Search Home : Health : Resources : Professional
- AIS Health Web: Develops targeted news, data and strategic information in hospitals, managed care plans, medical companies and other health organizations.
- Amedeo Group: Provides access and help to medical professionals who are publishing information online.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Data and Statistics: Links to healthcare data and statistical sources.
- Differential Diagnoses in General Medicine: A `resource` for doctors and medical students. Contains over 400 lists of differential diagnoses in various topics in medicine.
- Doctor's Guide to the Internet: Has professional and patient editions containing news, medical information and resources.
- DrsReference Site: Medical reference site aimed at doctors. Australian site but of worldwide interest. Includes medical publications, medical texts, Medline and conferences.
- Evidence-Based Medicine: University of Massachusetts Medical School site providing tutorials and links to database resources.
- Greater South Eastern Division of General Practice: An organization that provides services and a focal point to help General Practitioners work better. Includes programs, events, a newsletter, a library, software, services and links.
- Health Pages: Consumer ratings of physicians, dentists, hospitals and HMOs across the USA.
- Health Resource Partners - Connecting the Healthcare Community: An information clearinghouse for professionals and `resource` for employment, training, education and events.
- Health Systems Performance: Offers catalogue of debates surrounding health systems performance and the World Health Report 2000, information on current WHO works, links.
- Health and Medical Care Archive: Holdings consist of empirical data collected by health care researchers, in universities as well as in public and private agencies.
- HealthLeaders.com: Medical portal for health professional. Offers news, chat and databases.
- HealthNet: UK based portal for health care professionals.
- Healthlinks: Directory of professional healthcare sites, with a searchable directory, newsletter, forums, chatrooms, continuing education and classified ads.
- Interactive Health: Guide to Interactive Health and ehealth research, products, applications and organizations.
- MDchoice.com: Medical search engine with related information for healthcare professionals. Includes a patient simulator and photo rounds.
- Managed Care Insider eNews: Free monthly electronic newsletter for health care providers/professionals providing insight and analysis of the managed health care industry.
- Managed Care On-Line: Information resources for professionals involved with managed care.
- Med-E-Serv: Australian community for health professionals with accredited online education, professional development, conferences, `group` collaborations, and useful information.
- Med411.com: Search engine for the medical field, information for doctors, hospitals, clinics, research, and sources for equipment and supplies.
- MedServ: Information and news to medical professionals worldwide. Intended for the medical community and the medical profession.
- MedWeb: Large searchable database of internet health resources.
- Medem.com: An e-health network physician web site service.
- Medic8.com: UK medical portal for healthcare professionals. Offers specialty sites, databases, journals, online textbooks, organizations and jobs.
- Medical Resource Reviews Database: Contains summaries and reviews of electronic medical information resources (Florida International University).
- Mediclass: Medical directory with forum and article submissions. A virtual medical community portal for medical students.
- Medology: Current medical news, articles, and career information. Offers a daily webcast.
- Medsite: Medical search engine and portal for medical and health information.
- Michelle Del Guercio - Medical Photography: Goal is to chronicle the two sides of health care: the highly clinical perspective from the health care professional's point of view, and the emotional journey experienced by patients and their families and friends.
- Mioti: Large list of professionally oriented links.
- NHLBI Health Information Network: Provides email updates to health professionals on National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's latest research on identifying, assessing, and treating cardiovascular disease, asthma, and sleep disorders.
- NSW Health - Health Promotion Branch: Provides on-line access to health promotion information for practitioners, researchers, students and consumers. Includes case studies, contact lists, better practice guidelines, info on new campaigns/research and links to health promotion web sites.
- National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine: The institute provides information and advice concerning health and science policy.
- National Health Observances: Offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a monthly list.
- National Health Observation Dates: An alphabetized list of health observation and recognition dates for the health, medical and hospital industry. Dates for both public awareness of healthcare issues as well as recognition dates for healthcare professionals.
- PDA Medical Solutions- Home: Providing the medical community with essential, accurate medical information for the Palm Pilot OS, PDA platform. All in a user friendly, easy access, menu driven format.
- Pam Pohly's Net Guide: Assists health care professionals and administrators in finding pertinent resources, both on and off the internet.
- Quick Refrence for Treatment of Pesticide Poisoning: Contains treatment outlines for the most commonly used pesticides in Pakistan. A quick guide for emergency treatment for cases of acute pesticides poisoning meant for use by qualified medical practitioners, doctors and physicians.
- Steps Toward a Universal Patient Record: An online book about how to develop an automated patient medical record that could evolve into a universal patient record.
- The Doctor's Lounge: Offers news, articles, software, forum, chat, humor, and Medline search. [Some areas require Internet Explorer]
- The Med-Psych Network: Offers information about medicine and psychiatry, specifically related to combined medicine-psychiatry residency programs. Includes a directory of links to various medical and psychiatric sites.
- Timely Topics in Medicine: Interactive medical information in a multicultural, multilanguage setting. Features include access to original articles and case reports, news and multimedia webcasts from major conferences, telesymposia and Medline.
- UKMiCentral: Intended principally for healthcare professionals in primary and secondary care. Includes new drugs, prescribing support, guidelines, therapeutics, enquiries, links and a search feature.
- US State Licensure and DEA Information: Includes radiology oral boards review books and licensing information.
- Volc-R: A collection of medical links and resources for healthcare providers. Includes evidence-base medicine, managed care and continuing education resources.
- WISQUARS: An interactive database system that provides customized reports of injury-related data. Compiled by the CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.
- eMedicine World Medical Library: Directory of free online medical reference textbooks for physicians, medical students, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and the public. Up-to-date, searchable, peer-reviewed medical journals and textbooks.