Search Home : Health : Senior Health : Fitness
- 50-Plus Fitness Association: Devoted to information about, motivation toward, and participation in exercise and fitness while aging.
- Accent on Health: Motivation, inspiration and resources with tips on whole body conditioning for people over 50.
- Activekarma.com: Features articles and tools for those over 40.
- Advice for the Aging Athlete: Informative article, authored by William G. Raasch, MD, Director of the Division of Sports Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital.
- AgeFit: Senior fitness services for the older adult community.
- Alexander Technique and Aging Well: How this century-old method of stress reduction can help seniors.
- American Senior Fitness Association: Provides senior specific fitness training, certification and resources for exercise professionals who serve older adults as well as fitness information and tips for mature exercisers.
- Coronay Artery Rehabilitation Group: A self-help, volunteer, non-profit `group` dedicated to promoting a healthy life style for persons with cardiac problems, with the help of cardiac specialists.
- Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine and Science: Aging and Exercise: A comprehensive and somewhat technical article on the physiological changes associated with human aging and the positive role that exercise can play.
- Fit Senior Online Catalog: Fitness, sports, gymnastic, aerobic equipment, as well as cycles, treadmills and related products and prices.
- Fitness First for Women and Seniors: Center designed to accommodate the unique needs of women of all ages and senior citizens. (New Jersey)
- Fitness Past Fifty: Provides information to help mature adults stay fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Geri-Fit: Vendor of a 45-minute weight training workout for older adults, also providing information on osteoporosis.
- Karlsigma's Fitness Philosophy: Tips for diet, nutrition, exercise, fitness, mental health, and longevity, from a retired scientist.
- Michigan Senior Olympics: Information about this program which promotes healthy lifestyles by organizing state games, sports competitions, fitness, and wellness programs for individuals over 50.
- National Institute on Aging Page: Don't Take It Easy Exercise: An authoritative site from the National Institute on Aging describing the benefits and guidelines for exercise for seniors.
- New Mexico Senior Olympics: Information on their annual state games and events held throughout the year. Includes a quarterly newsletter, results, events, records and senior profiles.
- Older Women And Fitness: Brief summary of research conducted by an undisclosed source on the importance of exercise for the older woman.
- Over 50 Magazine: Middle Tennessee Edition of a bi-monthly publication.
- Portraits of Senior Athletes: "Growing Old is Not For Sissies" Two black and white photography books about senior athletes doing the sports that they love best.
- Senior Health, from About.com: Links, articles, and information on senior health and fitness.
- Senior-Fitness.com: Offers information on stretching and exercises to maintain balance and prevent falls among seniors.
- SeniorWorld Online: Health, fitness, and nutrition articles for seniors.
- Silver Sneakers: Fitness programs for seniors working in conjunction with health plans.
- T'ai Chi - Kung Fu Alliance: Providing professional, certified instruction in Yang Style T'ai Chi and Northern Shaolin Kung Fu. Specializing in the Beginner Senior T'ai Chi Student.
- Walk Tall: Exercise program for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.