Search Home : Health : Senior Health : Well-Being and Safety
- Abuse of the Elderly: Elder abuse definitions and prevention.
- Aging Well Village: Health and wellness for mature adults seeking to start or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Nutrition, fitness, healing, medications, and safety.
- Benevolent Ballet: Training seminars to motivate the elderly to exercise to improve posture, balance, coordination and confidence to prevent falls.
- Dr. Ann Steiner's Medical Information Sheet: Convenient medication tracking. Medicine list easily folded into pocket-sized reference.
- Elder Suicide: Information and resources on elder suicide.
- Florida Health Consultants: Provides geriatric case management services
- Growing Old, But Keeping Fit: Chapter from the free online book, "How to Get the Best Medical Care - A Guide for the Intelligent Patient".
- Health & Safety Tips: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center.
- Lifeline Systems: Provider of emergency response systems and medical alarms for the at home elderly, enhancing their independence and quality of life.
- Making your Home Safe for Seniors: A room-by-room assessment by a physiotherapist of safety tips for the homes of senior citizens.
- Mind Works: Promoting superior mental fitness for older adults.
- Ontario Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse: Institute for Human Development, Life course and Aging, University of Toronto. Facts, organization history.
- Peele: Environmental range of radical ideas for approaching seemingly insoluble social problems concerning drugs, alcohol, and behavior for seniors.
- RemindeXpress: Offers free timely reminders for immunizations, flu shots and important preventive medical tests and procedures via email, pager or cell phone.
- Safe Driving for Older Adults: Conducting an assessment of driving habits and skills is one way to assemble some objective data.
- Safety Link: Personal response service that links clients with family, friends or emergency services in times of need.
- Self-Defense for Seniors: Offers two full hours of instruction especially designed for seniors.
- Senior Drivers: Offers a driving refresher and fitness tips for seniors using streaming video. Includes travel hints, latest traffic safety news, links, and quizzes.
- Senior's Health Canada: Guide to government of Canada's services for seniors and their families.
- Seniors And Food Safety: FDA/CFSAN's information on preventing foodborne illness.
- Sentry Manufacturing Company: Complete description of emergency call, smoke warning system for architects, engineers, and facility operators.
- The Center for Social Gerontology: TCSG is a non-profit research, training and social policy organization dedicated to promoting the individual autonomy of older persons and advancing their well-being in society.
- Trustcare Ltd.: Details about their medical alarm emergency response devices for seniors.