Search Home : Home : Consumer Information : Toys and Games
- All-Reviews: Toys: Reviews of toys and games by consumers.
- Best Child Toys: Guide on how to choose children's toys and games which are fun, safe and educational.
- CPSC Toy Safety Publications: Publications from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Canadian Toy Testing Council: Non-profit, charitable organization that offers evaluations of toys tested by children in everyday settings, to assess design, function, durability and play value.
- Classic Toys: Classic toys that are still on the market, along with their first year of introduction and their current manufacturer. Compiled by the American Toy Institute.
- Consumer Reports for Kids Online: Zillions (Consumer Reports for Kids) includes advice, ratings of toys and other things kids buy, and fun features like Fad Alert. Accepts no advertising from companies.
- Dr. Toy: Provided by the Institute for Childhood Resources, this comprehensive site has tips, articles, evaluations, company links, toy history, "100 best toys", web links.
- Dragon Magazine: Role playing and other games reviewed. Includes forum, articles and links.
- Edutaining Kids: Reviews and guide to the best children's "edutainment" toys, videos, software, music, and video games.
- Epinions: Toys: Comprehensive site with consumer reviews, tips, and advice on both toys and games. Search by type, character, price or brand name.
- Fun Play, Safe Play: Covers importance of play, safety tips, and toy suggestions.
- Game and Toy Reviews: What's a Kid 2 Do? and, What's a Teen 2 Do? provide computer children's software, toy, games, and sports reviews for consumers. Site focuses on products that are currently popular and in demand.
- How Stuff Works: Dancing Monster Novelty: In-depth description with many inside-view photos of a popular seasonal motorized novelty item.
- How Stuff Works: How Magna Doodle Works: Photographic tour of the Magna Doodle, shows how the liquid dispersion medium is used in a toy that allows children to draw and re-draw pictures and words without wasting paper or creating chalk dust.
- HowStuffWorks: How Water Blasters Work: Animated article shows inner workings of water pump guns capable of shooting 50 feet.
- PIRG Toy Safety: Focuses on toy safety and has a complete list dangerous toys, plus shopping tips for consumers.
- Rave Reviews: Sesame Street Parents presents age-customized reviews of kids' toys, books, software, games.
- Sci-Fi Toys: IGN Sci-Fi focuses on science fiction toys, particularly action figures, with reviews and notices of what is new and on the market.
- Sport Fun: Offers specifications and information on many sporting goods and toys geared towards young children and teens.
- T.O.T.Y. Awards: Toy of the Year Awards, voted upon by the general public and the toy industry. Data is available seasonally, generally around Christmas.
- The National Parenting Center: Independent parent testers review, test, and give seals of approval to toys, games, books, software, educational products.
- The Toy Guy: Toy reviews, game reviews, resources for parents and kids.
- Top Selling Toys: Month by month list, and archives of previous years, of top selling toys, compiled by the American Toy Institute.
- Toy Hazard Recalls: Toy recalls from the Consumer Product Safety Commission back to 1975.
- Toy Safety Survey: Annual survey and video demonstrations of unsafe toys. Tips for choosing safe toys.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension: Tips on Toys: Choosing safe toys, organized by age of the child.
- W.A.T.C.H. World Against Toys Causing Harm: Non-profit organization that lists toy hazards and a "10 worst toys" list.
- What's a Kid 2 Do: Toys: Reviews of popular children's toys with specifications and price range.
This category in other languages: