Search Home : Home : Consumer Information : Clothing and Accessories
- StylePhyle: Articles on clothing, shopping, and style (including the quest for the perfect black cardigan and 10 things you'll wear for 10 years), packing tips and lists, closet organization and tips from the fashion police.
- 1st 4 Louis Vuitton: A guide to Louis Vuitton products with articles, reviews and tips on how to spot counterfeit ones.
- All About UK Fashion: Style and fashion trends and fashion world news highlighted in this UK site.
- Bargains LA: Suzanne's Corner: Southern California-based site has money-saving tips, bargain shopping and consumer information.
- Celebrity CopyCat: Each month, six celebrities are chosen. Their looks are duplicated for under $50 with shopping suggestions and links.
- CollegeGrad.com: Dress for Interview Success: How to dress well for a job interview.
- Color and Fabric to Slenderize: Discusses qualities of colours and fabrics to help consumers chose clothing that slenderizes and flatters their figures.
- Dot Com Women: Community-driven site for women featuring fashion and beauty, as well as other topics of interest.
- Dressing Well On-line: Personal image, professional dress and business casual resources with tip-of-the-week archives, fashion and dressing articles, and seasonal lists.
- Easy Textiles: Provides information about fibres and yarns, fabric selection, purchases and care of garments, and industry news.
- FashioNZ: Fashion site featuring advertorial, listings of New Zealand designers, competitions and email subscription to weekly report.
- Fashion 411: Fashion trends, wardrobe advice for petite, tall and plus-size women, and other useful articles. Fee required for some sections.
- Fashion Finds: Features on style, concepts, designer profiles, beauty, make-up, designers, photographs and illustrations.
- Fashion Icon: Features fashion news, style and dressing tips and articles, an ask the fashion experts column, and fun craft projects for recycling dated fads.
- Fashion UK: Style and beauty news and advice, featuring articles, message boards, chat and photos.
- Fashion United: Fashion news, articles, business section with career centre, and links to brands and online stores.
- Focus on Style: Down-to-earth beauty, style and shopping advice for the everyday woman from syndicated columnist Sharon Haver.
- Girl on the Street: Style and fashion forecasts from the site's editors; also includes style in other aspects of life features.
- How Jeans Are Made: How jeans' manufacturers make blue jeans and what to know when buying or ordering them.
- How Stuff Works: How Computerized Clothing Will Work: Illustrated narrative shows how computerized clothes will be the next step in making computers and devices portable.
- Jeans My Age: Includes selection, care, history and information on the allure of denim.
- Leah Feldon: Advice from style guru with fashion tips, style advice and finding good buys.
- Lovely Living: A weblog on fashion, shopping, style, cooking, cosmetics, writing and the arts.
- Millinery.info: Links to millinery designers, schools, associations, suppliers and discussion groups.
- Modern Traditional Clothing: Forums, search, auctions and information about various ethnic, tribal and traditional styles and current fashions. Updates weekly by way of subscription newsletter.
- MouthShut.com: Gives consumers a chance to review their favourite and most hated brands of clothing, shoes and accessories, and groups them under user-friendly categories.
- Ohio State University: Post-operative Clothing: Plan Ahead for Comfort During Recovery: Clothing tips and advice for those recovering from abdominal surgery.
- Ohio State University: Recycling Clothing with No Sewing Skills Needed: Offers tips and advice on recombining old clothes into new outfits.
- Outside Buyer's Guide 2004: Jackets: Including selection, care and reviews. Sponsored by REI.
- Personal Style UK: Compilation of news snippets on designers, fashion, accessories and personal style.
- SheFinds: New York-based site with trend reports and personal shopping events. Newsletter available.
- Short Stuff: Fashion site for the petite, includes wardrobe tips, discussion forums, jokes about height and selected links to retailers.
- Stylebakery.com: Style solutions, shopping suggestions and trend information presented with engaging "bakery" metaphor.
- Swapstyle.com: Swap fashionable clothing and cosmetics with women from all around the world. Includes forum and magazine.
- The Budget Fashionista: How to look your best for less. Find out about the latest styles, secret celebrity fashion tips and discount designer fashions.
- The Conselle Institute of Image Management: Image consultant Conselle includes articles about how to effectively shop catalogues, why people are afraid of fashion, and encouragement for dressing for self-expression in the 'Image Education' section. Weekly newsletter available.
- The Style Group: Site ranks the top 10 of numerous categories, including several in fashion, beauty and accessories.
- The Trend Report: The latest fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends for consumers by Judy Gordon, the Today Show's Style Editor and international trend consultant.
- The Vintage Hawaiian Shirt: Detailed visual retrospective of vintage Hawaiian shirts with images, descriptions and history. Includes personal commentary from the collector.
- Thread: New Zealand-based site has articles on style and culture, a directory and an online shop.
- USDA: Consumer Information on Protective Clothing: United States Dept. of Agriculture consumer information on the use of protective clothing and shoes when applying pesticides.
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln: Analyzing Color in Your Wardrobe: This online guide discusses the importance of colour in developing a wardrobe and offers suggestions on how to select colours to complement an individual's personal colouring.