Search Home : Home : Consumer Information : Computers and Internet : Security
- 2Privacy: Tips for protecting online privacy and security. Privacy Test.
- An Overview of E-Mail and Internet Monitoring in the Workplace: Complaince with the law that governs employer monitoring of employee Internet usage and personal e-mail in the workplace.
- AnonIC: A free `resource` for those in need of Internet privacy. The aim of this site is to educate Internet users how to protect their privacy at little or no cost.
- AntiOnline's Fight Back!: Provides educational material for consumers on security products, and ways to secure themselves online.
- Call for Action: Online Privacy: Describes what companies are doing to protect people's security online.
- Computer Security Resources: Articles on viruses, encryption and firewalls.
- Computer Security information for the rest of us.: Computer Security information in plain language. Learn how to protect your computer from viruses, spyware and spam.
- Consumer Guide to Internet Safety, Privacy and Security: Offers tips and advice for maintaining online privacy and security, and how to keep children safe online.
- Cyberangels: Help and information for people being cyberstalked, harassed or defrauded; or find child pornography or cyberpredators.
- EFS File Encryption Tutorial: Learn how to use the free Microsoft Encrypting File System (EFS) to protect your data and how to back-up your private key to enable data recovery.
- Home Computer Security: This site describes what to do to protect a home computer from theft, viruses, intrusions, disasters and fraud.
- Home Network Security: Gives home users an overview of the security risks and countermeasures associated with Internet connectivity, especially in the context of "always-on" or broadband access services such as cable modems and DSL.
- ISA Alliance Common Sense Guides: Common sense PDF guides to improve computer security.
- MJL Software: Guidelines on how to keep your computer safe from viruses and spyware.
- Online Privacy Alliance: A `group` of corporations and associations who work together to introduce and promote business-wide actions to foster protection of individuals' privacy online.
- Online Security Tips for Consumers of Financial Services: Advice for conducting secure online transactions.
- Outlook Express Security Tutorial: Learn how to backup your Outlook Express (OE) Email, investigate the Windows Registry and transfer your email account and rules settings to another PC.
- Privacy Initiatives: Government Site that is run by the Federal Trade Commission. Information about how the government can help protect kids and the general public. It has lots of information about official policies.
- Private and Anonymous Surfing Tutorial: Offers a few tips for configurations for your computer programs to obtain a higher degree of privacy, safety and anonymity. [English and Dutch]
- Protect Your Online Privacy: A collection of security and privacy tips and hints from the West Virginia Attorney General's Office.
- Protect Your Privacy and E-mail on the Internet: Guide to protecting privacy and personal information. Includes information on protecting passwords, e-mail software, IP numbers, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software, and related resources.
- Shop Safely Online: Tips from the US Federal Trade Commission on securing personal information when shopping online.
- Spyware watch: Spyware info and tools.
- Stay Safe Online: Tools and resources to empower home users, small businesses, schools and universities to stay safe online.
- SurferBeware.com: Internet safety, protecting online privacy, virus prevention, web security and e-mail tips.
- Susi: Information and advice to parents and teachers, about risks on the Internet and how to behave.
- Wired Safety: Offers advice about things that can go wrong online, including con artists, identity thieves, predators, stalkers, criminal hackers, fraud, cyber-romance gone wrong and privacy problems. Includes contact form.
This category in other languages: