updated regularly.
- eCureMe.com: Identify symptoms to make a self-diagnosis; set up online consultations with physicians and therapists; view online medical dictionary of diseases, treatments, drug information.
- eMaxHealth.com: Offers articles on diets and weight loss, exercise and fitness, alternative medicine, mental health, aging, spiritual healing, and general health.
- eMedicine Health: Information for consumers on the symptoms and treatment of nearly every type of disease and health condition, first aid procedures for accidents and injuries, and physical and the emotional well-being that contribute to general wellness.
This category in other languages: